• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is dangerous

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I'd say god is a terrible parent cause he uses suffering as a method to teach instead of by example.

You gonna counter with Jesus yes, life full of suffering too glorified suffering, hell you guys even worship him dying and tortured on a cross.

Last edited:

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
I'd say god is a terrible parent cause he uses suffering as a method to teach instead of by example.

If you're talking about the idea of 'personal God/deity' I can see where you are coming from but the concept of God is a bigger subject than Monotheism alone and isn't necessarily tied down by moral restriction or personal gratification, contrary to popular belief :)

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
I just posted what I have held as true for many years

If God be god...He is the most dangerous thing alive

your reactions please......

Here:
200.gif

idea

Question Everything

You gonna counter with Jesus yes, life full of suffering too glorified suffering, hell you guys even worship him dying and tortured on a cross.

Name an example of someone who learned all they needed to know without any suffering (either their own suffering, or learning from the suffering of others)... Name an example of love without sacrifice. Name an example of someone with character and honor who did not overcome obstacles. Name an example of someone who learned all they needed to learn in a classroom with no painful experiences.

Who do you most admire? Why do you admire them? What did they do / live through / overcome that impressed you? If they did not prove themselves through their experiences, would you be impressed with them?

It is not about faith in G-d, it is about faith in ourselves. We don't have faith that we are strong enough to handle the educational process. G-d has more faith in us than we have in ourselves.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
well here's my input......

fear not anyone who would harm the flesh
rather you should fear He who is able to rend the soul

after my last breath God and heaven will be there to see what stands from the dust

and if my thoughts and feelings failed to gel......to a standard found in heaven................

syo

after my last breath God and heaven will be there to see what stands from the dust

and if my thoughts and feelings failed to gel......to a standard found in heaven................
i believe that most people would go to heaven. i believe that god is merciful and people who are truly evil are a rarity. an ordinary person can't do evil so easily. the people i've known and passed away, i believe all of them are in heaven, even those i had conflicts with.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
i believe that most people would go to heaven. i believe that god is merciful and people who are truly evil are a rarity. an ordinary person can't do evil so easily. the people i've known and passed away, i believe all of them are in heaven, even those i had conflicts with.

I've posted this notion many times before......
picture Jesus, Judas and Hitler breaking bread and sharing a dish of sauce

looking each other ......in the eye

syo

I've posted this notion many times before......
picture Jesus, Judas and Hitler breaking bread and sharing a dish of sauce

looking each other ......in the eye
these two have done great evil. but we don't know if they repent. ordinary people can't do the evil these two men did. whatever the case, god will judge all.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
these two have done great evil. but we don't know if they repent. ordinary people can't do the evil these two men did. whatever the case, god will judge all.
I suspect a fair scale will be applied

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle

I can’t respect a practice that employs Machiavellian practices in order to compel obedience.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
God is dangerous

I believe that the Beneficent and Merciful G-d rather protects from danger, please.
Regards

dianaiad

I just posted what I have held as true for many years

If God be god...He is the most dangerous thing alive

your reactions please......

Well, duh.

However, one really needs to define what you mean by ''God."

After all, to a newborn infant, a father is the most dangerous thing alive, if that father is minded to be so. The question to be asked is...is God minded to be so?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well, duh.

However, one really needs to define what you mean by ''God."

After all, to a newborn infant, a father is the most dangerous thing alive, if that father is minded to be so. The question to be asked is...is God minded to be so?
I believe the peace of heaven is guarded
the angelic have been displayed with sword in hand.......for centuries

Sodom and Gomorrah.....

Lot's wife.....

the Egyptian plagues.....

I don't think God is human

dianaiad

I believe the peace of heaven is guarded
the angelic have been displayed with sword in hand.......for centuries

Sodom and Gomorrah.....

Lot's wife.....

the Egyptian plagues.....

I don't think God is human

Most people don't.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
greater than God.....are you?

I kinda thought it would be the other way around.

it is written.....
and what is Man that God is mindful of him?

let's look at the pact between man and god a different way. Because no matter what way you look at it it doesn't add up, god can't really look good in any version you tell it.

The programmer(god) creates a world and begins populating it with various creatures, decides to make a sentient species. But in the programmer's source code of the sentient species he doesn't include a moral compass nor knowledge, but in my opinion he did write in the code curiosity, then placed a consumable that would grant the recipient knowledge. And told his creations to not eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Now since prior to eating of this fruit they had no knowledge of the concept of right and wrong, like any parent the programmer would have to teach his creations those concepts. Which to me he didn't bother doing. So when the first two iterations of humans ate of the fruit from both curiosity and persuasion from the devil, and being the naive creatures god made them to be, what surprise would it have been that they would do the one thing they were told not to do. Who ever here are parents I am sure their children have done things they were specifically told not to do. Now whence the transgression against the will of the programmer was committed, he punished his freshly aware humans for their wrong doing, which they before eating the the consumable were not aware of. And thus "kicked them out of the house." Now what parents do you know kicks their kid out of the house on the first offense? I'll tell ya, they aren't that kid's parents anymore cause they would have lost custody of their children for behavior like that.

Now some time went on and the programmer decided he didn't like Earth 1.0 and wipes the slate clean with a water virus but left a fraction of a percentage of the original population to repopulate the planet in version 2.0 but the programmer is still dissatisfied and proposes a vaccination code for the populace. Now this vaccine prevents the soul from being transported to hell. But as the story goes the programmer creates a sort of clone of himself that he will for convenience call his son. That he places within the womb of a virgin woman. And destines the clone to be sacrificed for the transgressions of the rest of the world against the laws of the programmer. Now whether or not this was foreseen by the programmer his clone for a time does not understand his purpose. Even though he is a copy of the programmer's own written code. As he asks himself why he has forsaken himself. Perhaps it was just a bug in the system.

Now in order to receive this vaccination for the soul, the inhabitants on the planet need to accept the clone as the programmer, in order to specifically receive this vaccination, despite the supposed professed unconditional love for the inhabitants of the planet. There still lies a condition in order to receive the love of the programmer.

Now despite all of this, this information is given to the population of the surrounding area, but that land area only represents somewhere around 3% of the total landmass of the planet. And other civilizations did exist elsewhere on this map. Certainly this very important information could not have been spread throughout the entire world...What happened to all the peoples that had no knowledge of the new deal between the programmer and and it's creations. Were their souls doomed to a hellish torment despite no knowledge of the programmer nor of the new agreement? It all seems pretty far fetched to me.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
God is dangerous

I believe that the Beneficent and Merciful G-d rather protects from danger, please.
Regards
G-d is dangerous for the criminals and that is very reasonable and rational. The criminal are to be punished. Right, please?
Regards

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
G-d is dangerous for the criminals and that is very reasonable and rational. The criminal are to be punished. Right, please?
Regards

And the billions that don't know your god? Do they have nothing to fear other than the hell they are going to for not accepting the god they had no knowledge of? Or were taught about a different god?

We know those child buggering kids have no fear. After all they are sorry to god, not the kids or the families of the kids. They don't matter just the god that might send them to hell right? Not justice. Criminals only need ask forgiveness of the Father, screw the lives they ruined.