• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God spoke “Behold I will stand there before thee, upon the rock Horeb”

Shermana

Heretic
It is making God a physical being, in my opinion.

I think so too.

I believe the ancient understanding was in fact that God had a body and could manifest directly in Physical form, that the "likeness" man is made in was 100% literal physical likeness, and the language describing his being and body were in fact literal, and only much later on in Rabbinical thought did this change.

This "Thickening" that Levite speaks of I agree with to a certain point, that it's about materializing in a physical form even though his being permeats the entire world through his spirit.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I think so too.

I believe the ancient understanding was in fact that God had a body and could manifest directly in Physical form, that the "likeness" man is made in was 100% literal physical likeness, and the language describing his being and body were in fact literal, and only much later on in Rabbinical thought did this change.

This "Thickening" that Levite speaks of I agree with to a certain point, that it's about materializing in a physical form even though his being permeats the entire world through his spirit.

This "thickening" is through an angel; not all by Himself ;one true God has no spirit; all spirits are His creation; He is everywhere with his attributes not with body or spirit.

Shermana

Heretic
This "thickening" is through an angel; not all by Himself ;one true God has no spirit; all spirits are His creation; He is everywhere with his attributes not with body or spirit.

The text specifically says He has a Spirit, so are you discussing from a Scriptural perspective or not? Perhaps I misunderstand what you mean. What do you mean that the "Thickening is through an Angel"?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The one true God is attributive; He converses with the human beings through Word revealed,visions and dreams; it is narrators and the scribes mishandling the phenomenon. There is no "thickening" of the one true God, in my opinion.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
One could find truth behind the story tellers, erring narrators and the wrong doing scribes, in my opinion.