• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting Married

dannisayz

dawny0826 said:
Oh yes, one more thing...then I'll head out...

There's always the super alternative...elope in a fine city of your choice (maybe Vegas...cha-ching!) and spend all your green on a super fabulous honeymoon, where it's just you and hubby...

:run:

Thanks for all the advice. I honestly wish I could elope, but it would cause more problems than good. I'll try to talk to my mom again, but I'm going to wait until she calms down.

Booko

Deviled Hen
dannisayz said:
To put my Father's responce to this situation in perspective:

"Did you ask your mother?"
"Yes."
"What did she say?"
"No."
"Then I have the same answer."

Yay Italian fathers.

Either that or he just ignores her. It's honestly his money that is paying for the wedding because it's his paycheck, but my mother is the woman and she makes all decisions when it comes to this kind of thing. My dad really has never been one to solve problems. He just ignores them until they go away.

Oy vey and begorrah! I guess I'm used to Dutch fathers. They rule the roost. Inside they are mostly teddy bears, though, and daughters can get whatever they want out of them, as long as it's not anything naughty.

Since you have a while, maybe in bit you could just drop a hint that it's such a hassle maybe you should just elope?

Have you asked her fairly plainly why she thinks you should be completely uninvolved in planning your own wedding? Any why your future husband should have no say? It's his wedding too.

I don't suppose you're intended could address the subject. :( Sometimes there's a mother-daughter dynamic that's just confrontational.

I don't suppose you have an older brother that would take up your case?

Booko

Deviled Hen
dannisayz said:
Thanks for all the advice. I honestly wish I could elope, but it would cause more problems than good. I'll try to talk to my mom again, but I'm going to wait until she calms down.

Would you mind if we said some prayers for your family?

dannisayz

Booko said:
Would you mind if we said some prayers for your family?

I don't mean this to sound rude, but I would because I no longer subscribe to things of that nature. I'm sorry.

Thank you for your advice. I just wish my family was not so complicated. I know it's going to offend my Father's family very much that it's not going to be at church, but there's no way around it. I outright refuse to be married in a Roman Catholic church or ceremony. I can't even fake it for them.