• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is not a man

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
So Sahih al-Bukhari is not a reliable source then?

"The Prophet used to stand by a stem of a date-palm tree (while delivering a sermon). When the pulpit was placed for him we heard that stem crying like a pregnant she-camel till the Prophet got down from the pulpit and placed his hand over it."

"The people became very thirsty on the day of Al-Hudaibiya (Treaty). A small pot containing some water was in front of the Prophet and when he had finished the ablution, the people rushed towards him. He asked, 'What is wrong with you?' They replied, 'We have no water either for performing ablution or for drinking except what is present in front of you.'
So he placed his hand in that pot and the water started flowing among his fingers like springs. We all drank and performed ablution (from it). I asked Jabir, 'How many were you?' he replied, 'Even if we had been one-hundred-thousand, it would have been sufficient for us, but we were fifteen-hundred'.

Your sayings are not supported by Islamic sources..

muhammad_isa

Your sayings are not fitting up with Islamic sources..
What sayings?
You are the one doing the saying..

Muhammad SAW, did not "perform" .. any miracle that happened was by permission of G-d.
In other words, it is G-d that "performs" miracles. The messengers/prophets were not "Superman".

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
What about Micha 1?

Hear, you peoples, all of you;
pay attention, O earth, and all that is in it,
and let the Lord God be a witness against you,
the Lord from his holy temple.
For behold, the Lord is coming out of his place,
and will come down and tread upon the high places of the earth.

And the mountains will melt under him,
and the valleys will split open,
like wax before the fire,
like waters poured down a steep place.
All this is for the transgression of Jacob
and for the sins of the house of Israel.

Anne1

You’ve said enough… or rather, you’ve said nothing, to show that you don’t know what you are talking about.

What you have done is to show your lack of ability to answer questions set to you and to not understand the fallacies that you present.

But I know that this is how you would answer already since all Trinitarians behave the same way no matter which of the false paths they take
- and you’re no different.

It’s quite simple: Jesus is not God, nor a God. Jesus is a man, consecrated by God, to preach the good news to the nations, and to die after living a sinless life but to take the sins of Adam with him to the grave in order to conquer death and sin.

Glory, Praise, and honour to God and His Christ…

But Worship is to God, ALONE: ‘Father…, this means eternal life, that they should come to know YOU, THE ONLY TRUE GOD…’

Anne1

Jesus fulfilled at least 100 prophecies in the Old Testament, said He was God, and proved it by rising from the dead.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
You seem to quote verses partly, why?
Simply to focus in on the point. People are encouraged to read not only the full verses, but the entire passages in which they find their context. But in my case, I was making one point, and quoted only what was necessary to document my point.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
What sayings?
You are the one doing the saying..
No, I am the one who is answering with quotations from Islamic sources.

Muhammad SAW, did not "perform" .. any miracle that happened was by permission of G-d.
Ah yes , he needs only to say 'inshallah' and God gives him permission.

In other words, it is G-d that "performs" miracles. The messengers/prophets were not "Superman".
Ah yes , he only needs slaves , i apologize.
Silly me.. :)

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Simply to focus in on the point.
You don't decide what is the point.
We have 'tools' to do that.
So you focus on the point that satiafies your pre-conditions since you decide to quote parts.

People are encouraged to read not only the full verses, but the entire passages in which they find their context.
Yes ,people chose words in which they find their context.

But in my case, I was making one point, and quoted only what was necessary to document my point.
Yes , i see.
This is why is called argument of personal incredulity.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man...nor a son of man.
1 Samuel 15:29 for he is not a man
Hosea 11:9 I am God and not a man
Job 9:32 For he is not a man

So four times, FOUR, the Tanakh repeats the same teaching. Wouldn't you think that makes it rather important?
I believe God is not a man but He does inhabit Jesus who is at least apparently human.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The standard orthodoxy of Christianity is that Jesus is "fully God and fully man." IOW he is not God with the illusion of a man's body, or a man husk with God's spirit inside, or part God and part man. Just fully God and fully man.

That doesn't mean every Christian believes this. For example, I have talked to Christians online who are more into the man husk idea. And there are one Christian denomination, Jehovah's Witnesses, that teaches otherwise (and that is why most Christians say it is not a Christian church).

And me? Well, of course, being a Jew, I don't think any man is God. Not Jesus, not Caesar, not David Koresh, no one.
I believe you have no evidence to back up your belief. Saying the body is a husk is deceptive. The body has a mind and will of its own.

Muffled

Jesus in me
No, God is not human.

Most of the problem arises around the allegation that [he] made humans in [his] own image ─ and of course no one knows quite what that means.
I believe that is the least of the evidence but it does suggest that God approves of the human body as a receptor of the spirit.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I believe God is not a man but He does inhabit Jesus who is at least apparently human.
God ‘lives’ in ALL who abides by His words.
“All who are led by the Spirit of God are Sons of God’…

“And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.” (Romans 8:11)

The Spirit of God dwells fully in Jesus Christ… which is why Jesus REFLECTS the glory of God, the Father. All others have slightly dimmed lights as sin darkness the light.

Colt

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man...nor a son of man.
1 Samuel 15:29 for he is not a man
Hosea 11:9 I am God and not a man
Job 9:32 For he is not a man

So four times, FOUR, the Tanakh repeats the same teaching. Wouldn't you think that makes it rather important?
No, for the simple reason that the Israelites didn’t know about the existence of the Son of God as our creator who was coming to earth.

IndigoChild5559

No, for the simple reason that the Israelites didn’t know about the existence of the Son of God as our creator who was coming to earth.
So, you do NOT believe that God inspired the "Old Testament." You think it is merely the writing of men and has errors about the nature of God? It's fine with me if that is your position, but lets just make it clear that this is what you are implying in your above remark.

Colt

So, you do NOT believe that God inspired the "Old Testament." You think it is merely the writing of men and has errors about the nature of God? It's fine with me if that is your position, but lets just make it clear that this is what you are implying in your above remark.
Oh absolutely! All of the scriptures were written and rewritten by holy men. Religious men who ran religious institutions made the claim of divine authorship in order to maintain their authority.

IndigoChild5559

I believe you have no evidence to back up your belief. Saying the body is a husk is deceptive. The body has a mind and will of its own.
My belief? You mean my belief that God is not a man? I provided four separate places where the Tanakh directly teaches this. It is one of the most consistent teachings of the Tanakh.

I also said that I had met the occasional Christian such as yourself who has espoused the idea that Jesus body was like an empty shell that was filled with the Spirit of God, and I was explaining that this concept is actually considered a Christological heresy in mainstream orthodox Christianity. The orthodox Christian belief is nothing more and nothing less than that Jesus is "fully God and fully man."

This simply means your take is not the orthodox one. I am not trying to push Christian orthodoxy on you. I'm just pointing out what it is. :)

Last edited: