• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOD'S JOKE??? 2 heads

kerravon

Anti-subjugator
Brazilian Baby Born With Two Heads

why does god give someone 2 heads??
Bearing in mind that in the computer simulation model, it's possible that everything is being faked, I believe that apparent tragedies like this are designed to get a reaction out of us. I believe it should encourage the spread of atheism, as it is ostensibly not possible for there to be a just god. I believe it should encourage us to turn to the scientific method to find solutions to problems such as this. And I believe it should encourage us to fight against political correctness and implement mercy killings. It is in fact us that are allowing that baby to mature, not any god. Shame on us.

I believe we should be fighting against the seemingly unjust god.

espo35

Bearing in mind that in the computer simulation model, it's possible that everything is being faked, I believe that apparent tragedies like this are designed to get a reaction out of us. I believe it should encourage the spread of atheism, as it is ostensibly not possible for there to be a just god. I believe it should encourage us to turn to the scientific method to find solutions to problems such as this. And I believe it should encourage us to fight against political correctness and implement mercy killings. It is in fact us that are allowing that baby to mature, not any god. Shame on us.

I believe we should be fighting against the seemingly unjust god.

You make it sound as if life is a video-game, with God at the controls.

kerravon

Anti-subjugator
You make it sound as if life is a video-game, with God at the controls.
I believe that's roughly what it is. We seem to have some options open to us though. Let's use them? Beat god at his own game?

Let's put it this way - if you had the computer technology to create any sort of computer simulation you wanted, and were even able to insert yourself into it, because your brain is implemented on silicon also, what sort of simulation would you set up? What would the rules of the game be?

rusra02

Premium Member

God didn't give someone 2 heads. The twins were conjoined in the womb. Birth defects and other defects are the sad results of the sin of our first parents. God told Adam that he would positively die for his rebellion and so he did. And like a damaged vessel, Adam could not produce offspring untainted by his own death-dealing state. Rather, Adam passed on through inheritance this evil legacy of sin and death. (Romans 5:12) The terrible consequences include all the ailments and genetic mutations that we experience today. That is why babies get sick and die, and eventually we all succumb to death. Unless God did something to change that, we would all live and die without hope. (Romans 8:20-22)

Trimijopulos

Hard-core atheist
Premium Member
God told Adam that he would positively die for his rebellion and so he did. And like a damaged vessel, Adam could not produce offspring untainted by his own death-dealing state. Rather, Adam passed on through inheritance this evil legacy of sin and death. (Romans 5:12)
The Adam – Eve story is an addition that cannot be taken seriously.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him: male and female created he them.(Gen. 1:27)

Looks like he first wrote to the Romans and then studied the OT!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Someone is born with a birth deformity that will likely affect them for the rest of their lives (assuming they live long enough anyway), and the thread title is calling it a "joke"?

Where is this forum going?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I wanted to make a joke but I don't want to kill the interesting discussion, so I'll be serious.

@ The OP: Same reason for the belly button :D

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Someone is born with a birth deformity that will likely affect them for the rest of their lives (assuming they live long enough anyway), and the thread title is calling it a "joke"?

Where is this forum going?

I think he meant God's little prank or something, because that's a reasonable guess as is all guesses to the answer of this question.

rusra02

Premium Member
The Adam – Eve story is an addition that cannot be taken seriously.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him: male and female created he them.(Gen. 1:27)

Looks like he first wrote to the Romans and then studied the OT!

Jesus Christ took the account of Adam and Eve as true history. So did other Bible writers. Luke chapter 3 contains a geneology from Jesus back to Adam.
There is no basis in fact to conclude the account in Genesis is other than reliable history.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Jesus Christ took the account of Adam and Eve as true history. So did other Bible writers. Luke chapter 3 contains a geneology from Jesus back to Adam.
There is no basis in fact to conclude the account in Genesis is other than reliable history.
Except that there is nothing to support it other than empty claims like "There is no basis in fact to conclude the account in Genesis is other than reliable history".

Which are supported by nothing more than other empty claims like "Jesus Christ took the account of Adam and Eve as true history" and "So did other Bible writers".

Trimijopulos

Hard-core atheist
Premium Member
I regret it but I cannot agree with you. In myths, legends and traditions the stories that are reliable are those known from more than at least two sources. The story of Adam and his rib is a unique story and for that reason is just a fairy tale, while the making of people naturally, male and female, is found on almost every tradition.

Traditions are based on true events but none can be regarded as “reliable history”.
As for Jesus Christ, we only know four original words of his. I, for my self, I do not trust the translation into Greek. The gospel ought to be in Hebrew.

BIG D

God didn't give someone 2 heads. The twins were conjoined in the womb. Birth defects and other defects are the sad results of the sin of our first parents. God told Adam that he would positively die for his rebellion and so he did. And like a damaged vessel, Adam could not produce offspring untainted by his own death-dealing state. Rather, Adam passed on through inheritance this evil legacy of sin and death. (Romans 5:12) The terrible consequences include all the ailments and genetic mutations that we experience today. That is why babies get sick and die, and eventually we all succumb to death. Unless God did something to change that, we would all live and die without hope. (Romans 8:20-22)
TY for a reasonable reply.....unlike others.....maybe I should have put this in the evolution area, but I believe this is a mutation..obviously you don't....it seems to me it is 'unfair' to many who are born with defects...they have an 'extra' burden mentally, physically, and spiritually, no??what are your thoughts??ty

chinu

chinu

Why does god give one body to two persons, or two minds, or two souls. :)
Well.. it can also be said like this.

In thier previous birth these two "Minds" leaved their body (Means died) in a great love with each others. During their whole life time they eated together, they sleept together, they went school together, they went college together, even they married each other.

Well.. the love was so.. great among them, that they spended each and every movement of their life (Previous birth) together.

Now in this birth "God" has solved their problem like this. :)

"Where there is desire, there is birth"

Now what can god do if their desire was this ? :shrug:
And now in this birth they will learn a lesson like this.:(

Last edited: