• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 4th of July!

Riders

Happy 4th of July!

Just staying home today , not feeling well and I know the fire crackers will scare my animals tonight so I don't want them to be scared alone.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Happy 4th of July!

I'm working unfortunately. But its holiday pay so my normal paycheck will be doubled so I've got that to look forward to!

Not that it matters. I've had the last few 4ths off and didn't do anything but chill at home anyways.

dianaiad

Happy 4th of July!

Just staying home today , not feeling well and I know the fire crackers will scare my animals tonight so I don't want them to be scared alone.

Feel better, Riders.

I have a little terrier chihuahua mix who has a traumatic melt down every 4th of July. It's so bad that I have to put a 'thunder shirt' on him (and it's HOT here...he's miserable even in an air conditioned house) and use a mild tranquilizer. He still hides under the covers.

Well, having an earthquake this morning didn't help him any. I've had a very interesting Independence Day! A 6.4 earthquake that lasted for nearly a minute. We felt it here, but we haven't felt any of the aftershocks that hit China Lake.

Thank all the folks who got together and passed the California building codes...and who enforce them.

ANY way, feel better. Have a slightly less scary July Fourth....

Riders

Feel better, Riders.

I have a little terrier chihuahua mix who has a traumatic melt down every 4th of July. It's so bad that I have to put a 'thunder shirt' on him (and it's HOT here...he's miserable even in an air conditioned house) and use a mild tranquilizer. He still hides under the covers.

Well, having an earthquake this morning didn't help him any. I've had a very interesting Independence Day! A 6.4 earthquake that lasted for nearly a minute. We felt it here, but we haven't felt any of the aftershocks that hit China Lake.

Thank all the folks who got together and passed the California building codes...and who enforce them.

ANY way, feel better. Have a slightly less scary July Fourth....
Oh no I'm so sorry yes I heard about that. I am glad you are ok. Ill say my prayers for California tonight. I hope your dog feels better!

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
Happy 4th of July!

I hope you feel better. Happy 4th to you and your animals too. :)

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Congratulations. Don't start a new war with Iran. You are in a habit of repeatedly doing so. It will harm the whole world.
A 6.4 earthquake that lasted for nearly a minute.
That strong! However, the duration can be measured only by machines. Human perception errs.
Yeah, I saw the videos. It was very strong. It would have flattened half of Delhi where we hardly have any building laws.

Last edited:

Riders

Congratulations. Don't start a new war with Iran. You are in a habit of repeatedly doing so. It will harm the whole world.
That strong! However, the duration can be measured only by machines. Human perception errs.
Yeah, I saw the videos. It was very strong. It would have flattened half of Delhi where we hardly have any building laws.

YIKES!

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Coincidence.....California experiences a 6.4 earthquake on Independence day, don't push Donald! No, I only added the last part tongue in cheek, I hope there were no casualties and God bless America.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
North America has lurking dangers, the San Andreas Fault (750 miles) and the Azores land-slip.
But one does not stop living because of dangers. Best wishes to USA and its people.

hqdefault.jpg
220px-Aerial-SanAndreas-CarrizoPlain.jpg

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
And then a 7.1 shocker. I shudder. Even my apartment would not have survived that without extensive damage.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Oh no. I am in New Delhi, India, safe and sound for the moment, though the region falls in Grade 4 earthquake zone. Not on any earthquake fault but near one in Himalayas. But I feel for the residents of California. They are going through it.

Riders

Oh no. I am in New Delhi, India, safe and sound for the moment, though the region falls in Grade 4 earthquake zone. Not on any earthquake fault but near one in Himalayas. But I feel for the residents of California. They are going through it.
Me too! Thanks!

dianaiad

Oh no I'm so sorry yes I heard about that. I am glad you are ok. Ill say my prayers for California tonight. I hope your dog feels better!

The dog's fine...we put a 'thundershirt' on him, give him a tranquilizer and let him hide under the bed. He's none the worse for wear.

I, however, spoke too soon...there was this 7.1 'aftershock' that hit us the day after I posted this...and we felt a LOT of aftershocks from that one.

Nothin' fell off the shelves in our house, though; Poor Trona got shaken down, pretty much, but except for being hot and thirsty, it looks like everybody is OK, pretty much. Except for one man, it looks like, whose car fell on him while he was working on it....in Las Vegas.

I can't help but compare this to the earthquakes in, say, Haiti, (also a magnitude 7), that cost 316,000 lives.

thanks to where it was, and to the California building codes, which are incredibly rigorously enforced, for that.

Now WE (my parents and I) went to Utah. We just got home...and amazingly enough, for the first time everybody knew where we lived! All we had to do was say we were a hundred miles southwest of Ridgecrest, and voila', Weird feeling.

Given that the place I live in is larger than three quarters of most state capitals and Ridgecrest has a whoppin' 30,000 people in it....(grin)

Riders

The dog's fine...we put a 'thundershirt' on him, give him a tranquilizer and let him hide under the bed. He's none the worse for wear.

I, however, spoke too soon...there was this 7.1 'aftershock' that hit us the day after I posted this...and we felt a LOT of aftershocks from that one.

Nothin' fell off the shelves in our house, though; Poor Trona got shaken down, pretty much, but except for being hot and thirsty, it looks like everybody is OK, pretty much. Except for one man, it looks like, whose car fell on him while he was working on it....in Las Vegas.

I can't help but compare this to the earthquakes in, say, Haiti, (also a magnitude 7), that cost 316,000 lives.

thanks to where it was, and to the California building codes, which are incredibly rigorously enforced, for that.

Now WE (my parents and I) went to Utah. We just got home...and amazingly enough, for the first time everybody knew where we lived! All we had to do was say we were a hundred miles southwest of Ridgecrest, and voila', Weird feeling.

Given that the place I live in is larger than three quarters of most state capitals and Ridgecrest has a whoppin' 30,000 people in it....(grin)

Oh thats nice, I am glad you are safe!

dianaiad

Oh thats nice, I am glad you are safe!

We are. My mom (91) is freaked out now, though. They are having earthquakes in Seattle, according to her, right next to Mt. Ranier (they aren't, and it was a piddly 4 pointer, but, well...Mom.) She now thinks that the entire 'Circle of Fire) is going to go, coming back around to the San Andreas fault, which will FINALLY deliver the "Big One' and give us beach front property. We do, after all, live on the North American plate side of it.

I think that would be a slightly miserable result. Even though I do like the beach.