• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good job, left!

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

I love how they "didn't dive into" the reason. We all know the reason.

Please vaccinate your kids against actual scary illnesses with safe, long tested, preventative vaccines, where companies can be held responsible for negative effects. You don't want to bury your kid just to spite the left.

Last edited:

Premium Member
The anti-vaccine movement was big and increasing diseases in the US well before people started blaming the "left", that didn't occur until after COVID.

I was spoke with quite a few anti-vax crowds during the 2010's. Across the whole of political spectrum.
I think it's much older than that, but it was only the left who gave people valid reasons to doubt. I miss the good old days of "vaccines cause autism" when we could simply mock how dumb people were.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
We need to focus on "why" people don't trust vaccinations. It's more anti-intellectual I think, then political.

Last year, The New York Times ran an article on the increase in hesitancy and misinformation about different types of vaccines in a manner largely concomitant with the spread of misinformation about COVID vaccines in particular:

I think part of the hesitancy originates from misinformation and fearmongering that have been disseminated against COVID vaccines but are broad enough to also supposedly apply to vaccines for other diseases.

Premium Member
Last year, The New York Times ran an article on the increase in hesitancy and misinformation about different types of vaccines in a manner largely concomitant with the spread of misinformation about COVID vaccines in particular:

I think part of the hesitancy originates from misinformation and fearmongering that have been whipped up against COVID vaccines but are broad enough to also supposedly apply to vaccines for other diseases.
I don't even think it's so much the shot itself but how it was handled.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Noted professor of physics, Albert Bartlett said:

"The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function."

People who criticize vaccines do not understand exponential growth.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

I think part of the hesitancy originates from misinformation and fearmongering that have been disseminated against COVID vaccines but are broad enough to also supposedly apply to vaccines for other diseases.
That's part of the reason I reject the idea parents know whats best for their kids and should be the ultimate arbiter of what a kid gets or not (particularly medical), but not only that but have more means to save kids from destructive and neglectful parents who damage their kids.
In this case.not vaccinating your kids should be considered neglect. They're safe, they're effective, they prevent so much needless suffering that generations of kids only knew the iron lung in history books. Until, that is, these dumbos come along and are allowing these diseases to flair up again.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Perhaps our friends around the world could report whether this is a feature of their own societies. In the USA, there seems to be a resistance to being told what to do, no matter how beneficial the action may be. Incandescent light bulbs were banned because the new versions use so much less electricity, but banning them is still quoted as evidence of the evils of government.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Please vaccinate your kids against actual scary illnesses with safe, long tested, preventative vaccines, where companies can be held responsible for negative effects. You don't want to bury your kid just to spite the left.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Perhaps our friends around the world could report whether this is a feature of their own societies. In the USA, there seems to be a resistance to being told what to do, no matter how beneficial the action may be. Incandescent light bulbs were banned because the new versions use so much less electricity, but banning them is still quoted as evidence of the evils of government.
It's a matter of education and direct experience.

People tend to learn through easy street and hard street all the time, but should never be forced.

Hearts and minds are better than whips and clubs.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's a matter of education and direct experience.

People tend to learn through easy street and hard street all the time, but should never be forced.

Hearts and minds are better than whips and clubs.
In this case though it's not the parent's health and wellbeing that are at stake. We have solid evidence that shows it's not parents who suffer the consequences, it their children and and other unvaccinated children who needlessly suffer due to parental stupidity.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

Why are you claiming this is the fault of the left?

A lot of the misinformation that is driving this frenzy is coming from the far right.

Premium Member
Why are you claiming this is the fault of the left?

A lot of the misinformation that is driving this frenzy is coming from the far right.
It's not even a matter of misinformation, it doesn't even matter that most vaccines are beneficial and safe. It matters how vaccines have been treated in recent years, and none of that falls on the right. The right provided stupidity and misinformation like vaccines causing autism. It's the left who created valid hesitation, such as companies not being held liable, bad data, mandates, etc.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
It's not even a matter of misinformation, it doesn't even matter that most vaccines are beneficial and safe. It matters how vaccines have been treated in recent years, and none of that falls on the right. The right provided stupidity and misinformation like vaccines causing autism. It's the left who created valid hesitation, such as companies not being held liable, bad data, mandates, etc.
Let me know some legitimate sources that support this as entirely the fault of the left. Sorry, if I can't just take your word for it.

Premium Member
I think there's 2 things to look at.

1. Whether something is objectively beneficial or not

2. Just consequences for not following.

If the government stated that anyone still using incandescent bulbs was not allowed to work or would he arrested, and if incandescent bulbs weren't as bad as they are, wouldn't it be a different story? What if there were risks to the new bulbs but the companies couldn't be held liable, and the bulbs were highly untested?

Premium Member
Let me know some legitimate sources that support this as entirely the fault of the left. Sorry, if I can't just take your word for it.
You guys have to make up your mind, was the right pro or against the covid shot? You can't have it both ways. Who pushed these things?