• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gita

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, it's after 1am here where I live and I am getting to be very tired. I have decided to read some passages from the Gita before going to sleep. I have to say, even taken in small doses, I find the Gita stunningly beautiful. There is just something about it that I love. I have decided to randomly select verses online and i will post them here just because I feel like it. Somehow, when I do this randomly, I always fall onto a verse that I like very much.

Chapter 10, verse 20:
O Arjuna, I am the Self, the Ultimate Consciousness, seated in the hearts of all creatures. I am the beginning, the middle and the end of all beings.

Chapter 12, verse 6:

But those who surrendering all activities unto Me, being attached to Me, meditating on Me with exclusive worship by the science of uniting individual consciousness with the Ultimate Consciousness in devotion, O Arjuna, of these persons whose minds are absorbed in thoughts of Me, I become their deliverer without delay from the ocean of death in the material existence.

Goodnight guys!
:)

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Chapter 10, verse 20:
O Arjuna, I am the Self, the Ultimate Consciousness, seated in the hearts of all creatures. I am the beginning, the middle and the end of all beings.

Chapter 12, verse 6:

But those who surrendering all activities unto Me, being attached to Me, meditating on Me with exclusive worship by the science of uniting individual consciousness with the Ultimate Consciousness in devotion, O Arjuna, of these persons whose minds are absorbed in thoughts of Me, I become their deliverer without delay from the ocean of death in the material existence.

Good morning, Madhuri! I think the key to understanding Krishna's teaching is when He says "I" or "Me", He means the I and me pertaining to ourselves. Krishna understood His "I" is the ultimate. If we, Madhuri or Venu or whoever, also understand that our I is the ultimate, we would attain freedom. I am the seer, I am the experiencer - I am not the eyes that see or the body that experiences. Nor am I the ego that gets formed when I identify with the body.

Satsangi

The interpretations of Advaita will differ from othe philosophies. The Bhakti schools would take Lord Krishna as the Ultimate in human form and not simply another human who had an enlightenment of "Aham Brahmasmi". In your same post it says meditating on Him by worshipping Him by uniting individual consciousness into universal consciousness IN DEVOTION.

The point is Adi Shankara, to my knowledge, never labeled Lord Krishna as being another human who achieved enlightenment. And on the other hand he said "bhaj Govindam moodh matee....." (worship Govinda with blind intellect).

Central to Bhakti schools is that there is Anaadi Ishwara who cannot be "labelled" as human although He comes as human form (Avatar). By the way, in Adi Shankara's Advaita, there is no denial of Anaadi Ishwara.

Regards,

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I tend to see Realisation as simultaneously discovering God and Everything, because God is both distinct and yet He includes everything in existence. I have a special attachment to Krishna, because of my upbringing, so that in this life that particular form represents to me the ultimate Divinity.

Wannabe Yogi

I tend to see Realisation as simultaneously discovering God and Everything, because God is both distinct and yet He includes everything in existence. I have a special attachment to Krishna, because of my upbringing, so that in this life that particular form represents to me the ultimate Divinity.

I thinks it's great that you have an Ishtadevata. That you organise your life by HIS example.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend dharma seeker,

^^ good one. How can we surrender all activities onto ourselves??

Its all one and the same, The I spoken of is the state of water which is like its state of *vapour* which spreads all around whereas the *I* we refer to mostly is the same in the state of *ICE*, rock solid.
This ice has to be first melted to become a flow and then the water vaporises to spread its essence all around.
First the ice surrenders its *self*to become water if it retracts itself the ice will find difficulty in melting and then again the water surrenders *itself* to vapourise.

Love & rgds