• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

H1N1 flu shots

challupa

Does anyone else here think this flu and it's repercussions are being blown out of proportion, or it is just me. From what I have heard, it is not as much of an issue as the regular flu yet the governments and health officials are pushing the flu shot for it unlike any other.

I also feel the media is running with this and sensationalizing it. In Canada they talk about all the "body bags" that are being ordered. One in particular was the 200 body bags the government sent a Northern Manitoba Native community. People there were outraged and the staff (nurses etc.) were very upset at the sensationalism of calling them body bags and not shrouds, which is what they are called when ordered by these communities.

With all the talk about the lack of testing for this shot and the probability that it will cause more problems health wise then it will prevent, why is there so much hype to have the population take them? Is there someone on this forum that understands this better than me that can give me some insight into why people seem to be freaking out about this when it has only "so far" minimally impacted the world?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I do, personally. But I also think complacency is unacceptable and the world needs to remain in preparedness mode for pandemic situations.

Personally, I'm not comfortable having my children immunized for H1N1 but I take the threat serious enough that we are taking other precautions and reiterating to our children, the importance of washing hands and not eating/drinking after others.

I know I haven't really answered your questions. Your thoughts and questions mirror my own.

challupa

I do, personally. But I also think complacency is unacceptable and the world needs to remain in preparedness mode for pandemic situations.

Personally, I'm not comfortable having my children immunized for H1N1 but I take the threat serious enough that we are taking other precautions and reiterating to our children, the importance of washing hands and not eating/drinking after others.

I know I haven't answered your questions. My thoughts and questions mirror yours.
I find the info changes nightly on the news. I don't think anyone knows much about this so I suppose that's one reason. We have been told that since it is air borne that washing your hands etc. is not going to prevent it from spreading. While handwashing is important for regular hygiene, it will do little to prevent the spread of H1N1. I have had the mild version of it and found it uncomfortable, but not overly so. I was still able to do more than I have when I have had some other flus.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
The information that I've read states that H1N1 is spread as the "normal" flu is spread and handwashing and other precautions can reduce your chances of getting sick. www.cdc.gov is one resource. I've also read updates from the Virginia Department of Health and the American Red Cross that suggest about the same.

Yes, it's airborne but you can also contract the illness through physical touch.

challupa

The information that I've read states that H1N1 is spread as the "normal" flu is spread and handwashing and other precautions can reduce your chances of getting sick. www.cdc.gov is one resource. I've also read updates from the Virginia Department of Health and the American Red Cross that suggest about the same.

Yes, it's airborne but you can also contract the illness through physical touch.
Thanks for the link. I agree that handwashing is good hygiene all the time.

I received an email this morning from someone and it was what triggered this thread. It seems that people are really getting freaked and believing all sorts of nonsence. Here is an example of that:
Pandemic Flu Online » Police and Military Train To Intern Swine Flu Vaccine “Refusniks”

I realize that conspirists are always out there and so this would be no exception, but some people are going to believe them and the fear it generates is going to be worse than the flu!

Shamuwn

Many of the so-called '' Vaccines '' That have been Injected in Children and Adults are Deadly . Most of The Vaccines that were Injected into People were done as Experiments as a part of Germ Warfare as well as to see The Effects it would have on The Human Body . They are using You And Your Children As Guinea Pigs .

There Have Beeen Cases Where Immunization Has Killed People . One Case Is As Follows ;
'' An Eight Year Old Girl Was Awarded Over $15 Million In Damages After Receiving A Dpt ( Diptheria - Pertussis - Tetanus ) Immunization Which Gave Her Permanent Bran Damage At The Age Of ( Three Year Old ) . The Producer Of The Dpt Vaccine , Wyeth Laboratories , Attempted To Deny That The Damage Was Caused Solely By The Dpt Vaccine , But The Lawyers Proved There Case To The Satisfaction Of Judge And Jury ( 1990 Graham Vs Wyeth Labs ) . In An Article Written In The Magazine '' Health Freedom News '' , July / August 1986 A.D. States ; '' Vaccine Is Linked To Brain Damage . 150 Lawsuits Are Pending Against Dpt Vaccine Manufactures Seeking 1.5 Billion In Damages .

You have to also remember that all of this Involves Money . When you take your Childre To The Doctor . You have to Pay Them . This is another one of the reasons why Immunization are required . Organization and Agencies that Promote Vaccines such as ; WHO ( World Health Organization ) , FDA ( Food And Drug Adminstration ) , CDC ( Centers For Disease Control ) , And AMA ( American Medical Association ) Are all involved with Large Drug Companies Who treat the Diseases and Infections that the Vaccines Cause . So , the same way Druge are Targeted to make a certain group of people Addicts , People are Intentionally given Diseases disguised under the name '' Vaccines '' just so that you can spend even more money buying Druges or Medication to cure it . Each of these Businesses are Linked in to each other right down to The Ny - Quil commercial that you see on Television

In 1918 A.D. During the first World War that Immunization for Influena / '' Flu '' Was made mandatory for all Servicemen . The year 1918 A.D. Was the same year of what became known as The '' Great Flu Epidemic '' Which was name '' The Spanich Influeza '' Needless to say it was name this to Hide where it Originated which was at A Military Base In Kansa , USA . The Military Hospital Were Filled With More ( Victims Of The Flu Vabbine Than Wound And Injuries From The War . ) This One Flu Epidemic Killed Over 20 Million People And People Who Did Not Die , Or Managed To Live Through It , Are The ( Ones Who Refused To Take The Vaccine ) .

Today , There has been a Warning about A '' Killer Flu '' That will strike America . They say that this type of Flu - Called A Pandemic - Only comes Periodically . The last Major Flu Pandemic took place in Hong Kong In 1968 A.D. And killed more than 70,000 People in The United States alone . Dominck Iauzio . Of The National Institute Of Allergy And Infectious Diseases say that , '' It Would Cause Severe Disease And Widespread Infection Because No One Would Have Antibodies For It . Doctors are trying to monitor this New Virus but they are never sure . They are trying to give Vaccinations to people to prevent them from catching this deadly new killer Flu , But they all agree that they could not possibly Vaccinate the world population all at once .

It doesn't stop there . Remember back in The 70's , 1976 A.D. to be exact , People were required to get a New Vaccine called The Swine Flu . It was a great deception . As you can read from the name , It was intended for Swine or Pigs . The Swine Vaccine was originally developed for use in the Swine Breeding Industry . Swine breeders were cautious of Vaccines because they had noticed a paralled developing with Human Vaccines where people would get the disease that The Vaccine was developed to prevent . Swine Breeders were also shocken when Vaccinated Pigs collapsed and died . They feared that their herds would be totally terminated because of The Vaccine . The Breeder objected , So the Drug Manufactures turned to The Centers For Disease Control In Athlanta , Georgia for help in getting back the money that was Invested In The Swine Flu Vaccine . This Is When They Decided To Market The Swine Flu Vaccine To Humans . Also Make Note That They Call It The Center Of Disease Control Not Disease Prevention . That Mean That They Control All Of The ( Diseases , Virus , Bacteria , Etc . That Can Cause Any Type Of Sickness . And If They Want To Release A Virus , Just As A Test , They Can . The Beast And His Campanions Are The Least Bit Concerned With Your Lives .

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Does anyone else here think this flu and it's repercussions are being blown out of proportion, or it is just me. From what I have heard, it is not as much of an issue as the regular flu yet the governments and health officials are pushing the flu shot for it unlike any other.

I also feel the media is running with this and sensationalizing it. In Canada they talk about all the "body bags" that are being ordered. One in particular was the 200 body bags the government sent a Northern Manitoba Native community. People there were outraged and the staff (nurses etc.) were very upset at the sensationalism of calling them body bags and not shrouds, which is what they are called when ordered by these communities.

With all the talk about the lack of testing for this shot and the probability that it will cause more problems health wise then it will prevent, why is there so much hype to have the population take them? Is there someone on this forum that understands this better than me that can give me some insight into why people seem to be freaking out about this when it has only "so far" minimally impacted the world?

Politically and commercially driven IMO.

challupa

Politically and commercially driven IMO.
Yes, I think so too. I am hearing they want to have at least 70% of the population inoculated because they believe it will prevent a 3rd wave. I can't see how this flu is any different than a regular flu. Less have died from this flu than the regular flu. Unless there is other concerns I don't know about, I don't understand the extensive media coverage, fear mongering and push to get these shots.

challupa

What hope have we got with such ill informed rhetoric as this. Hopefully it will crawl under a rock and die.
This guy must like the effects of smallpox, I hope he gets it to see the other side of the coin. He is the type of twit that wont immunise against rubella so children will continue to be born blind. Three cheers for islamic stupidity.
Cheers
Yes, while I don't see the urgency for the H1N1 shot, I certainly do agree with immunization in general.

.lava

Veteran Member
it is not that abnormal people are suspicious...after all one of the partners of Gilead Sciences that produces Tamiflu is Donald Rumsfeld.

i am not having it. vaccines that they use in USA are different from the ones they send here. it is known and even admitted by government. anyways...keep in mind vinegar is good for cleaning your hands. natural thing. specially apple vinegar is better than others because its Ph is same with Ph of human skin. also when you are outside try not to touch your nose, eyes and mouth.

Amill

Apikoros
I got the shot a couple of weeks ago because it was free and it only took 5 minutes at my school. No problems.

challupa

it is not that abnormal people are suspicious...after all one of the partners of Gilead Sciences that produces Tamiflu is Donald Rumsfeld.

i am not having it. vaccines that they use in USA are different from the ones they send here. it is known and even admitted by government. anyways...keep in mind vinegar is good for cleaning your hands. natural thing. specially apple vinegar is better than others because its Ph is same with Ph of human skin. also when you are outside try not to touch your nose, eyes and mouth.

Hi .lava,:) Well I can understand people's reluctance with flu shots. I caught H1N1 this July and I agree it is an uncomfortable flu, but not any more uncomfortable than others I have had over the years. Fever, brutal headache and muscle aches, on top of coughing and nasal congestion never are fun. So I also understand why people do get flu shots. I just think this one is really being pushed and I am wondering why so much emphasis is on this particular one I guess.

challupa

I got the shot a couple of weeks ago because it was free and it only took 5 minutes at my school. No problems.
I'm glad. I'm not against getting the shot, just thought it was really being pushed. The flu itself is not fun.

MissAlice

I've got the flu and no it is not fun.

Do I regret not getting the vaccine? :no:

I really don't trust what they put in these vaccines anymore.

challupa

I've got the flu and no it is not fun.

Do I regret not getting the vaccine? :no:

I really don't trust what they put in these vaccines anymore.
I wouldn't have bothered with the shot even if I hadn't had it. I just don't think I need them I guess. I have heard many people express that same thing. Many people are not trusting what goes into the vaccines. I think there is more information out there that is at times very confusing which doesn't help either I suppose.

I hope you are feeling much better soon. Mine ran about 8 days and the cough hung in there for a couple of weeks. Take care.

MissAlice

I wouldn't have bothered with the shot even if I hadn't had it. I just don't think I need them I guess. I have heard many people express that same thing. Many people are not trusting what goes into the vaccines. I think there is more information out there that is at times very confusing which doesn't help either I suppose.

I hope you are feeling much better soon. Mine ran about 8 days and the cough hung in there for a couple of weeks. Take care.

Thankyou challupa.

I've had this for over 4 days which seems forever. I'm not all against vaccine shots but I do wonder about some of them that're still being experimented on. I just think it's safer for the immune system to fight it off itself that is unless your immune system cannot for some reason fight it off or is damaged. Then it's time to take extra precaution.

challupa

Thankyou challupa.

I've had this for over 4 days which seems forever. I'm not all against vaccine shots but I do wonder about some of them that're still being experimented on. I just think it's safer for the immune system to fight it off itself that is unless your immune system cannot for some reason fight it off or is damaged. Then it's time to take extra precaution.
Yes that's true. I have a cousin that has big lung problems and something like this could be fatal for her. She needed it and fortunately she got it. But she also needs the flu shot every year for that reason. I am grateful for our advanced medical abilities, but sometimes I think we could do more to let our own immune systems fight it if they are healthy ones.

Eh, I had the swine flu. It sucks, a lot, but it's survivable. A lot like life... except for the survival rate, swine flu has a much larger survival rate.