• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Preoccupation With Fornication

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Then either you've failed to take into account all that he's written about fornication, or you don't believe some or all of the Bible is god's word..

Your original post was a great update about fornication for me. But you are right, I can't believe all of the Bible is God's word. Especially all these judgments
I do know that humans have this judgmental tendency. So for me it makes more sense that these judgments snuck in due to the minds of the Bible writers

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Either you're saying it isn't god talking or god has no huge problem with fornication. Care to clarify?

Well, according to those who Christians who believe the Bible is god's word, which is the basis of my question, god would be responsible.

This last point will go right over the head of Christians. They do not understand how the Garden of Eden myth tells us that God screwed up his creation and blamed the wrong beings. They surely won't understand your point.

Jumi

Either you're saying it isn't god talking or god has no huge problem with fornication. Care to clarify?​
It isn't God talking, but people writing. Some of the writing has value, some of it doesn't. God isn't like a human, it's like asking if a mountain(K2) cares about a climber. Some might think K2 is brutal and people might write various things how they think you should climb. Not much of it is helpful without experience of climbing. If you ask if it's the mountains opinion or fault if a climber gets lost following the text... you get where I'm going with this.
Well, according to those Christians who believe the Bible is god's word, which is the basis of my question, god would be responsible..
Well if someone takes the whole thing literally in modern context, I'd say it's their own fault, not even the Bible's or it's writers.

Skwim

Veteran Member
This last point will go right over the head of Christians. They do not understand how the Garden of Eden myth tells us that God screwed up his creation and blamed the wrong beings. They surely won't understand your point.
But that's where cherry picking comes in so handy. Understanding can be set aside. Simply ignore the difficult/embarrassing parts, and those that require understanding, and focus only on those that conform to one's theology.

Christianity is so easy, especially if you know how to go about it.

Skwim

Veteran Member
It isn't God talking, but people writing. Some of the writing has value, some of it doesn't. God isn't like a human, it's like asking if a mountain(K2) cares about a climber. Some might think K2 is brutal and people might write various things how they think you should climb. Not much of it is helpful without experience of climbing. If you ask if it's the mountains opinion or fault if a climber gets lost following the text... you get where I'm going with this.​

Yup.

Well if someone takes the whole thing literally in modern context, I'd say it's their own fault, not even the Bible's or it's writers.
I agree.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Having a sexual and romantic relationship where I live, makes you richer if you are not married.

Actually, if you are not married (while having a woman and kids) and you are not a Christian, gives you the ultimate tax cut.

So, your theory is immediately refuted by simple facts present in the Swiss legislation.

Ciao

- viole
yes, and people who sell drugs are rich too... so the point is?

Adios :D

stvdv

Having a sexual and romantic relationship where I live, makes you richer if you are not married.
Actually, if you are not married (while having a woman and kids) and you are not a Christian, gives you the ultimate tax cut.
So, your theory is immediately refuted by simple facts present in the Swiss legislation. -Ciao- viole

yes, and people who sell drugs are rich too... so the point is? Adios :D
Some say "Men are from Mars, and Women are from Venus"; meaning it's very hard to get them on the same page

Trying to get a female Atheist and a male Theist on the same page is near to impossible

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Some say "Men are from Mars, and Women are from Wenus"; meaning it's very hard to get them on the same page

Trying to get an female Atheist and a male Theist on the same page is near to impossible
True... true!

I heard that men were like waffles and women like spaghetti but all about the same principles.

Probably it is best said that the one has what the other needs. ;)

stvdv

Some say "Men are from Mars, and Women are from Venus"; meaning it's very hard to get them on the same page
Trying to get an female Atheist and a male Theist on the same page is near to impossible

True... true!
I heard that men were like waffles and women like spaghetti but all about the same principles.
Probably it is best said that the one has what the other needs. ;)

Maybe not exactly what the other needs. I mean an unmarried priest would miss out on something he needs. Can't be IMO

I think that both are 2 big egos that need a lot of rubbing, until the ego dissolves. And then divinity will shine in all its luster

I believe that men and women have all they need inside themselves already. They do not need the other sex to realize this