• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday Frankie Valli

Jedster

Today is the 83rd birthday of Frankie Valli & he is still touring.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Today is the 83rd birthday of Frankie Valli & he is still touring.
This may sound like a "fish story" but it's absolutely true. About 15 years ago, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons were singing at a show in Chesaning, Michigan, and I was staying at a small bed & breakfast there.

The morning after the showboat concert, I was on the front porch alone reading a newspaper, and Frankie came out, asked if I would share the paper with him. We ended up talking for a good 1/2 hour or more, and one thing that struck me was how unpretentious he was-- it was like just talking to a neighbor. Since he and my wife are Sicilian, this got discussed as well.

Nice guy.

BTW, the play "Jersey Boys" was great, but I won't give ya 2 cents for the movie.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I've met him at my aunt and uncle's house in Belleville (NJ). He crashed another cousin's wedding. My cousin was one of their songwriters and backup sax players. Frankie used to stop at their house frequently, either just because, or to work on a song idea with my cousin. As @metis said, he was very unpretentious and just another Jersey boy.

Jedster

@metis @Jainarayan
I have seen him a couple of times when he was touring in the UK. I have enjoyed their music since the early 60s,
It's great hear from people who have met him. You both have good karma :)