• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got a job interview, havent worked for over 11 years

janesix

I semi impulsively applied for several jobs yesterday. Ive been thinking about this for a year now, and finally just did it. Got an interview within twelve hours. For tomorrow at nine am. it's for Mcdonalds, which is just eight blocks away so I can walk to and from work if I get the job. I really really want this, they are paying well and I need the low stress job. Ive worked at Mcdonalds before and liked it when I worked in the back. I will only take it if they let me work in the kitchen. I am schizoaffective,and the stress of working with customers is more than I can handle.

I am on disability and have a nine month trial period before they start deciding to cut me off. which is fine, it's what I want. Tired of being dependant on the government for money and health care. I am really proud of myself for taking the plunge and making the start of getting my life back in order. A decade to work out my mental issues was enough for me. Still have problems but I have a set of coping mechanisms to deal with things now. I can now be a productive member of society once more, and feel more independent. I will also now have the money to start my art/crafting business, which is what I really want in my life. Im not sure if I will ever be able to make a living off my art, but between working and the business I can make it on my own. Then also if the job doesn't work out, I will focus more on the art and try to make more money doing that. Things are really looking up for me right now. my family is proud of me, as is my boyfriend for stepping out of my comfort zone and trying to do something with my life.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I semi impulsively applied for several jobs yesterday. Ive been thinking about this for a year now, and finally just did it. Got an interview within twelve hours. For tomorrow at nine am. it's for Mcdonalds, which is just eight blocks away so I can walk to and from work if I get the job. I really really want this, they are paying well and I need the low stress job. Ive worked at Mcdonalds before and liked it when I worked in the back. I will only take it if they let me work in the kitchen. I am schizoaffective,and the stress of working with customers is more than I can handle.

I am on disability and have a nine month trial period before they start deciding to cut me off. which is fine, it's what I want. Tired of being dependant on the government for money and health care. I am really proud of myself for taking the plunge and making the start of getting my life back in order. A decade to work out my mental issues was enough for me. Still have problems but I have a set of coping mechanisms to deal with things now. I can now be a productive member of society once more, and feel more independent. I will also now have the money to start my art/crafting business, which is what I really want in my life. Im not sure if I will ever be able to make a living off my art, but between working and the business I can make it on my own. Then also if the job doesn't work out, I will focus more on the art and try to make more money doing that. Things are really looking up for me right now. my family is proud of me, as is my boyfriend for stepping out of my comfort zone and trying to do something with my life.
Good luck. And don't chuck it in if you have some bad days! You're right: you will feel better. Everyone says how working is really good for self-esteem. I had this illustrated vividly this summer, when my son took his first temp job, before going to university, in a salad bar. After a year cooped up doing schoolwork from home (Covid), he had become rather introverted. It transformed him. He enjoyed the variety of people he worked with, he found he was actually quite good at it, he got entrusted with various tasks which gave him confidence - and he could not get over being actually paid for it, in real money.:D

Laika

Premium Member

Best of luck. I hope it works out ok. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Good luck to you. One technique. You can always apply at multiple places. And it is not a bad idea to practice with the jobs that you do not want as much first. Then when you go for the job that you want you will have a little recent experience under your belt.

Best of luck.