• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Given enough time anything possible may eventually happen (or has happened already).

Skeptisch

I disagree, Physicist have learned a ton on QM as well as the observable universe.

You are so right and here is part of that:

The nature of reality
The physics of nothing, everything,
and all the things in between

Without pretending to understand everything theoretical physics tells us, should we not at least be interested in what reality really means? Instead many of us, in the US too many of us, are waiting for Armageddon, as predicted by old books, written by goat herders a long time ago.

“I am against [Abrahamic] religion, because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world”.

shawn001

You are so right and here is part of that:

The nature of reality
The physics of nothing, everything,
and all the things in between

Without pretending to understand everything theoretical physics tells us, should we not at least be interested in what reality really means? Instead many of us, in the US too many of us, are waiting for Armageddon, as predicted by old books, written by goat herders a long time ago.

“I am against [Abrahamic] religion, because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world”.

Thanks for posting the info.

I read a little while back and this might not be 100%, but they said something like we use to get a terabit of information a year, no we get that everyday.

Skeptisch

...we used to get a terabit of information a year, now we get that every day.
Sounds about right. As long as religious faith is considered a virtue nothing will ever change. Religion in many European countries is now a cultural phenomenon while in the US too many still believe they can change the laws of nature by praying to a supernatural deity. All you have to do is watch the GOP debates and you will know how much trouble the world is in.