• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is All That Is; there is nothing that is not God

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Re: “God is All That Is, and there is nothing that is not God."

It’s missing 2 syllables. Try: God is All That Is, and there is nothing that is not IN God.

It makes a huge, beautiful difference.
Also, it stops people from thinking they’re the new Messiah after their NDE .

Humbly,
Hermit

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
How many `universes` are there in the Cosmos ?

I wonder how many `gods` are there ?

One for each universe, I wonder ?

And find one I can't !

Chris Terai

Howdy Hermit.

That is quite a risk isn't it... we who have had profound NDE experiences do often forget that just as we are God, so too are all others and all else. Falsely elevating one's self to the position of the almighty over others is very different from recognizing the divinity in all.

It's the old teaspoon in the ocean problem isn't it. Draw a teaspoon of water from the ocean and you have the ocean in your teaspoon. The claim alone seems impossible, and yet it is so. The teaspoon of water could look upon the ocean and appreciate its vastness, or upon it's wee self and assume superiority. Clearly, the latter is in error.

I do think those accepting the words I was given need to accept the implications of the context you provide. There's a notion of being superior when people realize who they are without recognizing that they remain equal with others; they simply have an awareness others haven't yet come to.

OTOH, what stops those of new understanding from sharing it? Nothing I hope.

I don't believe there is a moratorium on divinity because All That Is is divine, and that includes each of us. We are all meant to teach and enlighten others. In ancient times, that was what the Messiah did. It is what was meant to be a christ, from the Greek word christos, anointed one or messiah. It wasn't a term for one being; it was a path wherein those of wisdom guided the lost into understanding. It wasn't a term for Jesus alone; humanity made it that afterwards, creating a chasm and thus an industry of salvation.

No man can make himself to be Jesus, but we can all teach what he taught. I should love to think that, in our next phase of enlightenment as a society, there will be a messiah to guide all who seek to be their greatest self, which is in essence to align with God and be as Jesus and many other prophets have taught.

@Mud: You can't see that All That Is exists?

Muffled

Jesus in me
These are not my words. They are the truth that was within me when I returned from a near-death experience, but I didn't really understand them. And then I did, and I was an atheist no more.

"God is All That Is, and there is nothing that is not God."
  • If God is All That Is, and we are born into and of All That Is, then God truly is the father, the provider.
  • Many religions hold that God knows all and sees all. If God is All That Is, this is fact undeniable.
  • The more we love, the more blissful our life. This is alignment with God. It is proof that God is divine.
  • If God is All That Is, and God is divine, then everything is divinity in various degrees of expression and evil dos not exist. Even that which we dislike knows love on some level; it's simply an impure expression... or we are. This makes sense, because every time we relate to evil, we suffer our perception. When instead, we see All That Is as varying degrees of goodness, suffering dissolves.
  • Atheists believe in All That Is, while those of faith believe in God. Beliefs converge if All That Is is God.
I've heard the argument many times, that one cannot see God, and yet we do every day... from within. Once we realize that, the mysteries of faith fall into place as common understanding, and the myths fall away. What does the message mean to you? Do you see truths of your faith within those words?

an-atheist-is.jpg

I believe creation is separate from God. A near death experience doesn't guarantee truth.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Apparently; if `God` is the container of all,
then everyone is already inside `Him`.....
soooo...we were not inside `Him` to start with ?

Awfully confusing

~~~Life is all there is~~~

Some are wasting it !

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
@Chris Terai

I find myself enjoying the Stuff that is here now,
for whatever that space of time is !
Life, Earth, and all of it's Stuff,
no heaven needed !
Spirits soar !

Chris Terai

@ Mud

Spirits soar because you love.
All you love is an aspect of All That Is.
Your only limits are how much you love.
It sounds like you know few limits.

It is good to see that your life is good. Some align intuitively, others through guidance. Some need help, others don't. If you align without the metaphor, you are still your greatest self. Right being is about the life, not the dogma.

Yes, we've always been one with God. In life, there is a veil so we can see All That Is from our unique perspective. Without the veil, we could not see. Self cannot know itself, just as a light cannot shine upon itself, a mirror cannot reflect itself, and mud cannot muddy itself. To know self, there must be other. That is why life. We are a fragment that sees and loves the whole, then returns to it.

PS. Sounds like you're living a great life, even without the metaphor. I tip my hat to you.

The Anointed

Re: “God is All That Is, and there is nothing that is not God."

It’s missing 2 syllables. Try: God is All That Is, and there is nothing that is not IN God.

It makes a huge, beautiful difference.
Also, it stops people from thinking they’re the new Messiah after their NDE .

Humbly,
Hermit

All that is, 'is in God,' and God is in, ' all that is.'

Of all the stars in heaven and the space that lies between
Its centre is the planet of my birth
Earth’s horizon stretches outward at equal distance from my throne
So I hold the central point upon this earth
As light and sound need time to carry all their messages to me
My senses tells me all has run its race
And everything that happens, has happened in my past
So I hold the highest point in time and space.
A primitive concept some might say
And a view that leads to sin
Well! Perhaps we all were made this way
To discover God within........The Anointed.

Wandering Monk

These are not my words. They are the truth that was within me when I returned from a near-death experience, but I didn't really understand them. And then I did, and I was an atheist no more.

"God is All That Is, and there is nothing that is not God."
  • If God is All That Is, and we are born into and of All That Is, then God truly is the father, the provider.
  • Many religions hold that God knows all and sees all. If God is All That Is, this is fact undeniable.
  • The more we love, the more blissful our life. This is alignment with God. It is proof that God is divine.
  • If God is All That Is, and God is divine, then everything is divinity in various degrees of expression and evil dos not exist. Even that which we dislike knows love on some level; it's simply an impure expression... or we are. This makes sense, because every time we relate to evil, we suffer our perception. When instead, we see All That Is as varying degrees of goodness, suffering dissolves.
  • Atheists believe in All That Is, while those of faith believe in God. Beliefs converge if All That Is is God.
I've heard the argument many times, that one cannot see God, and yet we do every day... from within. Once we realize that, the mysteries of faith fall into place as common understanding, and the myths fall away. What does the message mean to you? Do you see truths of your faith within those words?

an-atheist-is.jpg

So God's existence is contingent on the existence of other things?