• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GMOs in the Christian faith...

k4c

Deuteronomy 12:29-31 When the LORD goes ahead of you and destroys the nations and you live in their land, do not fall into the trap of following their customs and worshiping their gods. Do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How do these nations worship their gods? I want to follow their example.’ You must not worship the LORD the way the other nations worship their gods, for they perform for their gods everything the LORD hates.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
What do GMO's have to do with this enlightening video?
Satan got real busy corrupting the "Good News of God's Kingdom" to come.
Satanic/pagan images can be found in ALL of Christendom, not just the corrupted
Catholic Church.
Great Video, I pray every member watched all of it.
I should mention that Jehovah's Witnesses have been preaching about false
doctrine & tainted Christendom for over 100 years.
It's clear that Satan has corrupted Christendom from the 1st Century by sneaking
in pagan images, elevating men above God and the Bible and allowing pagans
to be "converted" while keeping pagan customs that eventually corrupted the Church.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Deuteronomy 12:29-31 When the LORD goes ahead of you and destroys the nations and you live in their land, do not fall into the trap of following their customs and worshiping their gods. Do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How do these nations worship their gods? I want to follow their example.’ You must not worship the LORD the way the other nations worship their gods, for they perform for their gods everything the LORD hates.

Thats an interesting video. It was good to watch though a couple of technical errors are placed (not that it takes away from the video point)

The second commandment in the CCC is in the first commandment. Youll find it here:
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P7F.HTM (and of course its in the RC Bible)

The video is wrong to judge any persons worship based on the History of the Church.

No priest (at least in my area) sees themselves as Christ. They see themselves missionaries for Christ. The Pope is supposed to hold the keys from "Peter." So, the pope and priest are following the of the apostles. No catholic will say they are God.

The Catholic Church has a lot of political power. It has a lot of paganism. Christianity itself has paganism in it.

Who judges any persons relationship with Christ by the history of how they worship? (I did not worship Jesus nor a host when I went to Eucharist adoration. The video is generalizing heavily)

Id also honestly like to see what an "Unbabalonized" christianity video would look like. The Jews do not see Him as the Messiah; so, christians decide not to follow Judaism as Christ did. What is left of Christianity if you take away the apostles who influenced the Church, and the Church itself, etc?

What did the apostles teach that were not influences by the gentiles and customs of their time?

Is there a contrast video so that we can see objectively for those of us who arent historically literate that we can see to get a gist how christianity is "supposed" to be?

Last edited:

jeager106

Premium Member
Carlita:
The video was very strong against the Catholic Church.
Sadly it was also very truthful.
The reason The Church is compared to Babylon and called Babylon the Great is because
ancient Babylon was well know for it's many false pagan gods and pagan idols.
Ergo the Church is Babylon the great as spoken of in the book of Revelation.
The video may have some minor errors but it does speak the truth.
It speaks the truth which is exactly what "this world" does not want to hear.
False religion really is the blending of two Kingdoms, the Kingdom of false religion
and the Kingdoms of men.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student

This is a very informative video and demonstrates clearly how "Christianity" was corrupted in the early centuries by the "weeds" that Jesus warned would be sown by the devil.

This is information that Jehovah's Witnesses have been preaching for the last hundred years!

Babylon the great is not just the Catholic Church...it is all religions that hold to teachings that had their beginnings in original Babylon. You can see how all the world's religions conform to the same basic formula.....because they all have the same author and all worship the same god.....a pretender who steals worship away from "the only true God". (John 17:3)

The Ten Commandments were given as an unalterable set of laws that no man can tamper with, yet they were only given to the Jews. Jesus said that Christians were no longer under the old law covenant and its many rules and regulations, but the "Law of Love" is what all Christians must follow.....it did not include observance of the Sabbath. All the aspects of the law were summed up by only two....to "love of God with ones whole heart, mind and strength....and to love our neighbour as ourselves". This was to apply to all of Christ's disciples regardless of their former worship. When people of the pagan nation's came into the Christian arrangement in the first century, some Jews wanted to enforce Jewish law on them, but the apostles made it clear that Jewish law was for Jews and not Christians. So when Jews began demanding that Gentiles be circumcised, the apostles made it clear that only a few things were necessary as pertaining to the old law.

Acts 15:28-29...."The Holy Spirit has led us to the decision that no burden should be placed on you other than these essentials: refuse food offered to idols, blood, the meat from strangled animals, and sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid such things. Farewell." (CEB)

There is no mention of the Sabbath observance in these "essentials" for all Christians. There was nothing to forbid Jews from observing the law (as it pertained to them personally,) but there was no instruction for Christians from non-Jewish backgrounds to do so.

The Sabbath was given to Israel as a day to reflect on spiritual matters, and to remind them to rest and to refrain from their own selfish pursuits for at least one day a week.

As Christians, we are not under such a rigid requirement, but since all Christians are admonished to "seek first the Kingdom and (Jehovah's) righteousness" (Matt 6:33) it is natural that they will place spiritual matters as of first priority in their lives, without the need for a law to do so.

Everyone should watch this video....its expose' of the Catholic Church is spot on. We have to realise though, that Protestantism did not deviate very much from the Catholic formula of belief and hence are also part of Babylon the great.

I have to ask though, why the voice sounds computer generated??? o_O

jeager106

Premium Member
JayDeeDee:
Thank you for that wonderful post of truth that comes from your heart out of love
for your fellows that none need follow this worldly system to destruction.
It was very hard for me to abandon traditions I grew up with to deny birthdays for all
my kids and grandkids. I learned something so valuable from that.
I can give anytime, whatever I want, and my kids understand I do so because they
are so precious to me.
Honest. This makes giving a gift "just because" so very special.
I understand how difficult it is for us mere humans to see the age old truth and accept
we have been deceived for so long and by the very church and government we depended
upon.
People don't want to hear the truth.
I fought it till I could deny no more.
Today, painful though it may be at times, I am grateful for seeing the truth.

k4c

You are right, GMOs are Genetically Modified Organisms. I used it as a metaphor in that man made doctrines were injected into the pure and simple ways of God.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
You are right, GMOs are Genetically Modified Organisms. I used it as a metaphor in that man made doctrines were injected into the pure and simple ways of God.

LOL. Could have meant Generically Modified Organizations. :)

There are so many generic brands of products these days....why should Christianity be any different? People seem to "shop" for their religious beliefs like they are in some sort of a spiritual supermarket. :p

Reactions: k4c

k4c

LOL. Could have meant Generically Modified Organizations. :)

upload_2015-6-5_23-49-36.jpeg