• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God or Super Consciousness

Andraste

Can you explain why a god needs to be a cosmic entity? Only a couple of the gods I worship on any regular basis are cosmic entities - Sun Spirit and Moon Spirit. With respect to Sun Spirit, I'm pretty sure the gravity well that Sun creates is the same for all peoples (human or otherwise) all the time all over the planet... but I'd defer to the astronomical and geological experts on that one. Same deal with the influence Moon Spirit has on our planet - it's the same for everyone on our planet, though different at different times (tides and all, yeah?). The other gods I worship aren't cosmic entities, so it doesn't make sense to apply this criteria to them.

None of the gods I worship would be accurately described as "super consciousness," no. In fact, that word "consciousness" is one that I generally refuse to touch with a ten foot pole, much less putting "super" in front of it which just exacerbates it's vacuous buzzword feel to me.

All of my gods are natural and neutral already. They don't need to be some "super consciousness" whatever for that.

Oh. You've been wanting to discuss the one-god of the Abrahamic religions. And by "theists" before you really meant "classical monotheists." My bad. Feel free to ignore everything I've just written, I guess.

Well I was trying to think out side of the box ..... I was trying to pursue a (God) more like a natural force ... Possibly the collective intelligence of the multiverse past present and future....

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Nothing Muhammad did was noble ... He and his band of cut throats drew first Blood... He terrorised Medina raided and looted caravans... Thighed a 6 year old girl and raped her when she was 9 .... He was nothing more than a criminal gangster... A Phycotic mass murdering Peadophile.... The legacy of his Evil still drips down from the past to the present...

Nothing at all?

Andraste

Nothing at all?

Like Having an old woman ripped to bits by camels... Having 800 Jewish men executed after they surrendered...
(Battle of the Trench) had their wives and daughters Raped by his Army.. The list of his atrocities and perversions goes on .... Remember the winners write the History..... This is all from authentic Hadiths..... So with that in mind he must have been a lot worse than that ...

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Like Having an old woman ripped to bits by camels... Having 800 Jewish men executed after they surrendered...
(Battle of the Trench) had their wives and daughters Raped by his Army.. The list of his atrocities and perversions goes on .... Remember the winners write the History..... This is all from authentic Hadiths..... So with that in mind he must have been a lot worse than that ...

So you choose to ignore all the Ahaadeeth which suggest he did have some redeeming qualities?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

1= Peace be on humanity.

2= You seems to be having read books which spread wide miss-understandings about real Islam. All such common-to-all Prophets allegation [check what not was alleged about Moses, Jesus and others too] have been debated in RF.

3=Kindly get proper answers @ http://www.muhammadfactcheck.org/

about a lot of allegations.

Myth #1: Prophet Muhammad murdered 700 innocent Jews

Myth #2: Prophet Muhammad permitted Muslims to lie (Taqiyya) to spread Islam

Myth #3: Prophet Muhammad married Ayesha when she was underage

Myth #4: Prophet Muhammad taught terrorism and Jihad to conquer the world for Islam

Myth #5: Prophet Muhammad taught death for apostasy and blasphemy

Myth #6: Prophet Muhammad Launched Raids on Innocent Merchants

Myth #7: Muhammad initially permitted idol worship

Myth #8: Muhammad demanded slaughter of the pluralistic Meccans

Myth #9: Muhammad Rejected Meccan Efforts to Establish Peace

Myth #10: Muhammad Left Mecca Because He Lost Abu Talib’s Protection

Myth #11: Muhammad Connived Zainab and Zaid To Divorce

Myth #12: Muhammad Terrorized People to Accept Islam

Myth #13: Muhammad Violated The Chivalrous Arab War Code

Myth #14: Muhammad Actively Massacred the Quraishi Army POW’s at Badr

Myth #15: Muhammad Ordered Murder of Eight Men for Apostasy

Myth #24: Islam as taught by Muhammad is Anti-Semitic

Myth #27: Muhammad taught that Islam Endorses Concubines

Myth #35: Islam, as taught by Muhammad and Democracy are Incompatible

www DOTmuhammadfactcheckDOTorg/

4=Thanks if applicable.

Last edited:

Andraste

1= Peace be on humanity.

2= You seems to be having read books which spread wide miss-understandings about real Islam. All such common-to-all Prophets allegation [check what not was alleged about Moses, Jesus and others too] have been debated in RF.

3=Kindly get proper answers @ http://www.muhammadfactcheck.org/

about a lot of allegations.

Myth #1: Prophet Muhammad murdered 700 innocent Jews

Myth #2: Prophet Muhammad permitted Muslims to lie (Taqiyya) to spread Islam

Myth #3: Prophet Muhammad married Ayesha when she was underage

Myth #4: Prophet Muhammad taught terrorism and Jihad to conquer the world for Islam

Myth #5: Prophet Muhammad taught death for apostasy and blasphemy

Myth #6: Prophet Muhammad Launched Raids on Innocent Merchants

Myth #7: Muhammad initially permitted idol worship

Myth #8: Muhammad demanded slaughter of the pluralistic Meccans

Myth #9: Muhammad Rejected Meccan Efforts to Establish Peace

Myth #10: Muhammad Left Mecca Because He Lost Abu Talib’s Protection

Myth #11: Muhammad Connived Zainab and Zaid To Divorce

Myth #12: Muhammad Terrorized People to Accept Islam

Myth #13: Muhammad Violated The Chivalrous Arab War Code

Myth #14: Muhammad Actively Massacred the Quraishi Army POW’s at Badr

Myth #15: Muhammad Ordered Murder of Eight Men for Apostasy

Myth #24: Islam as taught by Muhammad is Anti-Semitic

Myth #27: Muhammad taught that Islam Endorses Concubines

Myth #35: Islam, as taught by Muhammad and Democracy are Incompatible

www DOTmuhammadfactcheckDOTorg/

4=Thanks if applicable.

I couldn't disagree more .... He was simply a mass murdering Phycotic Peadophile......

JoStories

Peace be on you.
Yes this God is for all people.
[Quran chapter 1 , verse 2] = All praise to Allah, Lord of all worlds / peoples.

Allah is being (not physical) with all noble attributes including perfect super consciousness.

God is gender-less, beyond worldly 3 dimension nature.

Allah is of all peoples.

Quran
[1:2] All praise to Allah, Lord of all worlds / peoples.
[35:25] And there is no people to whom a Warner has not been sent.
[13:8] And there is a guide for every people.

According to a tradition 124000 Prophets were sent to people.
I disagree. God, or Allah, as you call God, would only be God if one were to follow Islam and that requires a great deal of topics that I personally find not to my liking. IMO, God is something I like to call God of the Fifth Mountain, a phrase I have borrowed from Paulo Coehlo. IOW, God can be Allah to you and Kali to the Hindu or Jesus to the Christian and so on. Accordingly, each type of faith approaches that concept very differently and there is nothing wrong with that. It just reflects cultural and racial differences as well as different sacred texts, or even the absence of a text in some cases.

JoStories

But the Quran distinctly promotes it's self as of a pure divine origin..
(Clearly this is untrue) reference to the amount of Errors and fiction in it .... And you have to also consider the state of mind of the Original Author....
You seem to be targeting the Quran only. Why is that? The same premise you are speaking of could easily be applied to the Bible, the Tanakh and Talmud, the Teachings of The Buddha and so on. Why the focus on the one book?

JoStories

I couldn't disagree more .... He was simply a mass murdering Phycotic Peadophile......
And you know this.... how exactly? You are inferring from what can only be seen as a possible history of this man. We don't know for certain that any of what you say is true, anymore than we can know that Jesus was divine and walked on water or that The Buddha sat under the Bodhi tree. You are clearly demonstrating a very disturbing hatred for one religion which, IMO, borders on prejudice and bigotry.

Andraste

And you know this.... how exactly? You are inferring from what can only be seen as a possible history of this man. We don't know for certain that any of what you say is true, anymore than we can know that Jesus was divine and walked on water or that The Buddha sat under the Bodhi tree. You are clearly demonstrating a very disturbing hatred for one religion which, IMO, borders on prejudice and bigotry.

I'm wondering if you have ever read that Terrorist manual aka the Quran or ever bothered to read the Hadiths... One thing is clear.... Islam isn't a religion it's a Cult of Muhammad' ... Or do you normally go around trying to defend known Peadophiles ...?

JoStories

I'm wondering if you have ever read that Terrorist manual aka the Quran or ever bothered to read the Hadiths... One thing is clear.... Islam isn't a religion it's a Cult of Muhammad' ... Or do you normally go around trying to defend known Peadophiles ...?
Actually, I have a PhD in theology and have read the Koran not only cover to cover, many times, but studied it indepth. I have a good deal of close colleagues who are Muslim and are some of the most peaceful people I know. Furthermore, they tend to require more of their children in terms of education than the lazy people in this country do, such as having to be able to speak at least two languages fluently. Much of the Tanakh could be argued to be seen as pedophilic as well. Take, for example, the story of Lot and his daughters, albeit that being more incest but given the age of the girls, it was also pedophilia. I will say that some blame the daughters in that story for getting Lot drunk. Additionally, polygamy is heavily promoted in the Tanakh. Whether Mohammed was a pedophile is a matter of debate but the one thing that is clear here is your overt bigotry. And that is not allowed, if I am not mistaken, by this forum.

Andraste

Good for you.... But you are still defending a known Peadophile....
Essentially Islam is a cult of Muhammad..... He clearly made up the Quran... And used his new found status of a prophet to get simple minded people to do exactly what HE wanted them to do .... His legacy of Evil drips down from the past into the present... Yes I'm sure that there are some excellent Muslims... They are called Apostates ..
By the way would you like to explain the punishment for Apostasy .....

Bird123

Ok ...... Let's assume for one second that Theists' are right and there is a God ......
Would not this Cosmic entity be for all peoples and for all time with exactly the same Rules and Laws .....,
Would this God be more accurately described as a super consciousness... Further wouldn't this Super Conscienceless be Natural and Neutral...
And it certainly wouldn't have a Cultural Bias ...... Wouldn't this (god) know about the whole world not just one tiny part of it
(Middle East) ...

Yes, you are getting there. Let's raise the intelligence factor of God just a bit. How about this?

Making rules and laws takes policing, then fairly judging and finally a punishment and reward system. Let's not forget deciding where to draw the line, making all those holy books and making sure everyone gets a copy. That does seem a lot of work with the diversity and sheer number of people not just here on Earth but throughout the universe. Isn't there a better way?

How about God making a system that runs itself, fixes everyone in time and all God has to do is love them all?

Let's think if we can come up with one. Allow everyone free choice. That way we choose what we need to learn through our choices. Next return all our actions back to us. What better way to learn what our choices mean than be on the receiving end? This will teach us to love as well because in time we will realize that is all we want to return. When one understands all sides, intelligence will make the right choices. Next, since learning can be slow, have many many lifetimes to learn.

With this system, diversity and interaction with others can be the teaching force. Since people tend not to act without a cause, adversity could be introduced to give direction to our lessons.

What would be the results of such a system? Everyone is the same. Everyone gets fixed. There is no bias or hate except that which the kiddies generate. Everything is fair. In the end we end up with wise loving children with very little work accomplishing it all.

A God capable of creating the universe has to be very smart. Perhaps, one needs to think higher and smarter as well. How about see how many smarter systems people can come up with than the current beliefs out there.