• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis 2

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly
Doesn't the Scriptures teach that GOD'S is truth?

WHAT TRUTH???

How many generations were there between Abraham to David?

Matthew 1:17 lists fourteen generations.
Matthew 1:2 lists thirteen generations.

sincerly said:
Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren; And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram; And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon; And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; And Jesse begat David the king;

I count fourteen.

LEARN HOW TO USE THE QUOTE FEATURE

Matthew 1:2 lists thirteen generations

So god doesnt know what he is doing, or did men writing this scripture make a mistake.

Outhouse, I posted Matt.1:2---above and underlined the generations. There are fourteen.
Yes, GOD does know what HE is doing----the mistake was in the counting by your List's source.

That list you gave/posted are not in line with this op and like the above do not deminish the truthfulness of the Scriptures. Ye strain at the gnat and swallow the camel.

sincerly

Hi CG D, שָׂטָן satan, is found in the Hebrew Bible(O.T.). So is sheol=hell.

"God" is found in the Koran, The Book of Mormon, the Baha'i writings. Is it the same "God" they are talking about? Your satan and your hell isn't the same as the Jewish definition. And who came first? Them. So why did you change the definition? I believe it came about because of pagan and Zoroastrian influences. I'm sure you think it is because people wrote what they heard Jesus say and therefore that's what is the truth. Maybe.

Hi CG D,You still haven't sorted out the Truth which The Creator GOD declared?
Your allegations/guessing would become clear should you be so inclined to "truly search the Scriptures" rather than believing the heresy of mankind.

I didn't write the Bible. Or change anything.

outhouse

Atheistically
That list you gave/posted are not in line with this op and like the above do not deminish the truthfulness of the Scriptures. Ye strain at the gnat and swallow the camel.

When did the leper become not a leper?

(Matthew 8:13 & 8:14) Jesus healed the leper before visiting the house.
(Mark 1:29-30 & 1:40-42) Jesus healed the leper after visiting Simon Peter’s house.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Ah but the books are in error, gods word in error, or mans words???

before or after visiting the house?????????

^ probably out of context.:p

The last time something similar was presented as a 'discrepancy', turned out it was referring to two entirely different situations.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Hi CG D, שָׂטָן satan, is found in the Hebrew Bible(O.T.). So is sheol=hell.

Your allegations/guessing would become clear should you be so inclined to "truly search the Scriptures" rather than believing the heresy of mankind.

I didn't write the Bible. Or change anything.
You didn't write it, but somebody did. And, it wasn't God. It was people that claimed God told them at best. The same as other religions that you claim are false. You didn't write it but you and others have interpreted it, a hundred different ways. I'm exaggerating of course, it's probably a thousand.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You didn't write it, but somebody did. And, it wasn't God. It was people that claimed God told them at best. The same as other religions that you claim are false. You didn't write it but you and others have interpreted it, a hundred different ways. I'm exaggerating of course, it's probably a thousand.

I have a scenario....

Moses wrote as he was told to....by God.

As we stand before heaven you get to make report as you just have.....
with Moses standing close by.

Any chance that scenario could really happen?

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly Hi CG D, שָׂטָן satan, is found in the Hebrew Bible(O.T.). So is sheol=hell.

I didn't write the Bible. Or change anything.[/quote]

Hi CG D, Yes, "somebody" did write what was written in the O.T and Somebody did write the N.T. The O.T. was written by the prophets chosen by GOD to deliver his messages(which were inspired, but the words by which those messages were presented were the prophets and in a language of the people's understanding) to the people who claimed to have HIM as their GOD.
Those writers of the N.T. were sent into the world to proclaim the "whatsoever I have told you"(as witnesses) which was given to Jesus by GOD, THE Father(and in accordance to the principles previously given the those O.T. prophets and at Sinai). Those(N.T.) writers were witnesses to all that Jesus had said and done in revealing the right principles and relationship which all who choose to be HIS Followers and subjects would obey.

Did GOD prophesy that there would come a "falling away" from HIS Truths? Yes, That is seen in Dan.7:25, and Paul emphasizes the soon happening of that truth--2Thess.2:3-4. Acts 20:29-32.
That applied to the Jewish people and to those who claim to be "followers of the way"/Christians.

PS.33:4, "For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth. "
John 17:17, "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

Your choice. ALL will answer to GOD for their decisions. Mankind's opinions or the truths revealed by GOD?

sincerly

When Jesus healed him.

Ah but the books are in error, gods word in error, or mans words???

before or after visiting the house?????????

There is no error. The point was the healing of the leper, not the house or arriving at the house. Mark was not one of the twelve and neither did he give all of the details which Matthew had expressed before his entering remarks.
Mark did, Luke1:1-2, "Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; "

Mark did "set forth" the "most surly believed things" he was impressed with probably ten to fifteen years after the Resurrection--when writers began o take in hand to write concerning those things amid persecution/and the scattering away from Jerusalem.
The power of Jesus was seen in those actions HE did. The leper was healed as stated. and that healing attested to the fact that "GOD is with us".

outhouse

Atheistically
BEFORE OR AFTER? That is the question, quit dodging!

There is a contradiction, there is an ERROR.

So is it god that made the mistake?

Or humans not understanding god??

Maybe god needs a phone to be more clear?

sincerly

Maybe god needs a phone to be more clear?

How does that impact on the fact that the leper was healed?? A fact that showed that Jesus Christ was more than human---the "GOD with us"/immanuel.

outhouse

Atheistically

sincerly

How does that impact on the fact that the leper was healed?? A fact that showed that Jesus Christ was more than human---the "GOD with us"/immanuel.

Look in the mirror and visualize the answer.

outhouse

Atheistically

Look in the mirror and visualize the answer.

We are talking about the mistake and errors from the unknown authors, who wrote what you call gods words.

So your words, from god himself are incorrect?. Does YOUR god make many mistakes?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
We are talking about the mistake and errors from the unknown authors, who wrote what you call gods words.

So your words, from god himself are incorrect. Does YOUR god make many mistakes?

Allowing non-believers?

Just kidding......but then again....think of the peace we might have!