• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and/or Jesus in Hell

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
if god or jesus are/were in hell, are/were they suffering?

psalms 139:8

matthew 12:40

Eyes to See

No. Jesus had to die. When he died he was dead for parts of 3 days. The King James Version of the Bible translates the Hebrew Sheol, and the Greek Hades as Hell, when in the original languages it meant the Grave.

God cannot die. He is indestructible, he is "from everlasting to everlasting". He cannot become human, and no human may look up0n his radiance and live:

"Are you not from everlasting, O Jehovah?
O my God, my Holy One, you do not die
."
-Habakkuk 1:12

"From everlasting to everlasting, you are God."-Psalm 90:2.

Some teach that Jesus did not die when he died, but he continued to live on. But that is not true. If that was true then prophecy lies when it says he had to die for our sins. And if Jesus didn't die, then he wasn't resurrected from the dead, for only the dead who have ceased to live need to be raised back to life, and if that is the case then the whole Christian faith is a farce:

"Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you remain in your sins.  Then also those who have fallen asleep in death in union with Christ have perished. If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are to be pitied more than anyone."-1 Corinthians 15:17-19.

Jesus Christ, the son of God, died, and went to "hell" that is mankind's common Grave, for parts of 3 days. He ceased to be alive, until Jehovah God raised him, resurrected, back to life from the dead.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

Good question, because -- if Jesus is God and one person of the trinity in hell for a while, according to some theologians as if he were watching or something with those burning while the other 2 supposed persons of the trinity were in heaven. So taking it down a notch, if Jesus was God one person of a triune combination of persons each God, one person was in hell while the other two were -- not. :)

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe He was not suffering. When Jesus returned to the father there is technically no Jesus other than the memory of being Jesus and perhaps that is enough.

For instance I have a memory of being a Russian peasant in a previous life. Perhaps for all eternity I will still be that person in memory.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Good question, because -- if Jesus is God and one person of the trinity in hell for a while, according to some theologians as if he were watching or something with those burning while the other 2 supposed persons of the trinity were in heaven. So taking it down a notch, if Jesus was God one person of a triune combination of persons each God, one person was in hell while the other two were -- not. :)

I believe you are confused. God is one. Jesus is one with the Father.

Muffled

Jesus in me
No. Jesus had to die. When he died he was dead for parts of 3 days. The King James Version of the Bible translates the Hebrew Sheol, and the Greek Hades as Hell, when in the original languages it meant the Grave.

God cannot die. He is indestructible, he is "from everlasting to everlasting". He cannot become human, and no human may look up0n his radiance and live:

"Are you not from everlasting, O Jehovah?
O my God, my Holy One, you do not die
."
-Habakkuk 1:12

"From everlasting to everlasting, you are God."-Psalm 90:2.

Some teach that Jesus did not die when he died, but he continued to live on. But that is not true. If that was true then prophecy lies when it says he had to die for our sins. And if Jesus didn't die, then he wasn't resurrected from the dead, for only the dead who have ceased to live need to be raised back to life, and if that is the case then the whole Christian faith is a farce:

"Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you remain in your sins.  Then also those who have fallen asleep in death in union with Christ have perished. If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are to be pitied more than anyone."-1 Corinthians 15:17-19.

Jesus Christ, the son of God, died, and went to "hell" that is mankind's common Grave, for parts of 3 days. He ceased to be alive, until Jehovah God raised him, resurrected, back to life from the dead.

I believe God is already there because He is everywhere. Jesus as now back to being the Father only but Jesus in memory carries the message of salvation to those in the grave.