• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God has rejected me because of x

The fact of the matter is that I will sin, but I am trying very hard, especially now that I just got baptized.

Why are you mentally programming yourself to sin? How so you know you're going to sin? Either you have no free will and naturally sin or you choose to sin. Either way, if you don't set out to so it or make excuses while doing it and regret you did and when you do forgive yourself and pick yourself up by your boot straps and focus on helping others when you can then you're doing your best and that's all he wants

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
The only perfect life is Jesus. Repentance is a life-long process, but I am doing my best to get rid of sin right now. I recently was baptized and feel that I am very near perfection now and hope that I can continue on this path forever.

Workman

UNIQUE
Why has God abandoned you?

I used to think I couldn't measure up to God because of Schizophrenia and it took along time to overcome that belief.
Hello friend!
May God Bless you!
It is the way of work that God does, and for weak is not his way: Abandoning.

We can not measure what we can!
For measurement is to for doubt,
And doubt, it will grow in you, with dwelling the roads of Agitations..And those kind of roads always lead to a dead end!
Agitation is born from the mind, and worrie will grow in more for each time you react to it, do not worry for it does not matter. learn not to respect it for it, instead of it, live without it, go with your heart and take the one way road to Peace, happiness and love for that is the only one way to no end.✌️

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Why did he abandon Jesus just before he died?
He didn't.

Have you ever read the poem about footprints?

There are times when the soul feels like one is abandoned but it is a misunderstanding of what was happening. If God had abandoned Jesus, Jesus would never had resurrected. In that he did, we have to look for a deeper understanding.

Interestingly enough, the Aramaic can be translated “for this purpose you have spared me.”

I think John Gill said it right when he noted " The whole of it evinces the truth of Christ's human nature, that he was in all things made like unto his brethren; that he had an human soul, and endured sorrows and sufferings in it, of which this of desertion was not the least: the heinousness of sin may be learnt from hence, which not only drove the angels out of heaven, and Adam out of the garden, and separates, with respect to communion, between God and his children; but even caused him to hide his face from his own Son, whilst he was bearing, and suffering for, the sins of his people."

The possibility is that, to fulfill all righteousness and to bring man into full relationship back with God, the moment where Jesus was made to be all sin, even the holiness of God could not look on the suffering endured for the love of man.