• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God & Lies

Jeremiah

Especially when someone who claims to be speaking "philosophy" absolutely refuses to define the terms they use...

Context?
Do you even know what the word means?

I am sorry I know it's frustrating. But we cow philosophers can't not reveal our secret code to just anyone. You'll have to go through the proper channels and get your decoder ring out of select boxes of Cracker Jacks.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
We listen to the same channel.

But can you apply this to God the Father?

Could you hypothetically? Maybe. But I wouldn't be the person to speak to that, because I'm functionally an atheist with respect to this god-concept. :shrug:

I can say, however, that the relationships I have with various gods/spirits wouldn't be diminished if I found out tomorrow that a certain assumption I made was incorrect. It depends, though. I don't view relationships with the gods as different from those with other people. It just depends.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Could you hypothetically? Maybe. But I wouldn't be the person to speak to that, because I'm functionally an atheist with respect to this god-concept. :shrug:

I can say, however, that the relationships I have with various gods/spirits wouldn't be diminished if I found out tomorrow that a certain assumption I made was incorrect. It depends, though. I don't view relationships with the gods as different from those with other people. It just depends.

In the scheme of superlatives.....I believe in Something Greater than myself.
I suspect I am not top of the line.

I also suspect there is life beyond this chemistry....and it is....
bigger, faster, stronger, more intelligent and greatly experienced......
coupled to the ability of creation.....God.

And someday 'IT' will come around to see what came up from the dust.

Call that Entity.....Father?

maybe

Jeremiah

As I see it, philosophy seeks not to define thetruth, so much as it seeks to define atruth that has meaning for the philosopher. AFAIW, for the philosopher, facts don't point to the truth, rather, truth creates meaning out of fact.

I keep watching you try and stuff existence into this tiny little box. You don't even seem to understand the basics of the philosophy of science and I have to think this has something to do with religious faith.

Maybe one can have a healthy relationship with God even if he is just your imagination. But you have shown me one can not have a healthy relationship with truth while clinging to lies.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I am sorry I know it's frustrating. But we cow philosophers can't not reveal our secret code to just anyone. You'll have to go through the proper channels and get your decoder ring out of select boxes of Cracker Jacks.
That seems most appropriate...
"cow philosophers"
I mean, with all the bull **** you been dishing...

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I keep watching you try and stuff existence into this tiny little box. You don't even seem to understand the basics of the philosophy of science and I have to think this has something to do with religious faith.

Maybe one can have a healthy relationship with God even if he is just your imagination. But you have shown me one can not have a healthy relationship with truth while clinging to lies.
My question for you is: Why are you attempting to stuff theology into a box of "philosophy of science?" :shrug:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I am not. Theology, for the most part, is unscientific. :shrug:
This:
Why do you think I would need a philosophy of science in order to discuss spirituality?