• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gettin old

King Phenomenon

Getting kind of sick of this website. Most of the people here believe that the world is actually 5 billion yrs old or they follow some religion from a book. There’s not enough people on here that I can relate to. No one seems to have any creative ideas as to how we got here and where we’re going. Maybe they do and they’re just not sharing, who knows. Actually who cares really. Haha

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Getting kind of sick of this website. Most of the people here believe that the world is actually 5 billion yrs old or they follow some religion from a book. There’s not enough people on here that I can relate to. No one seems to have any creative ideas as to how we got here and where we’re going. Maybe they do and they’re just not sharing, who knows. Actually who cares really. Haha

In my humble opinion, this is just a side effect of a forum being rather debate-focused.

( I've nothing more to add on the matter, though. )

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I really don't care how old the world is. I don't think about it, really.

I guess some of my religious thought comes from books, but lots of them. And other stuff. Nature. Cats. Chocolate.

I don't know how we got here; something else I don't think about. I don't know where we're going, but its fun to ponder sometimes... at others its terrifying.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I care.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why do you feel the need for creative ideas? For me reality has more than enough wonder in it. I do not need to make up a story to get satisfaction.
I found a blank spot. Blank is many times for wonderful than what did do.

Is somebody creating an idea?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Alright part of the reason that you cannot find anyone that agrees with you is that you never go into details about your beliefs. If you do tell others your beliefs, yes some will make fun of you. But you might be surprised. There may be some that agree.

But one thing for certain, if you won't tell others what you believe and why there is no way that anyone can agree with you. I am not saying that your beliefs are wrong, but your approach to using this forum clearly is. There are people of all beliefs here and if you are bold enough to state what you believe you will probably find someone that agrees with you.

King Phenomenon

Alright part of the reason that you cannot find anyone that agrees with you is that you never go into details about your beliefs. If you do tell others your beliefs, yes some will make fun of you. But you might be surprised. There may be some that agree.

But one thing for certain, if you won't tell others what you believe and why there is no way that anyone can agree with you. I am not saying that your beliefs are wrong, but your approach to using this forum clearly is. There are people of all beliefs here and if you are bold enough to state what you believe you will probably find someone that agrees with you.
Ok

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
You can do better. This is an anonymous forum and no one is going to attack you in your personal life. You might make some friends. In other words, I am saying that it is worth the risk to state what you believe.
I don't know. These people on the forums might be 'anonymous', and no one's going to punch me in the face, but people on these forums have said some things that have really cut me down and hurt me at times... and people have said some things that have kept me going in my darkest hours.

Its not good, in my opinion, to rule out the idea that the words you say on the internet might actually affect someone in 'real life'.

While I'd encourage a person to state what they believe, that can be a very personal thing. I might not want to state something near and dear to people who might say cruel things about it, or me, for believing such.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
You are the only person I have met that thinks the universe was created in 1980. I assume that is the year of your birth or the year of your oldest memory. But I don't know.

The evidence indicates the Earth is 4.6 billion years old so I accept that. Should we ignore the evidence?

What sort of creative alternative would you like?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't know. These people on the forums might be 'anonymous', and no one's going to punch me in the face, but people on these forums have said some things that have really cut me down and hurt me at times... and people have said some things that have kept me going in my darkest hours.

Its not good, in my opinion, to rule out the idea that the words you say on the internet might actually affect someone in 'real life'.

While I'd encourage a person to state what they believe, that can be a very personal thing. I might not want to state something near and dear to people who might say cruel things about it, or me, for believing such.
Okay that is not unreasonable. The reason that I so strongly advocated that he come out and openly states what he believes is because he was complaining that no one shared his beliefs or anything close to them. One cannot really know that if one does not state what one believes. I can believe that people have hurt you, though you are definitely one of the people that least deserve such treatment here. I was merely pointing out how he will never know if anyone agrees with him if he does not get a bit more public in his beliefs.

I will probably disagree with him, but I do not think that he should leave because of that nor do I think that he should be limited in finding those that would agree with him. I am merely trying to offer help where it seems to be needed.