• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods message in book form

CaptainBritain

What would be neat is if the same message got revealed to 10 different people in different locations around the World at the same time, so that as that message spread in those areas over decades and centuries and those peoples finally came into contact with one another they would know exactly what the other believed before ever meeting him or her and that that this message was from God and not just some random bloke making stuff up and saying God said.

The reason I dont trust any religion with a book is as follows, its too human a form of contact, you always have to take another humans word that its the truth, thats no message a God with any power would send imho, there are still to this day tribesmen that have not heard of any of these books.

When the faithfull talk to God they do not write him a book, somehow that message is supposed to magically get to Gods ear, where is the magic in a book, a thing most humans can put together.

For every person here that holds a Holy Book dear to their hearts there are a host of holy books they view as false and visa versa in return.

The very concept that God should arrive in book form and in books that any outside culture for the most part could never read due to literacy and language barrier in the begining when masses of nations fell to these religions carriers.

Kings converting so they get perks, wives not annihilated etc so all must follow or die or live lower lives, many having never read a word of it to begin with, that God would arrive in this fashion baffles me, for an all powerfull creator to choose such a trivial object as a book as a mode of declaring instruction.

A being or set of beings that one presumes could give every Human the courtesy of revelation that he/they bestowed on so few.

One would think if we talk to God he would tell us right from wrong and that nobody could ever confuse his/her/they/its attributes.

That we would not need a third and human party to write the truth down for us and in so many conflicting forms throughout time,

Over 200,000 Gods have been shown to us in human history, all presumebly by the few with the bat phone to heaven, yet the inconsistancies of these versions is startling, even amongst groups who profess the same God, who God is, what his/her attributes, what he wants etc is as clear between them as sign language to the blind.

Yet the message get conveyed in a book, would a good God put his message to humanity in a form that could be used for any purpose the human heart desires be it good or bad?
I could list the good and bad these books have been employed by mankind for but you know the history of those books and there use better than I.

Put short a book is an extremely flawed open to almost any interpretation form of communication, in the case of Holy Books as well as secular even morbid differences in interpretation occur, christian killing christian, muslim killing muslim, as two examples.

My questions are this (although feel free to attack it any way you wish),

why are there so many Holy Books on planet earth, and through our history there have been thousands?

Why are they so wildly different with the exceptions of certain golden rules in many like worship or burn?

Why is the nature of an eternal God/gods so inconsistant based on geographical location and point in history?

And what do you feel Gods message to the World in book form has done to clarify matters?

In the case of those who view their book as the only word of God, if God/Gods did send a message in book form, how could any mere human write one that could compete with it?

Just a rant on the subject, if its not well thought out in places I can live with it:)

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I think a critical but fair mind is best when looking at any theory, people who go into such things with an open mind tend to swallow stuff they shouldnt.
If the evidence stands up to stringent scrutiny the makers of the doc might have a point.
If the evidence fails in a "aliens built the pyramids" style then thier theory fails with it. always best to apply scientific methodology, i stand by that.
If you dont stand for something you might fall for anything.
Do you have a link?

The first two seasons are up for instant watch on Netflix. They don't claim that aliens built the pyramids, but that they gave us the technology to build them, because they claim that there's no way they would have even have had the motivation to build them, much less the technology, unless they had more advanced tech than we think, which, of course, could ONLY have been supplied by aliens. :rolleyes:

It's a pretty stupid show, but it is entertaining if that kind of thing interests you.

CaptainBritain

The first two seasons are up for instant watch on Netflix. They don't claim that aliens built the pyramids, but that they gave us the technology to build them, because they claim that there's no way they would have even have had the motivation to build them, much less the technology, unless they had more advanced tech than we think, which, of course, could ONLY have been supplied by aliens. :rolleyes:

It's a pretty stupid show, but it is entertaining if that kind of thing interests you.

Well the mention of pyramids and lack of capacity for human invention and the theory that the endless persuit of white elephant building projects are outside the realm of human thought have put me off a bit.

I was reading the story of ancient batteries found in the middle east not long back, and how the French (well not French but that part of the World) and the ancient Clovis people of north america are linked via crossing the Atlantic during the ice age (an easier persuit in a small boat with fishing gear and fresh water ice bergs everywhere to rest on and to drink), how they had every item they needed and every skill required to make the trip in that environment and the artifacts found both sides of the pond,

And the ancient man found on iirc an Austrian mountain top, dated 7 thousandish years old I think if I recall, anyway he had strange tattoos on him, it was worked out that the man had artheritis and the tattoos indicated acupuncture points.

Yes ancient men were primative but imho nowhere near as clueless as many give them credit for, we have spent many centuries trying to figure out how the ancients did certain things, majority of the time there is a very simple, very practical yet oh so genius answer, that makes the modern man scratch his head and think "ah ofcourse, why didnt we think of that in the first place"

I assume the aliens left DNA behind in some form and ship parts etc?:D

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
why are there so many Holy Books on planet earth, and through our history there have been thousands?

They are all of people's interpretations of the same thing...

One sees a bird from the north, the other friend from the south, the next friend from the bottom, the last friend does not see the bird at all...

Now they will write texts on what they've seen.

The first friend writes "It was brown, it had a pointy end, and it flew somehow."

Second: "It was not pointy but it was brown and the end was kind of flat."

Third: "It was brown, and had a pointy AND a flat end. Infact it had three pointy ends."

Why are they so wildly different with the exceptions of certain golden rules in many like worship or burn?

It is what they observe from it... I believe the root of it all was sun worship, moon worship, all of that nature that people did not have modern aged science to understand it, and they spoke legends of the Sun and all... The best example of this is in Greek Mythology when the Sun Chariot came close to earth and burned everything alive, and in the Bible there was the Great Flood.... The Greeks never said ANYTHING "at least in the original texts" about it starting fire, because they didn't have fire yet, they get it later from a man asking Zeus from it, which I will use as another example...

The Sun CAN and WILL get very hot gradually and it will cause floods around ice caps, causing massive waves in the ocean and such... I wouldn't be surprised if there was a flood after a very hot day, and the ancients overreacting to it.

Another example is a man asking Zeus for fire, and lighting zapped, starting a fire... Something like that, I forgot the full story... But it is just so clear that it is nature origins, isn't it?

Anyway, to my point, people will interpret things on their own. I would interpret a blue bouncy ball as bouncy then again someone who has experienced a much bouncier ball would claim it is not bouncy. Etc.

Why is the nature of an eternal God/gods so inconsistant based on geographical location and point in history?

Well, the Western prophets were over in the West... Eastern over in the East.... I see at least some type of pattern going on there.

And what do you feel Gods message to the World in book form has done to clarify matters?

Tbh, I shouldn't be answering to this Topic because I don't believe God has a message, it is more like an animal that does not know of us, only knows we exist, and is studying us... It is an omnipresent creature that studies us, it wouldn't speak our language.

The only message it gives is the feeling from Meditation (or from at least my experience with meditation).

There is no book form.

It has done nothing to clarify matters.

Though I think some philosophers (especially Eastern and Greek) are right on and I agree with most of them.

In the case of those who view their book as the only word of God, if God/Gods did send a message in book form, how could any mere human write one that could compete with it?

The human imagination is amazingly expressively delicious. Creativeness of us shows that we are independent enough to live without God.

If you open your mind, think a little, you will find out that you are creative, or how easy it is to make something up.

Right now I have just made up, in my head: "Jalo 1:23 - And the One who rests on the Great Cloud each morning is the One who keeps the Sun risen and the seas fallen. None, without HIM can survive. After we die, for we are not as clean, powerful, and yet as empty as HIM, the all powerful, all merciful being of Love on the Great Cloud, will all burn in eternal punishment, only One, and only One will live on the Great Cloud, and it is HIM, the One, our Master of the skies and energy; our Great GOD - Gokh!"

God, named Gokh, is a male who sits on a big cloud every day, controls all from the Sun (which appears to be on earth in the sky) and the waters of the earth. He is the greatest being of all time, and we are not worthy of it, thus we all go to Hell after we die... Like the opposite of Universalism (not UU).

I could write a holy book like that, just talk about how powerful God is and how strange the Earth is.

CaptainBritain

Again: Therefore?

Well a Human creation comes from a human mind, I dont deny that, infact im supporting what you are not saying old son.
as you say books are Human inventions, agree one hundred percent, which is where I struggle to see the divine nature of said form of message.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Well a Human creation comes from a human mind, I dont deny that, infact im supporting what you are not saying old son.
as you say books are Human inventions, agree one hundred percent, which is where I struggle to see the divine nature of said form of message.
Yet again: Therefore? Do you think this debunks religion? ... theism? ... or are you simple deriving juvenile pleasure out of ridiculing belief systems?

CaptainBritain

Yet again: Therefore? Do you think this debunks religion? ... theism? ... or are you simple deriving juvenile pleasure out of ridiculing belief systems?

Starting a conversation about the medium of books my fragile egg, if an idea is valid it will withstand scrutiny, if its not it will not, why are your knickers in a bunch?

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Talking about books my fragile egg, if an idea is valid it will withstand scrutiny, why are your knickers in a bunch?
You seek to denigrate religions but choose not to do so openly and then whine about some imagined fragility. In fact, my knickers are fine, which is far more than one can say about your intentions. But carry on ... :)

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Meaning you don't take the strictly rationalist approach which allows for the possibility of the existence of a god?

It is possible, but unicorns on the moon are possible too...

If I write a holy book about unicorns on the moon, and then later it is proven that man written it, and the idea that unicorns on the moon are real originated from that text, or the author of that text, and the text is probably not the best way to look at it, doesn't that mean we can be sure that the unicorns on the moon are a myth?

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
It is possible, but unicorns on the moon are possible too...

No they're not. There's no air for them to breath.

If I write a holy book about unicorns on the moon, and then later it is proven that man written it, and the idea that unicorns on the moon are real originated from that text, or the author of that text, and the text is probably not the best way to look at it, doesn't that mean we can be sure that the unicorns on the moon are a myth?

If something logically cannot exist, then there's no doubt. The idea of any sort of Supreme Being, creator or not, still around or not, isn't logically impossible; it's improbable. The wises of Sages have frequently repeated that God cannot be known by intellect, and many have still said that Scriptures don't paint actual portraits of God, but rather just how he/she/its been perceived.