• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George's Up Too Late Journal

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
****'s been real lately.

With various drama, the neighborhood drama being foremost at the moment, I am finding myself up way too late. It seems the turds next door wait until between 12-1am to gain entry next door; right about the time we're intending to go down. I was up until 4am last night, scoping out the area(from my windows), checking every dog bark while everyone else slept. Who knows how late I'll be up tonight.

We just got done with the police; it was Gus(a very nice gentleman who is attentive to the problem) and Pencilhead(I don't know his name, but he's a little rude, and is overall annoyed with us)tonight.

I wish my husband would just stay. in. the. house. This isn't a movie. We're not superheros. Just. stay. put. Wait for the officers. He chased the jerks off 3 times last night(once with the assistance of the dog). If he hadn't done that, perhaps the police would have got them...

Last night they left a bag of goodies on the porch. Old curtains(some still in the packs), a pair of very used pants, a video game for a Nintendo DS, and a can opener. I put the can opener back with a few cans of corn, a peach, and a fork. Maybe someone's hungry? Guess not. No one took it.

I called the owner of the house this morning, and he actually did come over and put up a bunch of motion lights. They ripped them all down tonight, and threw his grill on the sidewalk. In the twenty minute time frame Hubby actually wasn't outside...

I'm just tired of it. And I'm tired, period. I want to go to bed.

I figured I'd start this journal for these nights when I'm up too late; when things aren't going right. I might not have anything important to say, and perhaps I'll mindlessly say something twice, but at times like these I'm upset and just need to talk... even if its to no one in particular.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Gosh, that sounds horrible. I don't know the history, but is the house next door empty and people are breaking into it? I couldn't sleep, so I am up early.

Audie

Veteran Member
****'s been real lately.

With various drama, the neighborhood drama being foremost at the moment, I am finding myself up way too late. It seems the turds next door wait until between 12-1am to gain entry next door; right about the time we're intending to go down. I was up until 4am last night, scoping out the area(from my windows), checking every dog bark while everyone else slept. Who knows how late I'll be up tonight.

We just got done with the police; it was Gus(a very nice gentleman who is attentive to the problem) and Pencilhead(I don't know his name, but he's a little rude, and is overall annoyed with us)tonight.

I wish my husband would just stay. in. the. house. This isn't a movie. We're not superheros. Just. stay. put. Wait for the officers. He chased the jerks off 3 times last night(once with the assistance of the dog). If he hadn't done that, perhaps the police would have got them...

Last night they left a bag of goodies on the porch. Old curtains(some still in the packs), a pair of very used pants, a video game for a Nintendo DS, and a can opener. I put the can opener back with a few cans of corn, a peach, and a fork. Maybe someone's hungry? Guess not. No one took it.

I called the owner of the house this morning, and he actually did come over and put up a bunch of motion lights. They ripped them all down tonight, and threw his grill on the sidewalk. In the twenty minute time frame Hubby actually wasn't outside...

I figured I'd start this journal for these nights when I'm up too late; when things aren't going right. I might not have anything important to say, and perhaps I'll mindlessly say something twice, but at times like these I'm upset and just need to talk... even if its to no one in particular.
Where I live such activity is impossible.
So I have to have my own reasons for troubled sleep.
Many of my posts here are from 3 a.m.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
****'s been real lately.

is the house close enough that the owner would allow you to install wifi cameras?

images of the burglars and warning signs on the building would be a deterrent. the cameras could be installed inside and/or outside. they can be set to trigger a motion warning and your husband and you wouldn't have to guess how many, or how long they've been there. you could be immediately notified.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Gosh, that sounds horrible. I don't know the history, but is the house next door empty and people are breaking into it? I couldn't sleep, so I am up early.

Yeah, that's what's going on. I wouldn't care if they were quiet and just went to bed/played cards/brushed up on their tap dancing, but there's been a lot of robberies on the block lately.

Where I live such activity is impossible.
So I have to have my own reasons for troubled sleep.
Many of my posts here are from 3 a.m.

I'm sorry you have trouble sleeping, regardless. Its miserable.

Are you not allowed to shoot intruders in USA?

It depends on the circumstances. Regardless, a gun would be a major safety hazard in this house that would be more likely to end in accident or tragedy.

is the house close enough that the owner would allow you to install wifi cameras?

images of the burglars and warning signs on the building would be a deterrent. the cameras could be installed inside and/or outside. they can be set to trigger a motion warning and your husband and you wouldn't have to guess how many, or how long they've been there. you could be immediately notified.

The house is about ten feet away. We can't afford cameras, though.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
****'s been real lately.

Have you considered moving to a mansion in a gated community?

Audie

Veteran Member
Yeah, that's what's going on. I wouldn't care if they were quiet and just went to bed/played cards/brushed up on their tap dancing, but there's been a lot of robberies on the block lately.

I'm sorry you have trouble sleeping, regardless. Its miserable.

It depends on the circumstances. Regardless, a gun would be a major safety hazard in this house that would be more likely to end in accident or tragedy.

The house is about ten feet away. We can't afford cameras, though.
A gun would be awful unlawful here.
Extreme trouble to get, even more tobe caught with.

I see no need for one anyway, though in Uni/ USA I do wish very much I had been " carrying" one awful day.

In general of course if a person doesn't know
how to handle a gun/ cannot store it safely,,
for sure don't have one!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
A gun would be awful unlawful here.
Extreme trouble to get, even more tobe caught with.

I see no need for one anyway, though in Uni/ USA I do wish very much I had been " carrying" one awful day.

In general of course if a person doesn't know
how to handle a gun/ cannot store it safely,,
for sure don't have one!

For some, they have their place it seems. They can cause disaster, or avert it, depending on who's hands they're in.

We don't have one because of the storage... there would be no purpose to have one if it was stored 'safely'. Gun in one spot, ammo in another, and all with combo locks(because my son has broken into other kinds). By the time you gathered and put the gun together, the offender would have already done their piece on you. With the kids and their needs... the risks are too great.

We have dogs. We didn't obtain them specifically for protection, but I'm certain they would. One of them is 160lbs(lab/mastiff mix). She wouldn't be fun to tangle with. The little one would certainly do damage as well(35 lbs), as she is extremely protective.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I was up to see a sunrise. I don't see the attraction; its like dusk, but backwards. With dusk, you have the peace of night to look forward to. With dawn, you have the promise of a hectic day. What's to love? I guess I'm not up too late this time, just up too early.

I did go to sleep last night. About 2am. The kids actually went down well, but their father did not. He made a really stupid financial decision recently, and is mad at everyone but himself over it. I wouldn't mind just listening, but extreme emotions drain me after awhile, and he's full of them, complete movie quotes, false threats, nonsensical plots and plans. Its one way we differ; he's very passionate. I'm very reserved.

I thought I was fine, but obviously my nerves are shook. Nothing from him specifically, but it seems everyone else is having mental breaks in the house for this reason or the other, and the anxiety is contagious. I won't break, I can't. But sometimes I wished I lived in a commune in the woods, where there would be other people present to help out; maybe some hippy hugs all around. I actually spent about half a year trying to convince my husband that we should all go to a very well established one in a neighboring state, but no luck. He was too worried about stuff'n'things(as in personal belongings).

Sometimes being the voice of reason in the household is lonely. :(

Not to mention its a sad day when I'm the reasonable one... :confused:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I was up to see a sunrise. I don't see the attraction; its like dusk, but backwards.

I like that. :p

With dusk, you have the peace of night to look forward to. With dawn, you have the promise of a hectic day. What's to love? I guess I'm not up too late this time, just up too early.

I did go to sleep last night. About 2am. The kids actually went down well, but their father did not. He made a really stupid financial decision recently, and is mad at everyone but himself over it. I wouldn't mind just listening, but extreme emotions drain me after awhile, and he's full of them, complete movie quotes, false threats, nonsensical plots and plans. Its one way we differ; he's very passionate. I'm very reserved.

I thought I was fine, but obviously my nerves are shook. Nothing from him specifically, but it seems everyone else is having mental breaks in the house for this reason or the other, and the anxiety is contagious. I won't break, I can't. But sometimes I wished I lived in a commune in the woods, where there would be other people present to help out; maybe some hippy hugs all around. I actually spent about half a year trying to convince my husband that we should all go to a very well established one in a neighboring state, but no luck. He was too worried about stuff'n'things(as in personal belongings).

Sometimes being the voice of reason in the household is lonely. :(

Not to mention its a sad day when I'm the reasonable one... :confused:

Hippy hugs, George.

I'm guessing you already know about this site, but just in case:

Listings

Foundation for Intentional Community

You can search by state. Even if you're not seriously considering this kind of a move yet, it's fun to window shop.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I like that. :p

Hippy hugs, George.

I'm guessing you already know about this site, but just in case:

Listings

Foundation for Intentional Community

You can search by state. Even if you're not seriously considering this kind of a move yet, it's fun to window shop.

:)

I didn't know about that site, actually.

Maybe 7-8ish years ago, I was set that I wanted to live at East Wind. Hubby was interested... until it came to the 'stuff'. I think the car, specifically. He didn't want the car to be community property. And then he worried about his other stuff. He didn't want to minimize, and he didn't want to share his junk. Then he worried about his money... ugh.

There's a nice intentional community a few hours from here, built on Ayurvedic principles. Really cool. But... a 1 bedroom house there costs almost twice what our 3 bedroom house costs... not happening.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
:)

I didn't know about that site, actually.

Maybe 7-8ish years ago, I was set that I wanted to live at East Wind. Hubby was interested... until it came to the 'stuff'. I think the car, specifically. He didn't want the car to be community property. And then he worried about his other stuff. He didn't want to minimize, and he didn't want to share his junk. Then he worried about his money... ugh.

There's a nice intentional community a few hours from here, built on Ayurvedic principles. Really cool. But... a 1 bedroom house there costs almost twice what our 3 bedroom house costs... not happening.
I haven't looked into any of this in almost 20 years, but I know that back then not all of these communities required people to give up their personal property, in fact if I remember right only a few did.

There's a pretty wide variety, with different rules and requirements, different themes.