• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods Ten Commandments

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
We are not saved by The Ten Commandments but by God's mercy. I think we should do our best to follow them, but it is an uphill task. Just look at the 10th Commandment about coveting. Has there ever been anyone who hasn't wanted something very badly, even if it belonged to someone else. :)

Coveting is evil. That may be yours, to overcome the world. Not all have those desires. Ive always had a full belly but i do not covet things beyond that. Mine could be something completely different. Yet equally harmfull. Are the Words of the testimony even harder to keep than His law? Do you claim to believe in Jesus and yet not follow His Words? I do have my problems which involve the flesh. But should i air them out before man? Yes, probably. Will i? I doubt it. Maybe, if i get to know you better. The testimony does say to confess your sins before man. A hard thing to do while professing your belief in someone who was perfect. Oh what a wrecthed man i am! Ive been goin at this stuff for near on 20 years. Sometimes i think im going in circles and yet i have a peace about my mind that all will turn out right in the end....

After all the testimony says....YOU WILL NOT SEEK ME IN VAIN

So....Whats the Word say about His Law and testimony? Do we simply believe His Word? Do we believe the word of the pulpiteers which claim this and that and no scripture to back up what they say. Why are there only a few that will be saved? IS THERE STRENGTH IN NUMBERS when Christ returns? No, there is not. Only a few saved to the Kingdom according to scripture. Why?

To what END will your belief systems come? The bible is the worlds best selling book. Have you read it? There will be no excuse for your actions. Its right there in black and white. Seek Him people through His Word. Lets come together- Jew and Gentile as 1 stick in the hand of the Lord

Well.. i guess i rambled long enough. I hope you give my words some thought as i have gleened them out of His Words. His Words shall not be moved

Tomorrow as your watching feetsball you might see John 16 signs flashed about the stadiums. One liners taken out of context and doctrines of man built around them. Uhhh... read the next few verses

JOHN 3 [16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him MIGHT BE SAVED. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [19] And this is the condemnation, THAT LIGHT IS COME INTO THE WORLD, AND MEN LOVED DARKNESS RATHER THAN LIGHT, because their deeds were evil. [20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. [21] But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Many will quote John 3[16-18]. But if you go on to read the next 3 verses in John (19-21) you will see that unbelievers have NO LIGHT IN THEM because they prefer darkness. Could it be there are some that say they believe and think they believe, but actually believe not due to their deeds? Their works?

ISAIAH 8 [20] TO THE LAW AND TO THE TESTIMONY: IF THEY SPEAK NOT ACCORDING TO THIS WORD, IT IS BECAUSE THERE IS NO LIGHT IN THEM.[21] And they shall pass through it, hardly bestead and hungry: and it shall come to pass, that when they shall be hungry, they shall fret themselves, and curse their king and their God, and look upward.[22] And they shall look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness, dimness of anguish; and they shall be driven to darkness.

As you can see this scripture from Isaiah is not about ancient Israel. In fact it has not yet come to pass. It will come to pass on “The Day of the Lord”. The day Jesus returns to this earth. To the law (10 commandments) and the testimony (Jesus) If they speak not according to these words THERE IS NO LIGHT IN THEM. Just as the WORD says in John 3.

ACTS 17 [10] And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. [11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY, whether those things were so. [12] Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Many will claim that Isaiah 8 is old testament and may be ignored. Im not sure where the many came up with that train of thought. The old testament scriptures were the only scriptures around during the time of Paul. In Acts 17 you find a people who searched the old testament scriptures daily to see if Paul was telling the truth. By testing Pauls words in this way, many came to believe. Nothings changed since Pauls time. Scripture should be of no private interpretation. Scripture will interpret scripture.

Its the LAW and the TESTIMONY. Like a horse and carriage. Love and marriage. Speak up all you who are against my Gods law. Speak up all you who are against my Gods testimony. Scripture will smite you twixted the eyes and set you on your bottom side.

Last edited:

anders

Ten commandments?

Please provide a link to your set. Jewish, RC or Protestant? What about the last command in the one and only OT list that claims to present ten of them, a commandment that is so important that it's repeated several times?

Which one?

Look.

Search.

Ex 2 3:19b

Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

= Ex. 34:26

=Deut. 1:21b

Obviously mighty important, and I'm so glad that I haven't ever broken it.

Arch-Angel

The voice of one crying
We are not saved by The Ten Commandments but by God's mercy. I think we should do our best to follow them, but it is an uphill task. Just look at the 10th Commandment about coveting. Has there ever been anyone who hasn't wanted something very badly, even if it belonged to someone else. :)
well said Christine.
Coveting is evil. That may be yours, to overcome the world. Not all have those desires.
i would beg to differ on this Brasen, Christine has selected a great law that is visually the most transgressed law and has sort of hit the nail on the head so to speak.(sin from the heart is harder to see)
1 John 2:15-16 15Do not love the world nor the things in the world If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world"
a good example of this is the first sin as we see it unfold with Eve
Genesis 3:4-6 4The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die!5"For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."6When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.
almost all sins begin with coveting, but if you want to really take a deep look into it you could say that every transgression also begins with forsaking Gods Law in the first place and thus discrediting His Holy Word adding sin to sin.
Matt 7:1-2 1Judge not, that ye be not judged.2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
this is the one that really got me when i was first reading the bible because i fully understood my own judgments and ordinances i placed on people, and i break even my own rules and regulations, i dont know if there is not a commandment that i have not broken in some way, i had favored sins at one point in my life but i am a new man now and have remorse and repent when i sin. i dont see how anyone could say that they only have a few sins they commit, when you look into your heart with the eyes of God in His Word all you see the black, putrid, evil, wicked, self seeking and apostate work that wouldn't have any hope without the work of Jesus.

Last edited:

Nikodemus

Heartstone
Must we try to keep all ten including the sabbath in order to be saved to the kingdom? The 1000 yr period of rest.

According to the New Testament, no. Christians do not need to keep the commandments to be saved. They simply have to believe in Jesus Christ and accept him as their Lord. That's it.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
The Sabbath was made so that mankind could have a day of rest. Don't forget that in that area in that time period, you had to work practically from 5 AM to 10 PM (give or take half an hour) just to survive. So I think the commandment of honoring the Sabbath was more for our sake and not the sake of glorifying God.

"The Sabbath was created for man, not man for the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27)

Therefore in this era of more or less surplus resources, it's not as important to strictly adhere to the Sabbath. Though I think it is still a good idea to take a day off for meditation and/or prayer.

Renji

According to the New Testament, no. Christians do not need to keep the commandments to be saved. They simply have to believe in Jesus Christ and accept him as their Lord. That's it.

Accepting Jesus Christ doesn't end by just saying or thinking " Ok, I accept you Jesus. That's it". You should do your best in doing good in the eyes of God, which involves the obedience of the believer to God's commandments.Remember when[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] an expert on Moses' laws came to test Jesus' orthodoxy by asking him this question: "Teacher, what does a man need to do to live forever in heaven?" (Except on God and His Angels,only the saved people can be in heaven alright.) [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Jesus replied, "What does Moses' law say about it?" "It says," he replied, "that you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind. And you must love your neighbor just as much as you love yourself." "Right!" Jesus told him. "Do this and you shall live!" The man wanted to justify (his lack of love for some kinds of people), so he asked, "Which neighbors?" Jesus replied with an illustration: "A Jew going on a trip from Jerusalem to Jericho was attacked by bandits. They stripped him of his clothes and money, and beat him up and left him lying half dead beside the road. "By chance a Jewish priest came along; and when he saw the man lying there, he crossed to the other side of the road and passed him by. A Jewish Temple-assistant walked over and looked at him lying there, but then went on. "But a despised Samaritan came along, and when he saw him, he felt deep pity. Kneeling beside him the Samaritan soothed his wounds with medicine and bandaged them. Then he put the man on his donkey and walked along beside him till they came to an inn, where he nursed him through the night. The next day he handed the innkeeper two twenty-dollar bills and told him to take care of the man. 'If his bill runs higher than that,' he said, 'I'll pay the difference the next time I am here.' "Now which of these three would you say was a neighbor to the bandits' victim?" The man replied, "The one who showed him some pity." Then Jesus said, "Yes, now go and do the same." (TLB, Luke 10:25-37)

Notice here that Jesus summarized the Ten Commandments into its two most important points, to love God above all (with all your heart,soul and mind) and to love your neighbor (including your wife and others by giving them respect and comfort). What can we get in this scripture? It implies that accepting Him and keeping his commandments is the road to salvation.
[/FONT]

Last edited: