• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods are Many, Source is One

I am Verry Sure Shiva Real, not a story, also Rama is Also Real Not Story, Krishna is Also Real Not Story, If u Agree with this then There are many Gods

danieldemol

Premium Member
Oh, that's always fun :facepalm:

Thank you for the link, but there are always more details to these things than told in one newspaper article.

1. I agree that Hindutva are not as bad as the Taliban.
2. Having said that I have not heard any other side or version of the story in the link, but I'm not inherently cynical towards the Hindutva.

If you are worried that this is not the right place to discuss it because of surrounding contention, I'll agree not to post anything you internal message me here if you prefer to discuss it privately.

Hinduism is the Only Religion Which Give Choices to its Followers to Follow Different Sampratayas according to their wish. Hinduism Has One God Concept, Has May God Concept, No God Concept , Everything is God Concept , Advaitha , Dwaitha . Like this it Has So Many Paths.
Many Gods Doesn't Means it is Bad, it Means u Can Choose ur own God, according to u r wish which is not in any other religion.

and it Believes Every Path Leads to the same Goal Liberation.

Many Gods is a Freedom Not Bondage.

Hinduism is the Only Religion Which Realizes that How Many People That Many Paths. nothing is greater or Lesser if it Can Lead u to Liberation.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I have never met any. Still I believe you as I've heard others say the same thing. But just when and where was this? Did they threaten you, or were you just observing some protest?

Lots of Indians in certain parts where I live, a lot in the medical field where my sister works as well.

They often express great hatred towards Christians or Muslims and often assert superiority of religion(and race) into the mix.

They literally look down on Western culture as "primitive" and our Christian faith along with all others are deemed inferior as well.

This is not Hinduism though. This just comes from the attacks Christian and and Muslims make against Hinduism so it is a natural response.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Hinduism is the Only Religion Which Give Choices to its Followers to Follow Different Sampratayas according to their wish.

What is a Samprataya?

Hinduism Has One God Concept, Has May God Concept, No God Concept , Everything is God Concept , Advaitha , Dwaitha . Like this it Has So Many Paths.
Many Gods Doesn't Means it is Bad, it Means u Can Choose ur own God, according to u r wish which is not in any other religion.

Is this really correct? For example could a person believe in no God and follow Sai Baba, or follow one God and be a Shaiva? Could one follow many Gods and be a part of Ishwar ek Hai? Or is it simply the case that there are different Hinduisms, and you have to follow the beliefs of the particular group, which is perhaps not particularly different from there being many religions in the world which individuals are free to follow?

...and it Believes Every Path Leads to the same Goal Liberation.
Is this because the Shaivas believe that after enough re-incarnations the Ishwar ek hai will eventually come to realize that there are many gods and attain enlightenment, or because the Ishwar ek hai believe that after enough re-incarnations the Shaivas will become enlightened enough to realize God is one?

Is transcendental monotheism possible in Hinduism?

Hinduism is the Only Religion Which Realizes that How Many People That Many Paths. nothing is greater or Lesser if it Can Lead u to Liberation.

That is a liberal approach, for example Rumi stated, "there are as many ways to God as there are men". Is it not possible to take a liberal approach from within any religious path (including outside of Hinduism)?

Is it even true that there is a God, or many gods, or no god?

I would argue that although human freedom is important, it is not necessary to believe that all god concepts lead to salvation to grant that freedom.

How many soul concepts do you have in Hinduism?

Does a person who believes in no god an no soul even want salvation that occurs outside of plentiful wealth in the current life?

Do you also believe that all soul concepts lead to salvation?

Lots of Indians in certain parts where I live, a lot in the medical field where my sister works as well.

They often express great hatred towards Christians or Muslims and often assert superiority of religion(and race) into the mix.

They literally look down on Western culture as "primitive" and our Christian faith along with all others are deemed inferior as well.

This is not Hinduism though. This just comes from the attacks Christian and and Muslims make against Hinduism so it is a natural response.

yes it is a fact that western Culture is "Premitive" Their Thought is about Matter not Consciousness. Hinduism's Main Thought trend is around Consciousness, not Matter. Western Culture Neglect Consciousness. Even Hinduism is Such An Evolved Religion , Our Rishis and Masters has Done Research on So many Aspects of Consciousness. and Has The Greatest Knowledge about Life and Death.

Hinduism is not a religion of Do's and Dont's.

It is a Religion of Consciousness.

In Fact A Religion With Only Do's and Dont's Cannot Be Considered as Religion, it is Just a set of Dead Rules, no Consciousness.

Hinduism is a Live Religion Which is Spontaneous.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
yes it is a fact that western Culture is "Premitive" Their Thought is about Matter not Consciousness.

That's not what "primitive" means.

Western culture may be many things, but it's not "primitive", at least no more or less so than any other civilization.

Fact is that there are just as many Westerners as fascinated with consciousness as Hindus.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
yes it is a fact that western Culture is "Premitive" Their Thought is about Matter not Consciousness. Hinduism's Main Thought trend is around Consciousness, not Matter.
There is no mind without form, and there is no form without mind. But mind is not form and form is not mind. The underlying unity is known by many names,..God, Tao, Brahman, Nirvana, Allah, etc..

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Indeed, in all religions, the followers aren't always expressing the tenets of said religion. It's important to separate the two. I've always held that fundamentalists of all faiths have more in common than liberal or conservative of the same faith.

Then again, expressing disdain is different than acting on it.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Samprataya is a Tradition, in Hinduism there Many Spiritual Traditions Each Tradition is Started by an Enlightened Master or an Incarnation. Later They are only called as Gods.

Rarely are the sampradaya founders called Gods. Please give an example.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम

Hmm, maybe he means certain Vaishnava Sampradayas? Like Sri Sampradaya, Brahma Sampradaya, Rudra Sampradaya...unless I am mistaken, of course.

Shiva is founder of So Many Sampradayas . Nadha Sampradaya, Agori Sampradaya , Yoga Sampradaya , Siva Sampradaya , Nandinatha Sampradaya , tantra Tradition,

Bagavan SwamiNarayan,

Devi Saktha Samprataya