• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis 2

outhouse

Atheistically
" is Using a non-credible work of human beings as proof against the Word of GOD.

Human beings wrote the different books of the bible.

No god wrote anything

Almost all of the antedulivians failed to get aboard the Ark and the Scriptures state they died.

Your making statements you CANNOT back.

To date, no worldwide flood has ever happened that wiped out all mankind.

That is factually impossible.

Still---your choice to make---are those Scriptures true---are just a myth.

Its reason, logic, knowledge and educations choice.

And no one CREDIBLE argues the bible doesn't contain mythology.

Its why you cannot pin a exact date to a world wide flood, because it has to actually happen to have a specific date.

And that my friend is a mythological corner you cannot crawl out of.

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly
Hi outhouse, what is "nonsensical" is Using a non-credible work of human beings as proof against the Word of GOD.

Human beings wrote the different books of the bible.

No god wrote anything

Yes, Those holy men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit to give their messages from GOD to Mankind.(via HIS people). Also, GOD did write the Decalogue with HIS finger upon the tablets of stone.

Originally Posted by sincerly Almost all of the antedulivians failed to get aboard the Ark and the Scriptures state they died.

Your making statements you CANNOT back.

To date, no worldwide flood has ever happened that wiped out all mankind.

That is factually impossible.

In my reading of the Biblical account, the flood occurred (Gen.7:11)"In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened". That would have been 1656 years after the Creation of all things and those seashells I have seen in the mountains could well have been on the floor of the oceans when the "fountains of the deep were broken up" and the 40 days of rain caused the earth to be covered.

"plates moving"? Yes, as that verse attests and then a re-figuration of the "land" as the waters receded off of the land.
That would make it happening about 2354 B.C.

Originally Posted by sincerly Still---your choice to make---are those Scriptures true---are just a myth.

Its reason, logic, knowledge and educations choice.

And no one CREDIBLE argues the bible doesn't contain mythology.

Its why you cannot pin a exact date to a world wide flood, because it has to actually happen to have a specific date.

And that my friend is a mythological corner you cannot crawl out of.

You can rely on man's "reason, logic, knowledge and education" in the ways of man, but I choose to believe the "Inspired nessages give by the Creator GOD of ALL things.
Yes, the Bible does tell about those man-made gods which are myths.
See above.
The Heavens, earth and all things in them are NOT Mythical, but very real---and I'm satisfied to be a part of them while GOD gives me continued life.

outhouse

Atheistically

This is a lie or intellectual dishonesty.

Why is there FACTUAL writing during this time period from other countries?

Penn News | University Of Pennsylvania Museum Archaeologist Fredrik Hiebert Discovers Evidence Of Unknown Written Language, Complex Central Asian Silk Road Civilization From 4300 Years Ago

University Of Pennsylvania Museum Archaeologist Fredrik Hiebert Discovers Evidence Of Unknown Written Language, Complex Central Asian Silk Road Civilization From 4300 Years Ago

outhouse

Atheistically

It is factual that no global flood happened during this time period :facepalm:

Next, will you denounce evolution that is taught in every major university around the world as higher learning?

While creation is outlawed from most public schools in a science class.

Explain yourself. What part of FACTUAL don't you understand.

Explain why no civilization from this time period shows any sign of complete destruction of any life form, human or animal?

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Hi outhouse, what is "nonsensical" is Using a non-credible work of human beings as proof against the Word of GOD.

Humans wrote the bible not god.

Who are you to discredit the people who determine history?

How can you discredit them when they post facts, and you post biased unsubstantiated opinion?

outhouse

Atheistically

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Young Earth creationism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The scientific consensus, supported by a 2006 statement by 68 national and international science academies, is that it is evidence-based fact derived from observations and experiments in multiple scientific disciplines that the universe has existed for around 13.8 billion years and that the Earth was formed about 4.5 billion years ago, with life first appearing at least 2.5 billion years ago.

These are facts not up for debate.

That won't stop people from debating whether they are facts.

sincerly

That would make it(flood) happening about 2354 B.C.

This is a lie or intellectual dishonesty.
Why is there FACTUAL writing during this time period from other countries?

Penn News | University Of Pennsylvania Museum Archaeologist Fredrik Hiebert Discovers Evidence Of Unknown Written Language, Complex Central Asian Silk Road Civilization From 4300 Years Ago

University Of Pennsylvania Museum Archaeologist Fredrik Hiebert Discovers Evidence Of Unknown Written Language, Complex Central Asian Silk Road Civilization From 4300 Years Ago

Hi outhouse, the Sumerian language is "supposedly at 2900 B.C. the earliest "claimed" written with the "Elamite at 2300 B.C." of those claimed.
That's about 550 years difference in writing---If they actually wrote their accounts upon being scattered from Babel. My guess would be the earliest any could write "traveling from Babel to their cities" would around 2150 B.C.

Did you notice that the above dated the find at "4300 years ago"=2300 B.C.
Also, that "stamp seal" was claimed "may well be of indigious with language". In other words, it could just as well been used as one would a signet ring----without being associated with anything more than, as was stated by others, "a local symbolic system hitherto unknown".
That was in 2000 and apparently it was left inconclusive.

2. No, I do not think the Scriptures are a Myth.
God said at the time of the flood that man's life span would be 120 years.
Mankind since that time has been in relellion to GOD---even those HE called out to be HIS people and to teach others HIS ways.

3. Yes, I wrote, that by my calulations, the flood happened about 2354 B.C.
True, I have NO belief in the "big bang theory". Regardless of who teaches it---nor what is outlawed.
The "petroleum deposits" are evidence of the decomposition of former plant and animal life. Do you want to explain how those ended up deep in the earth?

4.Other human beings do not necessarily determine what is "history".
In those writings of their histories, I see a lot of "supposition" and "guessing". (That is "unsubstantiated opinion".)

5. Because non-believers do not believe that the Flood occurred approx 1656 years after Creation doesn't mean that it didn't happen. I place the credibility of the Creator GOD of all things above mankind's and my understanding of what GOD has said as Truth.

6. No matter how often you use Wikipedia as a source concerning Religious matters/subjects it may be your belief, but it is NOT mine.
And the "facts you claim", which are false, are up for debate---since they are conjectures.
68 false opinions makes nothing any more valid than the one false opinion.

If I'm not mistaken, you and I have had this discussion in the past on another thread.

outhouse

Atheistically
Hi outhouse, the Sumerian language is "supposedly at 2900 B.C. .

You need to post sources

It looks like your making up lies as you go. Sources are required here if you make a absolute statement like you did above.

get with the program.

Now on to the debate, YOUR WRONG AGAIN.

History of writing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is generally agreed that true writing of language (not only numbers) was invented independently in at least two places: Mesopotamia (specifically, ancient Sumer) around 3200 BCE

It is debated whether writing systems were developed completely independently in Egypt around 3200 BCE

The invention of writing was not a one-time event, but a gradual process initiated by the appearance of symbols, possibly first for cultic purposes. Canadian researchers from the University of Victoria suggest that symbolism was used by cave painters of the Neolithic Age. "...von Petzinger and Nowell were surprised by the clear patterning of the symbols across space and time – some of which remained continually in use for over 20,000 years.

Stop the nonsense.

There is not any large civilization that shows any disruption what so ever for a thousand years before and after your mythical date of 2354 BC. That makes your flood date FACTUALLY incorrect.

Not only that there is no evidence at all of global flooding in Israel

I place the credibility of the Creator GOD of all things above mankind's and my understanding of what GOD has said as Truth.

So what

You have a unsubstantiated, unfounded personal opinion. Keep it to yourself if you wont be intellectual honest.

Opinions that goes against all modern education, all of science, and even that of biblical scholars. It goes against REASON and KNOWLEDGE are intellectually dishonest.

I have showed you that the earth is factually billions of years old. Facts mean it is FACT

6. No matter how often you use Wikipedia

This just shows your personal bias, you discount accepted facts and education and all of science.

Its your personal problem, but that doesn't give you the right to post misinformation due to your own admitted intellectual dishonesty due to your closed mind.

Almost every single university world wide teaches the exact opposite of your faith as higher learning. It also matches the knowledge in the online encyclopedia you pathetically discount.

2. No, I do not think the Scriptures are a Myth.

Stop your intellectual dishonesty, do I have to quote the dictionary because you dislike knowledge?

You stated the flood happened 4354 years ago.

This proves you are wrong.

The new evidence, according to Hiebert, points to the existence of a complex pre-Silk Road civilization, circa 2300 B.C

How did a whole civilization come into existence 54 years after your flood from a single family?

a site remarkable for the length of its occupation, with archaeological deposits that stretch from the earliest village way of life, 4500 B.C., to 15th Century Moslem times --

This states the civilization existed from 4500 BC to the 15th Century! proving no flood had wiped this civilization out.

This also applies to all of Sumerian and Mesopotamian civlilizations

This also applies to all Egyptian cultures as well.

What part of fact don't you understand!!!!!!!!!!

outhouse

Atheistically
Young Earth creationism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The scientific consensus, supported by a 2006 statement by 68 national and international science academies, is that it is evidence-based fact derived from observations and experiments in multiple scientific disciplines that the universe has existed for around 13.8 billion years and that the Earth was formed about 4.5 billion years ago, with life first appearing at least 2.5 billion years ago.

These are facts not up for debate.

Why did you skip over these facts?

Are you calling them liars?

sincerly

Why did you skip over these facts?

Are you calling them liars?

I didn't you just read closely enough and -----
notice: 6. No matter how often you use Wikipedia as a source concerning Religious matters/subjects it may be your belief, but it is NOT mine.
And the "facts you claim", which are false, are up for debate---since they are conjectures.

outhouse

Atheistically
I didn't you just read closely enough and -----
notice: 6. No matter how often you use Wikipedia as a source concerning Religious matters/subjects it may be your belief, but it is NOT mine.

SO your calling them liars?

Who do you think you are?

What education do you have that states you know better the 68 science academies?

That is not 68 opinions, academy does not mean one.

Stop debating if you cannot admit your cornered by reality, reason, knwoledge and education :facepalm:

I showed you that you are wrong, now either post evidence refuting my claims or stop the intellectual dishonesty.

You have ran out of opinion here. Your opinion has no credibility at all the way you avoid reason.

sincerly

You need to post sources

It looks like your making up lies as you go. Sources are required here if you make a absolute statement like you did above.

get with the program.

Now on to the debate, YOUR WRONG AGAIN.

History of writing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is generally agreed that true writing of language (not only numbers) was invented independently in at least two places: Mesopotamia (specifically, ancient Sumer) around 3200 BCE

It is debated whether writing systems were developed completely independently in Egypt around 3200 BCE

The invention of writing was not a one-time event, but a gradual process initiated by the appearance of symbols, possibly first for cultic purposes. Canadian researchers from the University of Victoria suggest that symbolism was used by cave painters of the Neolithic Age. "...von Petzinger and Nowell were surprised by the clear patterning of the symbols across space and time – some of which remained continually in use for over 20,000 years.

Hi outhouse, Come to think of it---that source was your favorite source---Wikipedia---under "lists of languages by first written account".

I'll just put up the necessary portion----it has to many "site buttons" to include all the dates/languages.(and have to remove.)

DateLanguageAttestationNotesc. 2900 BCSumerianJemdet Nasr periodsee Sumerian cuneiform; "proto-literate" period from about 3500 BC (see Kish tablet)c. 2700 BCEgyptianEgyptian hieroglyphs in the tomb of Seth-Peribsen (2nd Dynasty), Umm el-Qa'ab"proto-hieroglyphic" inscriptions from about 3300 BC (Naqada III; see Abydos, Egypt, Narmer Palette)c. 2400 BCAkkadianA few dozen pre-Sargonic texts from Mari and other sites in northern Babylonia[3]Some proper names attested in Sumerian texts at Tell Harmal from about 2800 BC.[4] fragments of the Legend of Etana at Tell Harmal c. 2600 BC.[5]c. 2400 BCEblaiteEbla tabletsc. 2300 BC[6]ElamiteAwan dynasty peace treaty with Naram-Sinc. 21st century BCHurrianTemple inscription of Tish-atal in Urkesh[7]c. 1650 BCHittiteVarious cuneiform texts and Palace Chronicles written during the reign of Hattusili I, from the archives at Hattusasee Hittite cuneiform, Hittite texts
You do see those small "c." before the date---and you are aware that means "circa"=about/around. Therefore, all the dates are "guesses".
It shouldn't be any surprise then that "guesses" based upon other "guesses" are not facts.
And the "proto-" periods????? But, one does have a lot of time to utilize----14.? billion years???(according to your sources.)

The Scriptures give with-in a ball park figure the same range for the Flood to happen and "writing not being interupted", but yet, for them to remember their forefathers speaking about it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The creation accounts should really be looked at as being allegory, especially since they were taken from a Babylonian narrative and adjusted to teach our morals and values. Cultures all over the world do this exact same thing even in the modern age (Google the history of "Santa Claus" and see how he's evolved over the last few centuries, for just one example).

Using these accounts as allegory in no way diminishes what they are about, instead actually enhancing them because it's the teachings of morality and values that's really important because those we can use on a day to day basis. By insisting that one must takes these accounts literally typically misses the messages found within. It's like reading Grimm's Fairy Tales and insisting they must have happened and not noticing that these tales actually do teach various moral messages that may go over the heads of younger children and careless adults.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The Scriptures give with-in a ball park figure the same range for the Flood to happen and "writing not being interupted", but yet, for them to remember their forefathers speaking about it.

The Flood narrative almost without a doubt was also taken from the Babylonian and reworked as a teaching device. Again, let me encourage you to reread it and look for the morals and values that are being taught, because it is these that's really important.

sincerly

The creation accounts should really be looked at as being allegory, especially since they were taken from a Babylonian narrative and adjusted to teach our morals and values. Cultures all over the world do this exact same thing even in the modern age (Google the history of "Santa Claus" and see how he's evolved over the last few centuries, for just one example).

Using these accounts as allegory in no way diminishes what they are about, instead actually enhancing them because it's the teachings of morality and values that's really important because those we can use on a day to day basis. By insisting that one must takes these accounts literally typically misses the messages found within. It's like reading Grimm's Fairy Tales and insisting they must have happened and not noticing that these tales actually do teach various moral messages that may go over the heads of younger children and careless adults.

Hi Metis, Yes, GOD Himself taught Adam and Eve some very valuable "Morals/values", but it wasn't from an allegory. It was actual experience. They and we are the recipients of those factual events---Obey and live.

outhouse

Atheistically

Stop your nonsense, you posted nothing that refutes my replies.

I posted facts, you post nonsense with no sources.

You boxed yourself in, and reason, knowledge and education wont let your intellectual dishonesty escape.

You do see those small "c." before the date---and you are aware that means "circa"=about/around. Therefore, all the dates are "guesses".

Those are not guesses and thus you are being intellectual dishonest as your interpretation looks like a factual lie.