• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God has rejected me because of x

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Why has God abandoned you?

I used to think I couldn't measure up to God because of Schizophrenia and it took along time to overcome that belief.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Love accepts you as you are.

Yes.

Why did he abandon Jesus just before he died?

Jesus was being fully human and, assuming the report is true, acting and speaking as such on the cross.

This to me is the answer to your comment:

il_fullxfull.785013873_eccf.jpg

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
He didn't, especially since the Father raised Jesus from the dead.

It was the cost of assimilating the sins of mankind before the resurrection. I can't imagine what Jesus felt like at that moment, being separated from the Father at that moment.

We have to remember that Jesus also said he would be raised up. But it was the first time the complete union between The Father and him was experienced.

Thus as a man, "My God, my God, why have thou forsaken me" but also followed by faith, "Unto you to I give my spirit", a complete trust that His will was being done.

MonkeyFire

I used to think I couldn't measure up to God because of Schizophrenia and it took along time to overcome that belief.

I have schizophrenia too, but I think the opposite, that I was predestined in Heaven for eternity alpha, as I will be ever after in eternity omega as a friend of God.

Misunderstood

I used to think that way also,and was reading in the bible one day 2 Samuel chapters 11 and 12. And read about David and Uriah. The Bible says God loves David very much and David is a man after His own heart.

After reading this I felt no matter what I did, it would not be to much for God. He could look past our sin no matter how great and look into our heart.

Man cannot measure up to God. To think so is error and one of the chief errors of man, especially in all false religions. In fact, to think one can measure up to God is the curse that all men are under, because he disobeyed God and heeded the voice of the devil. The devil wanted to usurp the authority of God and tempted man with this same evil motive and he fell. Man is most like the devil when he attempts to measure up to God. It cannot happen. Do you not realize that God is the Creator of the entire universe? How can sinful man be as God? God is ruling over all. He is Just. He is pure. He is Holy, separate from sinners. He alone is Holy. Jesus Christ is everything God is. Jesus Christ is Eternal Holy God. But God's people are worms crawling in the dirt. Maggots is the word the Bible uses. Also, God doesn't abandon His people. He says to His people, "I will never leave you. I will never forsake you." He repeats it for emphasis.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Man cannot measure up to God. To think so is error and one of the chief errors of man, especially in all false religions. In fact, to think one can measure up to God is the curse that all men are under, because he disobeyed God and heeded the voice of the devil. The devil wanted to usurp the authority of God and tempted man with this same evil motive and he fell. Man is most like the devil when he attempts to measure up to God. It cannot happen. Do you not realize that God is the Creator of the entire universe? How can sinful man be as God? God is ruling over all. He is Just. He is pure. He is Holy, separate from sinners. He alone is Holy. Jesus Christ is everything God is. Jesus Christ is Eternal Holy God. But God's people are worms crawling in the dirt. Maggots is the word the Bible uses. Also, God doesn't abandon His people. He says to His people, "I will never leave you. I will never forsake you." He repeats it for emphasis.
I meant to use other words; sorry.

I meant to use other words; sorry.
No need to apologize to me. But I'm glad to hear you didn't intend to use those words. And your attitude is the kind that can be taught. God's children are of such an attitude, teachable, because they are humble. He made them that way. They will increase in knowledge and wisdom. The knowledge of Christ is salvation.

Kenny

Premium Member
Actually, He didn't. If He had, then Jesus would still be in the grave. Although the Bible doesn't specifically say "why", it is understood that when Jesus had all sins placed on Him, there ceases to be a union between a Holy God and a sinful man. Additionally, in as much as Jesus was tempted in all points as we are, he also had to experience the separation so that he truly can become our High Priest that can run to our help in time of need.

Great question.

Kenny

Premium Member
If jesus was so great, then why did he get hung with thieves?
I'm not sure why that is a question. Abraham Lincoln was a great president but was murdered. Edgar Allen Poe, a great poet, died penniless.

Why the question?

Jesus today is exalted and seated at the right hand of the Father.

Are you saying that Gods schizophrenia is unmatched and you can't measure up, or are you saying that because you've been diagnosed schizophrenic you can't match up to God?

You think God abandoned you because he put you in time out? God CAN'T abandon you. LOL!

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Are you saying that Gods schizophrenia is unmatched and you can't measure up, or are you saying that because you've been diagnosed schizophrenic you can't match up to God?

You think God abandoned you because he put you in time out? God CAN'T abandon you. LOL!
I'm saying since I'm diagnosed with schizophrenia I used to think I couldn't measure up to God. Thanks for the humor.