• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gravity vs Mass

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
Causes for gravity: energy (including mass), pressure density, momentum density.
Please elaborate on this.

Thief said:
I think this much is the sum of your abilities
and never will there be more
And we have very good evidence this is inherently how the universe works. If you can do better, let someone know and you will be on a trip to Sweden.
Congratulation to you. You most be the only one who can state inherently/evidently how the Universe works :) Maybe you yourself are on your way to Sweden?

Keep on dreaming Polymath 257 :) If your latter sentence were correct, I would constantly pendle between Stockholm and my native Baltic Island of Bornholm, some few nautical miles from Sweden.

But of course this will never happen as long as "scientific fellows" peer review alternative cosmological ideas and ways of approaching the understanding of the Universe and as long as new students forget to think for themselves logically.

Which again is why modern cosmology changes and moves more slowly than a snail, keeping the astray direction of "consensus knowledge".

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
PCongratulation to you. You most be the only one who can state inherently/evidently how the Universe works :) Maybe you yourself are on your way to Sweden?

All I was pointing out is that we have pretty conclusively shown that determinism isn't the way the universe works. It works probabilistically instead. this is the result of the last century of science and is currently as solid as anything in science. Furthermore, we have observations which directly contradict local determinism.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
the heavens have been in place a loooooong time

I don't believe God needed numbers for that

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
so this is the top of the line
and God is not better?
Yes, this is the empirical gold standard.
"God" explains nothing, nor is it based on observation or verifiable facts, nor does it generate any testable predictions. It's an assertion of agency and nothing more.
no Source of creation and the forces that hold the universe together?

it is one thing to measure
another thing to predict

and Albert E. worked to his death...….trying to catch God
in the act
Not sure what you're getting at here.
What does religion have to say about the source of creation or the forces that hold the universe together? It posits an agent, but nothing more; nothing testable, falsifiable or predictive.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
the heavens have been in place a loooooong time

I don't believe God needed numbers for that
????? -- What does that mean? What is this aversion to mathematical description and measurement?
I understand that "God" is an appeal to magic -- no mechanism proposed or necessary.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
????? -- What does that mean? What is this aversion to mathematical description and measurement?
I understand that "God" is an appeal to magic -- no mechanism proposed or necessary.
and you think ?
God needed a blackboard and chalk
to set all things in motion
with His force of gravity dealt predictably

no magic

creation

gnostic

The Lost One
and you think ?
God needed a blackboard and chalk
to set all things in motion
with His force of gravity dealt predictably

no magic

creation

Nothing in Genesis 1 or even 2, say anything about gravity.

But the creation does require the supernatural involved.

Creation of light from nothing is one, except saying "Let there be light", is magic, hence supernatural.

Transforming dust into living adult male human is nothing but magic, hence more supernatural...or even unnatural.

Creation of vegetation before the creation of the Sun. That's not only wrong, it would also be unnatural.

Talking serpent, supernatural (and unnatural), it makes Genesis a myth or a fable.

These are all examples of the supernatural, which make Genesis creation a myth.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm saying effect without mechanism is magic.
Science investigates mechanism, and explains effect. Religion proposes no mechanism, thus explains nothing, ergo: magic.

Religion is an assertion of agency. Science explains mechanism. Apples and oranges.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I'm saying effect without mechanism is magic.
Science investigates mechanism, and explains effect. Religion proposes no mechanism, thus explains nothing, ergo: magic.

Religion is an assertion of agency. Science explains mechanism. Apples and oranges.
I choose both

apples and oranges

I have a question of which I will not post
I already know.....no one can answer it

but it does relate to this topic and so.....a redirect and a blindside
right up front

do you THINK you understand gravity?
and WHAT has mass got to do with it?

and if the Creator gets a mention
don't be surprised

OH God are you coming out as a flat earther???!!!