• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God, undefined:

Tonymai

Lonesome Religionist
God can only be experienced by those who are interested in religion regardless the denominations. God is spirit a fragment of whom lives within each man. This truth is the basis for man's religious urges (theists, or non-theists). Intelligent men under spiritual influence can not help to put part of their attention on religion (or spiritual matters).

Animals have no such spiritual urge because God does not live in animals.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Greetings within this Friday morning gentle folk,

Paul/Saul gave to the Greeks his interpretation of their unnamed God.
Swampy offers for consideration that God, as is, simply is and other than that, is undefined within the concepts of our mental constructions.

Do not religions attempt to package God within parameters of what God must be and cannot be? This endeavor to paint God with the mind includes the desires and the dismays of God, according to the minds of those who would present portraits of God. Can any person(s), with any accuracy, partially, much less fully, define God?

When definitions clash between people as to their interpretation of God, do they not often result in antagonism? Is this the God that one serves, or is this the individual serving one's own determination and thus one's own ego?

Just some boggy rambling before the weekend. As always, my best, and....

dance a bunch !!! :danana:

swampy

Unless of course god reveals himself to us. I have a feeling that you're probably right though :D

best, Westy

Unless of course god reveals himself to us. I have a feeling that you're probably right though :D

best, Westy
Hi Westy,

Is God all inclusive? If not, where did the rest come from?

Not sure I have any idea what I'm talking about :sorry1::shrug:;):facepalm:

best,
swampy

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Hi Westy,

Is God all inclusive? If not, where did the rest come from?

Not sure I have any idea what I'm talking about :sorry1::shrug:;):facepalm:

best,
swampy

I'm also drunk atm. Not going to help things much :p God is ominiscient and omnipresen so I guess he;s inclusive aswelll

Westy

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
But approaching a concept of God, is not the same as being approached
BY God.

And this will happen at some point.
You are not your own handiwork.
And someday, Someone will come around to see what came of the dust.

The only way to avoid this, is to simple not stand up when you die.
Follow your body into the grave, and eternal darkness.

In the meantime, say of God whatever you will....
and be prepared to meet your expectations.

I think you completely misunderstood me :confused:

Walkntune

Greetings within this Friday morning gentle folk,

Paul/Saul gave to the Greeks his interpretation of their unnamed God.
Swampy offers for consideration that God, as is, simply is and other than that, is undefined within the concepts of our mental constructions.

Do not religions attempt to package God within parameters of what God must be and cannot be? This endeavor to paint God with the mind includes the desires and the dismays of God, according to the minds of those who would present portraits of God. Can any person(s), with any accuracy, partially, much less fully, define God?

When definitions clash between people as to their interpretation of God, do they not often result in antagonism? Is this the God that one serves, or is this the individual serving one's own determination and thus one's own ego?

Just some boggy rambling before the weekend. As always, my best, and....

dance a bunch !!! :danana:

swampy
God does not fit within the realm of definition.Thats just man trying to control or should I say serving ones own ego?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think you completely misunderstood me :confused:

And in what manner?

You either possess thoughts and thinking about God....or not.

You can do so in the positive or the negative...as you please.
But in so doing...terms....are applied....conceived.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
And in what manner?

You either possess thoughts and thinking about God....or not.

You can do so in the positive or the negative...as you please.
But in so doing...terms....are applied....conceived.

I wasnt referring to thinking about God, but the fact that what the concept of "God" points to, is something beyond the concept of "God."