• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 4th of July

Smoke

Done here.
Thanks, Maggie!

I'm getting a trade-off for the 4th. I've quit cooking meat (except for seafood), and my better half informs me that he's taking over the grill for the day -- but he's making barbecued pork.

I can live with that, though. It frees me up to spend the day by the pool, a vodka and lemonade in one hand, and a copy of American Theocracy in the other. :D

For the first time in years, I haven't bought any fireworks. If the last two days are any indication, though, the neighbors will more than make up for it.

robtex

Veteran Member
You guys happy fourth!!! I am looking at the austin chronicle tomarrow
http://www.austinchronicle.com/

and seeing where live music is!! I am gonna try to make guacamole tomarrow and turn that into some veggie tacos with blackbeans and sour cream. Gonna blow some stuff up later that night!!!!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
maggie2 said:
Happy 4th of July to all our American friends! Hope you all have a wonderful day.:4th:
Thank you, Maggie! I'll tell you what... Find yourself a spot at the top of the tallest building you can find and look south. Maybe you'll be able to see some of our fireworks! :D

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
And to all non-americans, it might not be a feasty day, but ofcourse it may be a hppy day :D

So happy 4th july for everybody :p

Melody

robtex said:
You guys happy fourth!!! I am looking at the austin chronicle tomarrow
http://www.austinchronicle.com/

and seeing where live music is!! I am gonna try to make guacamole tomarrow and turn that into some veggie tacos with blackbeans and sour cream. Gonna blow some stuff up later that night!!!!

Rob,
I have a great guacamole recipe if want it. So far I'm batting 100 with people who say "No, thanks, I hate guac." and then discover that they love this recipe.

Melody

Happy 4th everyone! It's going to be a quiet one for us. My sister just took my son off for some early morning fishing and my husband is still sleeping. Later we're just going to grill out and hang by the pool....since it looks like the storms finally blew their way through about 2 hours ago.

Hope you all have a great 4th! Enjoy your families!