• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God vs. Satan

samosasauce

How come every time someone has the ability to do something either extremely cool, very good, or strange it's because of Satan? What makes it so amazing things done by people aren't the choice of God?

ZooGirl02

Most times it's just a way to gain popularity. Very few people are going to follow a musician that sold his soul to Jesus.

I'm not sure what you mean by selling your soul to Jesus but there are a lot of popular Christian musicians out there. Of course their fans are primarily Christians but anyway.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I'm not sure what you mean by selling your soul to Jesus but there are a lot of popular Christian musicians out there. Of course their fans are primarily Christians but anyway.

The musician that sold their soul to the Devil is a typical trope. It means the musician has "wicked" skills.

A musician whose soul belongs to Jesus is just a Christian with a guitar.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
How come every time someone has the ability to do something either extremely cool, very good, or strange it's because of Satan? What makes it so amazing things done by people aren't the choice of God?

Peace be on you.

Philosophy of doing good or bad:

Quote:
" Virtue and Vice

In order to understand the being and nature of the Satan one should know that there are two faculties that God has granted to the human beings; both these qualities are contrary to each other. And it is so because God would like to test the human beings as to how they would fare for his communion. One of these two faculties is that of virtue and it pulls the man towards religious deeds. The other faculty is the one that invites him to evil deeds. The faculty that draws the man towards virtue is called the Angel and the other one that calls him to evil is known as the Satan. In other words it can be said that there are two faculties working in conjunction with man. One calls him towards virtuous deeds and the other calls him towards evil deeds. Anyone who does not like the words the Angel and the Satan may try to understand this situation by thinking of two faculties - Virtuous and evil. This, nobody can deny.
God has never willed anything that can be called bad. Whatever He does is all good and nothing but good.

Behold! if there had been nothing like evil in the world, the virtue also would not have existed. Virtue is known by its comparison with evil just as evil is known by its comparison with virtue. For instance, if somebody has the opportunity to commit adultery and at the same time has the power to perpetrate this deed, yet he shuns it, we would call this act of his (to avoid adultery in these circumstances) an act of virtue. If somebody has the opportunity to steal or to do injustice and he is in a position to do these things yet he keeps away from these things he does an act of virtue.

Let it be understood well that to have the opportunity of committing sin and yet avoiding it is virtue and that is what deserves good reward."

Source: Explanation by Ahmadiyya Promised Messiah (on whom be peace).

Last edited:

ZooGirl02

The musician that sold their soul to the Devil is a typical trope. It means the musician has "wicked" skills.

A musician whose soul belongs to Jesus is just a Christian with a guitar.

Oh okay. I understand. But wouldn't a musician who "sold their soul to Jesus" be a Christian with a guitar (or other musical instrument) that only does religious songs? After all, I'm sure there are Christian musicians whose music is not explicitly religious.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I understand the question. It does not happen every time.

Whenever I have a good argument that is able to tear down someone's treasured belief it is satan doing it according to them. I have even been told so by someone. It seems only people trusting The Bible believe anything other than what's in it is satanic. People said Jesus' awesomeness was due to satan. So whenever they say I am or treat me as though I am I am able to find relief in the fact they did the same thing to Jesus my Lord.

They miss out on the wonderful living God when they tend toward calling everything they do not know and/or understand SATAN.

ZooGirl02

I understand the question. It does not happen every time.

Whenever I have a good argument that is able to tear down someone's treasured belief it is satan doing it according to them. I have even been told so by someone. It seems only people trusting The Bible believe anything other than what's in it is satanic. People said Jesus' awesomeness was due to satan. So whenever they say I am or treat me as though I am I am able to find relief in the fact they did the same thing to Jesus my Lord.

They miss out on the wonderful living God when they tend toward calling everything they do not know and/or understand SATAN.

Perhaps they think that Satan is misleading you into misleading them? I am not saying they think you are doing this intentionally. They just think that you are unintentionally mislead and therefore you are successfully misleading them. I hope this doesn't come across as offensive because I certainly don't mean it that way. :)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Perhaps they think that Satan is misleading you into misleading them? I am not saying they think you are doing this intentionally. They just think that you are unintentionally mislead and therefore you are successfully misleading them. I hope this doesn't come across as offensive because I certainly don't mean it that way. :)

I am not successful. Yes they think I am being misled by Satan to mislead them. Correct. Is it possible? Is it possible I am for satan instead of for Jesus Christ? I think a person cannot be for both. I am sure I am for Jesus Christ. They are sure Jesus Christ is for them. I am not sure Jesus Christ is for what I am. How are they sure Jesus Christ is for who they are?

edwinic

I am not successful. Yes they think I am being misled by Satan to mislead them. Correct. Is it possible? Is it possible I am for satan instead of for Jesus Christ? I think a person cannot be for both. I am sure I am for Jesus Christ. They are sure Jesus Christ is for them. I am not sure Jesus Christ is for what I am. How are they sure Jesus Christ is for who they are?

Maybe, just maybe, Satan is Jesus or vice versa? Like, in the past, eating shrimp is not a virtue and it is not now. Or rock and roll is the work of devil while there are rock bands for Jesus performing in churches. Or hitting a slave so he would not die is good, its not good now. Or maybe I dont get it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe, just maybe, Satan is Jesus or vice versa? Like, in the past, eating shrimp is not a virtue and it is not now. Or rock and roll is the work of devil while there are rock bands for Jesus performing in churches. Or hitting a slave so he would not die is good, its not good now. Or maybe I dont get it?

The Satan I know wants to be worshipped. He said to Jesus "worship me". Jesus is worshipped but he did not want it. He said right before they killed him "Father if it is your will take this cup away from me but not my will but yours be done".

They are not same. They never have been the same.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
The Satan I know wants to be worshipped. He said to Jesus "worship me". Jesus is worshipped but he did not want it. He said right before they killed him "Father if it is your will take this cup away from me but not my will but yours be done".

They are not same. They never have been the same.

And yet, the whole concept of Christianity is based in debts being paid, yet still requiring worship to avoid oblivion or worse.

Something doesn't add up there.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And yet, the whole concept of Christianity is based in debts being paid, yet still requiring worship to avoid oblivion or worse.

Please tell me why you think "requiring worship to avoid oblivion" has anything to do with God's will. Whose concept of Christianity? Christs? Or all the people saying "lord! lord!"? Or yours? It is not mine.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Please tell me why you think "requiring worship to avoid oblivion" has anything to do with God's will. Whose concept of Christianity? Christs? Or all the people saying "lord! lord!"? Or yours? It is not mine.
So Christianity is irrelevant and you posit universal reconciliation?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My God does not "require worship".

Matthew 5:45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So Christianity is irrelevant and you posit universal reconciliation?

I canot say publicly on forum what I think of Christianity. The son of God Yeshua is not irrelevant. And yes I presuppose universal reconciliation but my hope does not have a name. Peace cannot happen with out Yehoshua Messiah (Jesus Christ).

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Matthew 5:9

There is no peace in lies. How can there be? Illusions are modern day idols.

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!

Because they are misinformed about the "gifts of the spirit".
1 Corinthians 12 - Concerning Spiritual Gifts - Now about - Bible Gateway

Not necessarily true. Although Christianity has definitely evolved to this in my opinion. The original concept was based more on the "moral influence" theory. Jesus' life and positive actions towards others were to be followed. While his sacrifice was seen as gift to humanity. It wasn't necessarily to redeem debts, it was to demonstrate an attitude of love toward humanity. Christianity has kind of evolved into this atonement and worship type religion, but it wasn't necessarily that way in the beginning.

I canot say publicly on forum what I think of Christianity. The son of God Yeshua is not irrelevant. And yes I presuppose universal reconciliation but my hope does not have a name. Peace cannot happen with out Yehoshua Messiah (Jesus Christ).

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Matthew 5:9

There is no peace in lies. How can there be? Illusions are modern day idols.

Aw, c'mon. This is a very open public forum expressly created to discuss ones views on religion. As long as you don't break any of the forum rules, you should always feel comfortable expressing your view on a religion, especially in the general debate forum.

I like peace. :D