• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis 1:26-27 - God as "us" and "our" meaning

A

angellous_evangellous

which's a mistake, since Elohim "created" in Gen 1:1 is singular verb

Elohim is a noun, and it's plural. That's what the suffix "him" means. Plural nouns can take singular verbs, if indeed it is singluar. I'll have to wait until I get home to check the Hebrew on that one.

To the contrary, Genesis' author, Moses, was neither polytheistic nor henotheistic.
When he wrote Genesis (1500ish BC). Near a millenium before the exile

I don't know of any Hebrew bible scholar who thinks that Moses wrote Genesis. That view died when we started finding parallel Babylonian stories in the late 19th century.

writer

21 I'll have to wait until I get home to check the Hebrew on that one.
amen

I don't know of any Hebrew bible scholar who thinks that Moses wrote Genesis.
I don't think i'd particularly use the word "scholar" in that instance, for that case.
Moses wrote Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
And delievered the Israelis out of Egypt

That view died when we started finding parallel Babylonian stories in the late 19th century.
Since Moses wrote Genesis's my view, i'll testify that view didn't die.
There are lots of parallels to the Bible, various parts of it, and other ancient literature, even up to today.
That hardly means, nor suggests, that originals or initials aren't original or initial

Wongly understand Bible verses can cost people lose eternal life in Kingdom of Heaven, as well as mental illnesses and physical diseases.:run:

johannes

divinemission said:
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]:yes:God said: “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. Let them have dominion over the fist of the sea, the birds of the air, and the cattle, and over all wild animals and all the creatures that crawl on the ground. God created man in his image, in the divine image he created him; male and female he created them.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Genesis 1:26 & 27[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]:yes:God the Master of the universe did not create the planets, earth, and humans on earth; His two small portions (divine souls with fully God natures) created and govern all living creatures, based on the Master’s divine plan and His laws.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]:yes:The “our” and “us” mean that there are two divine souls: one male and one female in one God, and God created human souls, male and female (two genders) in one God’s image. There are many more scriptures recorded in the Bible that reveal the fully God and fully human as “our” and “us” God.[/FONT]

the our and us is clearly husband and wife having a conversation same like you and your wife having a conversation; let us have sex and create a child.
there cant be two souls, the female/earth/you are the soul of God the spirit created out of the visible, the spirit of the visible things.
god said let US make human to OUR image and the image of God = male and female meaning God is female and male and not as we preached that god is male only. johan.