• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

girlfriends/boyfriends

jasonwill2

what do they do/how do they react when they learned of your LHP religion???

I have promised myself to only get with a girl who is a Satanist anyway, so it's not too big an issue for me, but what of everyone's experiences with non LHP girls/guys? I assume that finding another LHP person is hard.

Also I live in WV so chances of me meeting a girl like that are slim lol

Last edited:

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
My girlfriend's mom thinks she's a vampire and apparently has arguments with her mom about black magic. Her father's computer passwords all involve Satan. She herself couldn't care less about religion. It's all good.

blackout

Violet.
Best to revolve a relationship around the relationship itSelf.

Revolving a relationship around a religion is not a good way to go.
IME.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
My girlfriend already knew I was a LHPather even before we started a relationship. We both have similar views on things and are both accomplished musicians and magicians. More than magical or any kind of religious belief or life philosophy, our compatability and attraction toward one another is what really spawned our love. I love her for herself, and she loves me for myself.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

jasonwill2

My girlfriend already knew I was a LHPather even before we started a relationship. We both have similar views on things and are both accomplished musicians and magicians. More than magical or any kind of religious belief or life philosophy, our compatability and attraction toward one another is what really spawned our love. I love her for herself, and she loves me for myself.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

I'm jealous =p

Dezzie

Yeah, as far as any relationship goes, I've seen successful relationships between Satanists and those of other religions plenty of times. It's the love that counts...

I'm not a Satanist, but my husband had strong Christian views when we met (I didn't). We didn't pay too much attention to that at the beginning though. After the first 2 years of being together, we started talking about our beliefs. He believed that people would go to Hell if they didn't belief Jesus died for our sins. I asked him, "So, am I going to Hell then? Even though I'm a good person and care for others?" Yeah... it started arguments but eventually they went away and we have both forgotten. Needless to say, my husband hates religion now (Oopsy...:eek:). Things have worked out for the better though. We are still very much in love, and we never spend one day apart. So... in my experience, it's possible if both individuals love each other enough.

jasonwill2

hmmm... well I would think that a secular "non-religious" person might respond better to the LHP than a Christian, but...hehe...

I have an evil idea where as I date a fundy girl then reveal that I'm a theistic satanist =o

Dezzie

haha probably... but I still think it's possible! Especially if both people are open to other ideas. If a person isn't open, forget it...

jasonwill2

haha probably... but I still think it's possible! Especially if both people are open to other ideas. If a person isn't open, forget it...

Most Christians I know are Baptist, fundies, Pentecostals, Apostolics (holy rollers!), or something of that variety. I know very little liberal or indeed open-minded Christians.

I do not think that a Christian and Satanist would get along at all as a couple, it would be hell.

Dezzie

Most Christians I know are Baptist, fundies, Pentecostals, Apostolics (holy rollers!), or something of that variety. I know very little liberal or indeed open-minded Christians.

I do not think that a Christian and Satanist would get along at all as a couple, it would be hell.

Very true... I haven't seen very many either. My husband was a little more open-minded but was sort of taken aback by my question to him. It made him feel horrible. I basically changed everything he was. I felt bad to be honest.

I can see what you mean about a Christian and a Satanist being a couple... but wait... look what I found! You might like this...

Lake Elsinore couple blends diverse beliefs :: The Valley News

jasonwill2

Very true... I haven't seen very many either. My husband was a little more open-minded but was sort of taken aback by my question to him. It made him feel horrible. I basically changed everything he was. I felt bad to be honest.

I can see what you mean about a Christian and a Satanist being a couple... but wait... look what I found! You might like this...

Lake Elsinore couple blends diverse beliefs :: The Valley News

That entire article, which I just read, is really weird.

The Bible says not to marry unbelievers, so she is violating her own beliefs (I assume anyway).

But if it works, hey, it works.

jasonwill2

the comments of the article, oh how those little ******* didn't read it! It said that The Satanic Bible is not based on any devil and quoted the guy as saying its about living as your own 'god', but they assume all their stupid CHristian assumptions.

I swear next time I hear this Christian propaganda nonsense in public I'm going to punch the idiot in their face.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

I have promised myself to only get with a girl who is a Satanist anyway, so it's not too big an issue for me, but what of everyone's experiences with non LHP girls/guys? I assume that finding another LHP person is hard.

Sadly, as a Satanist you are like a unicorn. :p Though if you are looking to run into some women I would suggest going to music shows for Satanic bands... Likely any woman whom is not bothered with it would be attending said shows. :p She is either a LHP person herself, or at least sympathetic.

Satanists are more common in Sweden and Norway too.. Maybe you need to go on vacation? I still think music is probably the best way as occult bookstores generally aren't LHP friendly, nor are local pagan groups; at least for finding a local dame. When you go to these shows it would be the time to break out all the jewelry and tattoos. You are just going to appear 'metal head' to the non-lhp so it won't be offensive a real lhp type will find themselves unable to not speak with you if they see you. :)

I've met a lot of fellow Satanists at those types of shows so I know that works. :)

Dezzie

That entire article, which I just read, is really weird.

The Bible says not to marry unbelievers, so she is violating her own beliefs (I assume anyway).

But if it works, hey, it works.

Since this isn't a debate topic, I can't get too crazy with this but... the Bible also says to "Love your Enemies", but that unbelievers are "wicked". Interestingly enough, I can classify myself as an unbeliever, but I'm not "wicked". There are many different branches of Christianity now-a-days, it's crazy. This woman could believe everything else in the Bible, but she could dismiss the "marrying unbelievers is wrong" statement. But yeah... overall, who knows really! I'm sure it's possible... but rare indeed!

jasonwill2

Sadly, as a Satanist you are like a unicorn. :p Though if you are looking to run into some women I would suggest going to music shows for Satanic bands... Likely any woman whom is not bothered with it would be attending said shows. :p She is either a LHP person herself, or at least sympathetic.

Satanists are more common in Sweden and Norway too.. Maybe you need to go on vacation? I still think music is probably the best way as occult bookstores generally aren't LHP friendly, nor are local pagan groups; at least for finding a local dame. When you go to these shows it would be the time to break out all the jewelry and tattoos. You are just going to appear 'metal head' to the non-lhp so it won't be offensive a real lhp type will find themselves unable to not speak with you if they see you. :)

I've met a lot of fellow Satanists at those types of shows so I know that works. :)

Then I am off to order a pentagram or some such!!! tbh the only inverted pentagram pendant I have is made out of paper tightly bound by black electric tape and stringed with an old and smooth black wire piece (with the metal stillin the rubber 'casing')

I'm too poor to buy one so I made one =p It is 4 inches across and holds together nicely as the paper is tightly wound up.

Wait, we are talking about shows, eh? What kind of bands would you suggest? I live in WV so I may need to go to a bigger place for a show. The biggest names as far as I know that have come to my town would be something like Otep, Saving Able, or... who was that third band that came last summer?

Damn I so regret missing Otep... an 18 and above only show too

Columbus Ohio might be a good idea too, but then again I could just ask at the one local music store, they often have information on up-coming concerts and could point me in the right direction. I even found records by Dimmu Bogir there and bought one, and they are pretty Satanic. So surely they might know something.

Too much rambling as I've been up for quite some time now =)

Dezzie

the comments of the article, oh how those little ******* didn't read it! It said that The Satanic Bible is not based on any devil and quoted the guy as saying its about living as your own 'god', but they assume all their stupid CHristian assumptions.

I swear next time I hear this Christian propaganda nonsense in public I'm going to punch the idiot in their face.

I know! :thud: I couldn't believe those comments! They were just awful...

Erebus

Tut tut, you're forgetting about one of the greatest tools at your disposal.

Lying ;)

I dated a Muslim girl for a while who was completely unaware of my religion (I told her I was agnostic which isn't actually a lie in itself).

If you need to reveal your beliefs do it a little at a time. Most people come around to the idea if you explain your beliefs eloquently, gradually and maybe skip the odd detail.

jasonwill2

Tut tut, you're forgetting about one of the greatest tools at your disposal.

Lying ;)

I dated a Muslim girl for a while who was completely unaware of my religion (I told her I was agnostic which isn't actually a lie in itself).

If you need to reveal your beliefs do it a little at a time. Most people come around to the idea if you explain your beliefs eloquently, gradually and maybe skip the odd detail.

How did it go over in the end? Oh! What if you slept with her before telling her!?!??! does that make it worse?

Erebus

How did it go over in the end? Oh! What if you slept with her before telling her!?!??! does that make it worse?

Unfortunately she didn't believe in sex before marriage. Shame as she was really quite hot and very very rich. We didn't end on bad terms, just drifted apart, we were very different people from each other even beyond our religious beliefs. I think the initial attraction was largely due to us being opposites to be honest.

Oh and I had no intention of telling her about my religion ;) That would be reserved for somebody I could envision staying with for a long time and even then I'd only reveal it piecemeal.
My longest relationship (two years) lasted as long as it did even after I'd explained some of my beliefs, but even then she preferred not to talk about it. She accepted it, but didn't understand it.

*edit* I should point out I get on fine with the girl I went out with for 2 years now. We had a few blazing rows shortly after breaking up, but it's all good now ;) She and most of my closer friends aren't put off by my religion, they just don't get it. Still in my opinion you have to be careful how much information you give and who you give it to.

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Then I am off to order a pentagram or some such!!! tbh the only inverted pentagram pendant I have is made out of paper tightly bound by black electric tape and stringed with an old and smooth black wire piece (with the metal stillin the rubber 'casing')

I'm too poor to buy one so I made one =p It is 4 inches across and holds together nicely as the paper is tightly wound up.

Wait, we are talking about shows, eh? What kind of bands would you suggest? I live in WV so I may need to go to a bigger place for a show. The biggest names as far as I know that have come to my town would be something like Otep, Saving Able, or... who was that third band that came last summer?

Damn I so regret missing Otep... an 18 and above only show too

Columbus Ohio might be a good idea too, but then again I could just ask at the one local music store, they often have information on up-coming concerts and could point me in the right direction. I even found records by Dimmu Bogir there and bought one, and they are pretty Satanic. So surely they might know something.

Too much rambling as I've been up for quite some time now =)

No seriously man.. SATANIC bands -->

Watain
Deicide (in general, I'd stay off the death metal shows though... they are a bit mainstream)
Acheron
Behemoth
Dimmu Borgir
Venom & Generally all black metal shows... high Satanist population in crowd
Those are just an idea.. but, off the top of my head..

Would hit up Decibel Magazine Tour at least... two of the above bands are on that tour..

Also, if you bother with getting a passport NOW so you can hit up Wacken a lot of the Satanic bands play there if you don't mind a plane ride to Germany. :p