• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genetic Code is INFORMATION: Proof of Intelligent Design

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Except if i made him with a free will.

You could give the creature the choice to be nice or very nice, instead of being nice or nasty. If God gave man the ability to be nasty, then it is God's responsibility and God's fault.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You could give the creature the choice to be nice or very nice, instead of being nice or nasty. If God gave man the ability to be nasty, then it is God's responsibility and God's fault.

Being nice or very nice means having no free will to be otherwise.
Free will means free will.

buddhist

@ftacky, there is one possibility you might not have considered: If there are an infinite number of multiverses, then our universe is one out of an infinite set, and thus what you see as "intelligent design" may simply just be one statistically required development out of an infinite number. No intelligence needed.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
We have so we can say that how the world works is logical given how we evolved.

Why it's logical? how it's logical that a sperm and ovum which is microscopic that develop
to a human being within months, yes it's a fact and it's a reality but how it's logical.

ArtieE

Why it's logical? how it's logical that a sperm and ovum which is microscopic that develop
to a human being within months, yes it's a fact and it's a reality but how it's logical.
It's a fact and it's a reality and it's simply how organisms evolved. That's it. How the world works now is simply a logical continuation of how we evolved and previous conditions. How the world works now is just a logical result of all the things that went on before.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It's a fact and it's a reality and it's simply how organisms evolved. That's it. How the world works now is simply a logical continuation of how we evolved and previous conditions. How the world works now is just a logical result of all the things that went on before.

Do you think the initial singularity is logically possible?
Do you think that all species evolved from single cell is logically possible?
Reality and fact is one thing and to be logically understood is another thing.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Do you think the initial singularity is logically possible?
Do you think that all species evolved from single cell is logically possible?
Reality and fact is one thing and to be logically understood is another thing.
I never understood how "from a single cell organism" is supposedly not logical, but "poofed into existence" somehow is.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It is unless you can show me it's logically impossible?

The whole universe was compressed to a point of volume zero with infinite density,
if that makes sense to you, then you should believe that i saw a flying donkey yesterday.
As i said to you and i repeat again that fact and reality is one thing and to be logically understood is another thing.

ArtieE

The whole universe was compressed to a point of volume zero with infinite density,
if that makes sense to you, then you should believe that i saw a flying donkey yesterday.
As i said to you and i repeat again that fact and reality is one thing and to be logically understood is another thing.
What is fact and reality doesn't depend on what makes sense to me or what I believe or what I can logically understand. What doesn't make sense to me might make perfect sense to Stephen Hawking. So what? I don't think any scientists will abandon their theories just because they might not make sense to you and me. The problem would be with us, not their theories.

ftacky

It is crucially important for me to know my own natural inclinations and leanings:
1) I generally don't want a higher authority to answer to (even if there is one).
2) I generally see myself as wise enough on my own (even if I'm not as wise as i think I am).

We all have bigger heads than we ought.

By contrast here is what the Bible says:

Romans 12: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment...
John 3: This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

We love our own independence so so much we will make up whatever excuse necessary to avoid God and His authority.

This is why, if I really want to, I can believe something even though I have no solid confirmation of any kind (beyond mere theories which are nothing more than someone thoughts):
1) in such a thing as an alternate universe or multiverses.
2) in such a thing as matter equivalent to the universe coming out of one point. Never seen it, never seen anyone else confirm it in any way, and nobody else has seen it that i know of.
3) in such a thing as complex instructions forming on their own - even though I have never seen it or know anyone else who has.

I'm from the "show me" state: Show me something solid and confirmable in some way.

ftacky

@ftacky, there is one possibility you might not have considered: If there are an infinite number of multiverses, then our universe is one out of an infinite set, and thus what you see as "intelligent design" may simply just be one statistically required development out of an infinite number. No intelligence needed.

I consider those reasonings and logic which I use on a daily basis:
1) Do i assume on a daily basis - as i go about my business - that instruction books form on their own? No
2) Do i assume on a daily basis - as i go about my business - that a mass as large as a universe is compressible into a single point? No.
3) Do i assume on a daily basis - as i go about my business - that I can compress my pencil or my car into a single point? No.

Scientifically, matter by definition takes up space, right? Those atoms can only be compressed to a certain point and no more.

Instead, consider this:

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. (Matthew 7).

This broad road is the road running away from God. Most of us are on it right now, with our 'theories' in tow.

Instead of harboring prejudice against God and His authority, let's open our minds and consider what God is, who he is, and how to find these things out.

The first place I would look is in the words of Jesus Himself in the New testament. Just sayin'.

ftacky

And here's another thing:

If I assume - on a daily basis - that instruction books don't write themselves, why am i making an exception when it come to DNA?
If I assume - on a daily basis - that things like cars and boats cannot be compressed into a single point, why do i make an exception when it comes to the big bang theory?

hint: my own prejudices against God.

John 15: But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason.'

buddhist

1) Do i assume on a daily basis - as i go about my business - that instruction books form on their own? No
2) Do i assume on a daily basis - as i go about my business - that a mass as large as a universe is compressible into a single point? No.
3) Do i assume on a daily basis - as i go about my business - that I can compress my pencil or my car into a single point? No.

Scientifically, matter by definition takes up space, right? Those atoms can only be compressed to a certain point and no more.

Instead, consider this:

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. (Matthew 7).

This broad road is the road running away from God. Most of us are on it right now, with our 'theories' in tow.

Instead of harboring prejudice against God and His authority, let's open our minds and consider what God is, who he is, and how to find these things out.

The first place I would look is in the words of Jesus Himself in the New testament. Just sayin'.
I would say, instead of assuming there is a God, or in Jesus, just examine the universe around us and its Laws.

ArtieE

1. Do I assume on a daily basis - as I go about my business - that earthquakes are created by Poseidon? No.
2. Do i assume on a daily basis - as i go about my business - that thunder and lightning is created by Thor? No.
3. Do I assume on a daily basis - as I go about my business - that the universe was created by a god? No.

I assume all these have natural causes until somebody can show otherwise.