• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gravity vs Mass

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
This is a bunch of relativistic nonsense from mind confused "scientists".

"Gravity" as a commonly understood concept, cannot be universally explained at all.
"Time" does not exist as an universal concept.
"Space" does not hold the concept of curvation as an embedded quality.

These issues are all highly speculative ghosts in cosmological minds.

And yet GPS, which incorporate these ideas, works.
And if you don't accomodate for these relativistic effects, then GPS no longer works.

Sounds like you're the one who's confused...

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Someone had to be First
you are simply denying....He wasn't there in the beginning

Why does there have to be a first that *causes* everything after?

THAT implies your spirit is only a product of substance
and you are soon to be dust

not much point in generation 7billion copies of a learning device
only to have all those numbers crumble

The purpose of life is to live.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No.
Scientists observed phenomena. They called them Dark Matter and Dark Energy.
No assumption.
oooops.....the science documentary I saw was contrary to that

it is assumed

not proven

the aforementioned items cannot be detected

Thief

Rogue Theologian
IMO this perception is a mental result of the Abrahamic religion heritage. Several other ancient religions states everything in the Universe to be an eternal stage of formation/creation/dissolution and recreation/re-formation, which of course discards the very idea of a beginning, included a Big Bang.
I post the remark.....as my own

I never heard it from anyone else

but in the scheme of regression...….Someone had to be First
in mind and heart

Thief

Rogue Theologian
With another sentence: "Everything is connected and entangled" - Even native tribe cultures knew that and to a large extend, they also knew HOW and WHY = a causality.

Further on:

It is very common and normal for modern educated scientists and laymen to state such a denial.

Quote from - Causality - Wikipedia
“Causality is an abstraction that indicates how the world progresses, so basic a concept that it is more apt as an explanation of other concepts of progression than as something to be explained by others more basic. The concept is like those of agency and efficacy. For this reason, a leap of intuition may be needed to grasp it”.

Yes but "intuition" and "natural philosophy" isn´t learned in scientific physics, which is why all kinds of "cosmological statements" are full of dogmas which aren´t explained:

"Everything in the Universe is formed from nothing in the Big Bang".

"The Universe is suddenly increasing the velocity of the expansion".

"Dark energy" is added in order to confirm this dogma.

"The Solar System is formed from a cosmic cloud which suddenly decided to collapse in it self".

"Dark matter is inserted in galaxies just to confirm the gravity dogmas".

- And so on and so on . . . No natural and logical causal explanations, bul loads of assumptions on what´s going on. And if the assumptions fails, more dark this and that are just added into the falied assumptions.

Again:
"Quote from - Causality - Wikipedia
“Causality is an abstraction that indicates how the world progresses, so basic a concept that it is more apt as an explanation of other concepts of progression than as something to be explained by others more basic. The concept is like those of agency and efficacy. For this reason, a leap of intuition may be needed to grasp it”.

That is: In order to be able explain causal cosmological conditions, INTUITION and PHILOSOPHICAL THINKING is needed in order to grasp causal conditions and THEN describe and underpin these causal facts with modern scientific methods.
BRAVO!!!

may I add?,,,,,assumption is a tool
properly used investigation continues as possibilities unfold

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You may have understood that wrong. They can not be seen as they don't interact with light. They can be detected through their gravitational influence.
hmmmm…..fine line there

like saying.....I know there is God
the creation is the evidence

Heyo

Veteran Member
hmmmm…..fine line there

like saying.....I know there is God
the creation is the evidence
If you assume the universe been created and you call that creative force "god" (and don't add additional attributes) then the comparison works.