• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go Away, Govinda!

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Go away Govinda,
It's not you I seek
Cast your gaze away, Gopalpriya
I will not let you goad me.

Let me see Her feet,
Do not lift your hem,
The dust of your feet does not interest me,
Oh Gopinatha.

Madhava, listen to me, please.
Talk to Her,
Convince Her, please,
To cast her lotus-eyed gaze upon me.

Why do you tease me, Lalita?
Why do you hide behind him?
It is your name they call first,
Hare! Hare! Radhe! Radhe!

So why, oh Maharani,
Do you send him forth,
When all my heart desires is you?

Happy Diwali, everyone. Amma ji is playing coy. Tonight I had the opportunity to take darshan of Nitai-Gaura, Radha-Krishna and Subadhra, Jagannatha and Balaram. Tears filled my eyes and my chest grew tight. I could barely breathe. Not only did I have darshan but I was allowed to offer jyoti to Her.

GO AWAY, GOVINDA,
I HAVE EYES ONLY FOR YOUR SISTER,
ONLY FOR HER WHO IS EVERY GOPI,
WHO IS EVERY MOTHER, SISTER, DAUGHTER, WIFE AND FRIEND,
NOT FOR YOU, GOVINDA, PLEASE GO AWAY AND BRING HER BACK WITH YOU.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Wherever Lord Krsna is, near or far, the gopis think of Him constantly, dancing in their minds. Lord Krsna is inseparable to them, this mischievous jewel, who attracts all and is inseparable to all. The gopis are of no exception, He is their lifeblood, He is the oxygen they breathe. Wherever Lord Krsna goes, Lakshmi is there, in His chest. Lord Krsna can accept your plea, but the gopis and the Goddess of Fortune will follow Him regardless. :)

Last edited:

निताइ dasa

Nitai's servant's servant
Hehehe, where Radha is, there Govinda must be, where Govinda is there Radha must be. Jaya Radhe!

All glories to the Yugala Kishora!

Happy Diwali to all!

Last edited:

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
That is why I seek Her seperately.

I have no eyes for any but Her but She keeps sending out Govinda and Shiva to crowd the way. I have no love for simple men, o Uma! Even divine, no matter!
I only have eyes for the hem of Your skirt and ears for the tinkling of Your bells. What taste is there but You? What Sight? What Sound? What touch? And yet I cannot bear to look anywhere but You. Let me kneel at Your feet, o Devi, as Nanda is always with Shiva, as Hanuman is always with Sita and Ram. I beg, Shyaama, that You cast Your gaze upon me. I will visit them if it is the only way to have Your Grace.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Go away Govinda,
It's not you I seek

Not gonna happen. He's persistent. I tried running away from him, I tried pushing him away, to no avail. He's a tease and a practical joker. He's an addiction. He's the happy-go-lucky mischievous boy in your class everyone loved and followed. ;)

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Not gonna happen. He's persistent. I tried running away from him, I tried pushing him away, to no avail. He's a tease and a practical joker. He's an addiction. He's the happy-go-lucky mischievous boy in your class everyone loved and followed. ;)

Only that's the sort of boy I hated and continue to dislike. Why have eyes for Krishna when Kali dances behind him? He is a distraction; She is everything.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Only that's the sort of boy I hated and continue to dislike. Why have eyes for Krishna when Kali dances behind him? He is a distraction; She is everything.
I apologise very dearly for taking such a serious tone Devichaaya ji, but do you dislike Lord Krsna?

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
I apologise very dearly for taking such a serious tone Devichaaya ji, but do you dislike Lord Krsna?

I do not dislike him per se. I have an enduring animosity for him that is true but that is hardly Krishna's fault; when I was first awakening I was told vehemently that I was only allowed to worship Krishna and no one else. Everyone else was a demi God and anyone who worshipped them was a fool and misled.

I feel I could have a friendship with Him but He is no Lalita Tripura Sundari. He does not captivate me the same way She does. It did not help that His devotees whom I associated with back then were very snide about Mahesh. Pretty effective method to scar a potential devotee and send them off to better, more accepting pastures.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
I do not dislike him per se. I have an enduring animosity for him that is true but that is hardly Krishna's fault; when I was first awakening I was told vehemently that I was only allowed to worship Krishna and no one else. Everyone else was a demi God and anyone who worshipped them was a fool and misled.

I feel I could have a friendship with Him but He is no Lalita Tripura Sundari. He does not captivate me the same way She does. It did not help that His devotees whom I associated with back then were very snide about Mahesh. Pretty effective method to scar a potential devotee and send them off to better, more accepting pastures.
I apologise you had a bad experience with Vaisnavas. I hope things will patch up, either sooner or later. :)

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
It is simply past karmas raising their heads. Even the scriptures acknowledge that not everyone will love Krishna but that does not mean they are lesser. One can even achieve liberation through hating Krishna, so we must always keep that in mind. Even Mahishasura achieved moksha and he detested Durga Ma. Now he has the bliss to be worshipped along with Her!

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Go away Govinda,
It's not you I seek

Let me see Her feet,
Do not lift your hem,
Oh Gopinatha.

Talk to Her,
Convince Her, please,

So why, oh Maharani,
Do you send him forth,

GO AWAY, GOVINDA,

Let me express my regrets for you having bad experiences with Vaishnavas. BTW, I like the poem you wrote. Did you write it yourself?

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Let me express my regrets for you having bad experiences with Vaishnavas. BTW, I like the poem you wrote. Did you write it yourself?

I did indeed write it, @Sirona, after experiencing some extreme bhav during Diwali and a visit to the local Hare Krishna temple. During this month they traditionally offer lights to the deities; everyone gets the chance to do so and I was very lucky to have the experience. But it is not Krishna I seek!

Krishna is tormenting her. Why do you resist, Devichaya. Let him come. He will frolic around for some time and then go somewhere else. Then you can be with the mother. He was always naughty.

Yes. Once I called him a naughty thief and he made me think I had lost my phone! I had not, thankfully, but for a good half hour I was frantic. Playing such tricks on a poor woman! Perhaps I will try to give him his time. He is ever so insistent that I let him after all!

Chakra

Premium Member
It is simply past karmas raising their heads. Even the scriptures acknowledge that not everyone will love Krishna but that does not mean they are lesser. One can even achieve liberation through hating Krishna, so we must always keep that in mind. Even Mahishasura achieved moksha and he detested Durga Ma. Now he has the bliss to be worshipped along with Her!
I would argue that you don't get liberation by the mere act of hating them, but by thinking about them every second of your life even in an antagonistic manner.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram Devi Chaya ji

please do not take offence for what young or inexperienced Vaisnavas might say , if you were told this then it is a missinturpretation of the Gita , ...if you feel more comfortable worshiping another form you are free to do so , but what Krsna is trying to say is that by worshiping other forms one actualy worships him alone , ......

Sri Bhagavan says , ....

I am the father of this universe, the mother, the support, and the grandsire. I am the object of knowledge, the purifier and the syllable om. I am also the Ṛk, the Sāma, and the Yajur [Vedas].

I am the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge and the most dear friend. I am the creation and the annihilation, the basis of everything, the resting place and the eternal seed. Ch ..9 V ..17-18

Krsna does not say that those who worship other forms are foolish or missled , he simply says that they are not in full knowledge of his true nature , .....

Whatever a man may sacrifice to other gods, O son of Kuntī, is really meant for Me alone, but it is offered without true understanding.

I am the only enjoyer and the only object of sacrifice. Those who do not recognize My true transcendental nature fall down.

Those who worship the demigods will take birth among the demigods; those who worship ghosts and spirits will take birth among such beings; those who worship ancestors go to the ancestors; and those who worship Me will live with Me. Ch ..9 V ..23 -25

He captivates you by taking on other forms , .....the form of your Beautifull Mother , ....it is she that attracts and chooses her deciples, and nurtures them as a mother does her own children , just as Krsna says , ....
But those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form-to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have. V ..22

but there is no better and no worse , only as you said some reflection of your past Karmas , but please do not let the foolish exuberance of neophyte devotees deter you or off put you , as you will find neophytes everywhere in every tradition , ....do not let it make the heart bitter , ......

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Belated happy Dipavali Devi ji , ....

Go away Govinda,
It's not you I seek

Let me see Her feet,
Do not lift your hem,
Oh Gopinatha.

Talk to Her,
Convince Her, please,

So why, oh Maharani,
Do you send him forth,

Happy Diwali, everyone. Amma ji is playing coy. Tonight I had the opportunity to take darshan of Nitai-Gaura, Radha-Krishna and Subadhra, Jagannatha and Balaram. Tears filled my eyes and my chest grew tight. I could barely breathe. Not only did I have darshan but I was allowed to offer jyoti to Her.

GO AWAY, GOVINDA,

I am so glad you enjoyed Darshan , but please excuse me if I smile at your poem , it is sweet that your devotion is so strong , ...but please permit me to reply , .....

''GO AWAY, GOVINDA,''......but Devi ji he canot go , ...he pervades all space and time , he is without begining and without end , .....he is manifest in countless forms , ...

''I HAVE EYES ONLY FOR YOUR SISTER,'' , ....that I can understand as my eyes see Sri Radha more readily than Sri Madhava , ..... but you must know from the heart of your sister the maidservant of Sri Radhika, that we all are expansions of the one supreme you canot seek our company without being in his presence , .....for our very nature is like that of bees who seek to drink the nectar of the flower.
...for he is the flower and we would die without him , ....

WHO IS EVERY MOTHER, SISTER, DAUGHTER, WIFE AND FRIEND, ......then if your eyes are only for the gopi , the mother , the wife , then you must know that our devotion is to him , and if we take you into our company then you will hear us praise no one but him as he is every mothers darling , every young girls desire , every wifes pride and Joy, .....

NOT FOR YOU, GOVINDA, PLEASE GO AWAY AND BRING HER BACK WITH YOU , ......now you know that he is eternaly mischevious , he will do what you ask just to tease you , ...but if he goes all will go with him , ...if you ask him to return just to bring mother to you he will do so , but there he will be standing beside her for she will not stay without him , but you may look just at mother , he will not mind , because of your love for mother he will forgive your blindness, ....

through Her and only through her you will come to know him , ..this is the Mercy of Radha

Radharani mahrani ki jai

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Belated happy Dipavali Devi ji , ....

I am so glad you enjoyed Darshan , but please excuse me if I smile at your poem , it is sweet that your devotion is so strong , ...but please permit me to reply , .....

''GO AWAY, GOVINDA,''......but Devi ji he canot go , ...he pervades all space and time , he is without begining and without end , .....he is manifest in countless forms , ...

''I HAVE EYES ONLY FOR YOUR SISTER,'' , ....that I can understand as my eyes see Sri Radha more readily than Sri Madhava , ..... but you must know from the heart of your sister the maidservant of Sri Radhika, that we all are expansions of the one supreme you canot seek our company without being in his presence , .....for our very nature is like that of bees who seek to drink the nectar of the flower.
...for he is the flower and we would die without him , ....

WHO IS EVERY MOTHER, SISTER, DAUGHTER, WIFE AND FRIEND, ......then if your eyes are only for the gopi , the mother , the wife , then you must know that our devotion is to him , and if we take you into our company then you will hear us praise no one but him as he is every mothers darling , every young girls desire , every wifes pride and Joy, .....

NOT FOR YOU, GOVINDA, PLEASE GO AWAY AND BRING HER BACK WITH YOU , ......now you know that he is eternaly mischevious , he will do what you ask just to tease you , ...but if he goes all will go with him , ...if you ask him to return just to bring mother to you he will do so , but there he will be standing beside her for she will not stay without him , but you may look just at mother , he will not mind , because of your love for mother he will forgive your blindness, ....

through Her and only through her you will come to know him , ..this is the Mercy of Radha

Radharani mahrani ki jai

Ratikala ji, this is a beautiful response. I love it all. I want to see Krishna the way others do, I just... don't. I love Ma and I love Radha but I really have no emotion for Krishna. He's just kind of... there, whereas with Ma and Radha I can, honestly, feel them.