• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Georgia hate thread

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Northern Georgia around the mountains is quite nice. Once you hit Atlanta, the traffic is a stark reminder that driving the next several hours before hitting Florida is miserable.

I used to drive at night and stop off at the numerous Waffle Houses for pecan waffles and a mega-sized to go styrofoam cup of grits with my extra large cup of horrible horrible coffee.

One thing I always enjoyed was right around the state line of Georgia and Florida. You suddenly shed your jacket/coat...and the strip club billboards were always hilarious.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Reforming previous statement, it was deleted for containing already censored profanity.

God bless America, folks. We're doing it right.

I believed in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. It doesn't mean anything if you can't afford it in court.

It's as simple as corrupt economics this judicial system.

But then bureaucrats will hearken on them when they need to on occasion.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I lived in Columbus, GA for about ten years. Georgia - like any other state - has it's good and bad points. Overall, it's nice enough but I like many other states better. I didn't consider it hell on earth though, and the people were really friendly.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I lived in Columbus, GA for about ten years. Georgia - like any other state - has it's good and bad points. Overall, it's nice enough but I like many other states better. I didn't consider it hell on earth though, and the people were really friendly.
Aye, ain't no state perfect.
I've lived in a few different ones.
Each has its charms, but there are always downsides....for which they always claim I'm partially at fault.

Welcome back!

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Some of Georgia is kind of pretty, I think... And The Walking Dead is filmed there, so I got pretty ****ing excited over that. But at least you don't live in Illinois. In Illinois there are corn fields almost everywhere, and in places where there aren't corn fields, there are soybean fields. We have Chicago, which is what most people think of when they think of Illinois, but most of us don't actually live there or anywhere near there. I'd have to drive about four hours to get to Chicago. We do have a lot of things centered around Abraham Lincoln though, since he lived here once. So exciting to see Abraham Lincoln themed parks, Abraham Lincoln related historical sites, and "Land of Lincoln" written all over everything.

Parsimony

Surely it's not coincidence that this thread was started on April 1st?

I spent a vacation in the mountains of Georgia earlier this year. I'd have to say that it was one of the best I've had in recent memory.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've drove through a few times. Once was through Atlanta the day of the Centennial Olympic Park bombing. I've never actually stayed in Georgia though.