• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God as Energy and Matter

godnotgod

Thou art That
Brahman is everything. Everything changes

That 'everything' is real, and is changing, is maya. Therefore it is said that 'Brahman is maya', but it's still maya, or illusion. To say that 'Brahman is maya', is simply to say, via metaphor, that the character being portrayed in a play is, in reality, the actor.

the personal self is illusory. all created things are impermanent.

So there is no difference between Hinduism and Buddhism in this respect. 'All things are maya' and 'all things are empty of self-nature' say the same thing. Both the jiva (individual soul), and the self of Buddhism are illusory. The jiva is simply a play of Brahman, while the 'self' is a creation of the mind.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
is the brahman, el, allah god a specific physical form of matter, or an energy?

isn't god infinite change and constant?
I believe God isn’t an energy, so much as God is energy, itself. Energy is All.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe God isn’t an energy, so much as God is energy, itself. Energy is All.

the result of the spirit is an action.

the dwelling place of god is you. God's spirit is within you. this is why jesus said that the kingdom of god comes from within you. those who seek without self are lost.

this is why it is written:

Revelation 21
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the temple(tabernacle) of God is within men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

John 14
20 At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

1 Corinthians 6:19
19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

so then it is what is within you and not separated from you that speaks to you.

Matthew 22:37
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

It is Christ in all

Colossians 3:11
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

I AM that i am

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
the result of the spirit is an action.

the dwelling place of god is within you. God's spirit is within you. this is why jesus said that the kingdom of god comes from within you. those who seek without self are lost.

this is why it is written:

Revelation 21
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the temple(tabernacle) of God is within men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

John 14
20 At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

1 Corinthians 6:19
19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

so then it is what is within you and not separated from you that speaks to you.

Matthew 22:37
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

It is Christ in all

Colossians 3:11
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

I AM that i am
Spirit is, ultimately, energy. Energy can either be potential or kinetic. So, yes, Spirit, when fully realized, is expended as kinetic energy. That’s what I call “love.” Love is Spirit-in-action.