• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hammer of the Sky

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I was just being creative with the title. I wanted to share a picture of my Mjölnir pendant. I picked this up at the Bristol Renaissance Faire yesterday. It was hand carved by a Blacksmith, out of a solid piece Meteorite.

21chu20.jpg

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Meteorite is usually expensive to buy, in spite of it not being that uncommon. I'm surprised they'd have something like this at the Bristol faire; seems like something you'd be more likely to find at a small faire.

Didn't realize Bristol was going already. Seems early, but I forget when that one runs, honestly. Was that the one where the giant wind chimes were?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Meteorite is usually expensive to buy, in spite of it not being that uncommon. I'm surprised they'd have something like this at the Bristol faire; seems like something you'd be more likely to find at a small faire.

Didn't realize Bristol was going already. Seems early, but I forget when that one runs, honestly. Was that the one where the giant wind chimes were?

Yeah! The wind chimes were awesome!!! They had one that was HUUUGGE! The Bristol Faire runs from July 11th to the first week of September, every weekend.

And yes it was expensive, but I think it was because it wasn't melted down and forged, it was essentially hand chipped into shape.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think it was due to the melting down, meteorite is just expensive. When I got a small, flat square of one at a rock and mineral show a few years back that was not quite a centimeter square and a few millimeters thick, it was like $30 or something like that. Presuming that hammer is about an inch, I wouldn't be surprised if that hammer was at least $100. It would actually be very easy to shape with the correct tools since they are often pure iron-nickel alloy.

I want that giant wind chime. In my dream house, which is really more of a dream acreage with a tiny house on it, that several thousand-dollar wind chime would be part of the grove and used for rituals. I had the company's card in my wallet for the longest time to remind myself to get one of their smaller chimes some day. May still do that, but it'd be mail ordered since Bristol isn't exactly a short drive for me nowadays. IIRC, they also had a flagrantly obvious Pagan shop at that faire.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
That's awesome.

What better material would be appropriate for such a pendant than that of a meteorite?

...and to that nitpicking voice in the back of my mind, that technically all iron comes from meteorites, shut up, those meteorites crashed so long ago that they've melded with Earth.