• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hair Loss

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
As I begin my climb into the 40s, I am starting to lose hair. It is thinning out and receding along the front. I also have started to see quite a bit of my hair in the shower drain. It's not a surprise; most male family members of mine have male pattern baldness, and in fact, despite being the oldest, I am the last of my brothers to begin the process.

My barber has been recommending Mane and Tail to me for years, but I've spent most of my life buying the 4-in-Ones: shampoo, conditioner, body wash and engine degreaser. I recently took the recommendation though and began using Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner and have noticed a serious difference. Notably, the shower drain hasn't been filled with my hair. Like, at all! My hair is much fuller as well.

I hold no illusion this is a cure for baldness, but it is at least maintaining what I have better.

I am going with the aging flow and accepting my balding fate. It like, totes natchy.

This wasn't meant to be a commercial for Mane and Tail, simply an observation and reflection on something I am experiencing as a man.

Another plus: I seem to be craving oats, carrots, and apples more. Odd.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I was obsessed with hair as I lost it in my early 20s.

After years of potions and wigs, I finally had a dose of reality and chucked it , accepting my fate as a bald man.

Wasn't as bad as I thought after I hit my later years.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been using Mane and Tail for years...the stuff you buy in the pet aisle, not the expensive stuff near the shampoos. I recently bought Aussie and am noticing more hair in the drain. Could be spring shedding...could be the shampoo and conditioner.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I was obsessed with hair as I lost it in my early 20s.

After years of potions and wigs, I finally had a dose of reality and chucked it , accepting my fate as a bald man.

Wasn't as bad as I thought after I hit my later years.

I have a friend facing the same issue and is doing all sorts of stuff to stall balding. He keeps trying to get me into it, but I feel like simply accepting it is far less stressful. My gorgeous Scottish Lowlander hair may not last forever, but it had a good go of it! (I've always kept it long.)

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I've been using Mane and Tail for years...the stuff you buy in the pet aisle, not the expensive stuff near the shampoos. I recently bought Aussie and am noticing more hair in the drain. Could be spring shedding...could be the shampoo and conditioner.

You can get it cheaper in the pet aisle?! I am going to have to check that out...

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I might have to give mane and tail a try. This isn't the first (or second) good review I've seen. I've been buying the like $9 shampoo and conditioners for years now. Maybe it's time to switch.

Is it only a shampoo? A 2 in one? I ask because I don't shampoo my hair daily, but I do comb it out with conditioner in the shower every day. That's the downside of thick curly hair.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I might have to give mane and tail a try. This isn't the first (or second) good review I've seen. I've been buying the like $9 shampoo and conditioners for years now. Maybe it's time to switch.

Is it only a shampoo? A 2 in one? I ask because I don't shampoo my hair daily, but I do comb it out with conditioner in the shower every day. That's the downside of thick curly hair.
Shampoo and conditioner are each in their own bottle.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

I think they do have a 2 in 1. I use the separate products. The conditioner can be used either as a rinse out or leave in. I use it as a leave in due to my own hair quality.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I think they do have a 2 in 1. I use the separate products. The conditioner can be used either as a rinse out or leave in. I use it as a leave in due to my own hair quality.
The one in the human aisle might come in 2 in 1, but the ones in the pet aisle don't.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'd blame the Aussie. My hair was always messy using it, and a stylist exolained to me it has cheap ingredients that aren't good for hair.