• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and Wholeness, Absolute

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Absolute does not mean all.
In English philosophy it does. In your duality, it doesn't. I'm ok with that. Your God isn't all present, your God isn't almighty, your God isn't all knowing. Your God is delimited and controlled by you. Your God is a straw man.

Your freewill trumps an all powerful God.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
In English philosophy it does.

No it does not. ;)

English philosophy? Can you quote the philosopher who says the English word Absolute means all? Are you referring to Sphinoza? NOPE. he does not say that. Are you referring to Ibn Arabi? Nope. He does not say that. Which so called "English philosopher" are you referring to? Not even pantheists and panentheists are daft enough to make absurd claims like that.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Nope. Doesnt say absolute means "all".
free will

it blatantly states all thought and being. being is a present participle verb. as a noun it means existence. that basically implies all existence.

maybe you'd like to try and rewrite the english language?

firedragon

Veteran Member
free will

it blatantly states all thought and being. being is a present participle verb. as a noun it means existence. that basically implies all existence.

It does not say "absolute means all". ;)

No one will. I mean no one with some sense that is.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It does not say "absolute means all". ;)

No one will. I mean no one with some sense that is.
its your free will to live in a dualistic world; especially one where belief and reality are two mutually exclusive ideas that can't work together for a better understanding. but i can assure you that your beliefs, aren't going to save you from suffering the truth.

firedragon

Veteran Member
its your free will to live in a dualistic world; especially one where belief and reality are two mutually exclusive ideas that can't work together for a better understanding. but i can assure you that your beliefs, aren't going to save you from suffering the truth.

Absolute still does not mean "all".

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Dualistic, non-dualistic, monist, what ever your philosophy is, absolute does not mean all.
you're a dualist. you're a top down thinker. then there is the bottom up thinker. but then there is the full circle of what goes up must come down and what goes down must come. so the full circle is ALL

ab- means away from

solute comes from solvere meaning to disattach, divide.

so if you're not dividing, you are adding, multiplying.

so absolute is to move away from dividing, undoing,

adding means to unite

the word unite means to make into ONE

Brian2

Veteran Member
god isn't a respecter of persons. you really think you're all that special?

your love for your religion says more about you than it does god's people. GOD so loved the world as you reject parts of it. you even ignore your idol and claim christianity above your fellow human kind that aren't christian.

It is not me who is special but it is the truth that is special and unique.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Is that also philosophy?

Can you provide proof for that assertion?
abrahamic believers tend to be dualists. a dualist separates god from themselves. a dualist divides. a dualism doesn't add up because it separates.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It is not me who is special but it is the truth that is special and unique.
love is true. jesus gave you a new commandment, "to love". he didn't say christians are true. he didn't say create a new religion. he didn't say god doesn't love everyone because is love.

so trying make anything equal to love and excluding someone else based on their physical attributes, is not true. love is an action. it isn't a material form, a form of religion, a form of sex, a form of gender, a form of age, a form of differences