• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Paraprakrti said:
Why is there such a large focus on our genders when we should be concentrated on the soul, which transcends gender altogether?
Because there is evidence for the existence of gender.

Pah

Uber all member
Paraprakrti said:
People need to be less concerned with their genitalia. Society in general is degraded because everything centers around sexual conceptions. It is pointless to try and justify such nonsense with emotional value. First of all, if one feels that they should have been born the opposite gender, then maybe they will get their wish granted next time around. But why artificially try to become something else? And even if modern science develops a way that will completely turn one gender into the other... what a complete waste of time! Why is there such a large focus on our genders when we should be concentrated on the soul, which transcends gender altogether?

Sexuality is a basic component of self-identity. It is the essence of a physical body.

One does not feel they are born with the opposite gender but merely want to manifest the appropiate morphology or behavior with the innate gender.It is not a desire to become something else but to realize the fullest potential possible for the gender identified. A soul is not recognized by every individual but a gender is inescapably known by all.

-pah-

Paraprakrti

Custom User
pah said:
Sexuality is a basic component of self-identity. It is the essence of a physical body.

One does not feel they are born with the opposite gender but merely want to manifest the appropiate morphology or behavior with the innate gender.It is not a desire to become something else but to realize the fullest potential possible for the gender identified. A soul is not recognized by every individual but a gender is inescapably known by all.

-pah-

Sexuality is not the root "component". The root component is the propensity to enjoy. It is within sexuality that the most prominent enjoyment exists. This is all understandable. Nevertheless, the essence of the body is the soul. People need to understand that they suffer because they mistake the soul's position for the body's position.

Pah

Uber all member
Paraprakrti said:
Sexuality is not the root "component". The root component is the propensity to enjoy. It is within sexuality that the most prominent enjoyment exists. This is all understandable. Nevertheless, the essence of the body is the soul. People need to understand that they suffer because they mistake the soul's position for the body's position.

I'm sorry, Paraprakrti, I did not say the root component - I said a basic component which means there are other essential parts to self-identy besides sexuality. There is the family associations, the awareness of one's body, and the broad, encompassing life experience along with sexuality (and maybe more). A propensity for a portion of the range of only one emotion is impossibly termed a "root" identity. And I'm not even sure a totality of emotion can be part of identity except as it occurs in life experience.

You are sexual whether ot not it is enjoyable.

"The essence of the body is the soul" is a contradiction. The soul is not of the body but of faith or spirituality which occurrs as concepts of the mind and is included in life experience. The body can be measured - the soul can not. The soul, or spirit if you will, is not part of everyone. I have no soul or spirituality but I do have a fully developed identity. To be "core" it must be present in everyone.

Identity begins when an infant in the crib first recognizes his or her hands and reaches for something. It is an awareness of the body and increases as the infant learns to control the body. The soul, if present at this stage, is totally immature, almost an empty spiritual vessel.to be filled with acquired faith.

Sexuality remains as the universal self-identifier.

-pah-

Paraprakrti

Custom User
pah said:
I'm sorry, Paraprakrti, I did not say the root component - I said a basic component which means there are other essential parts to self-identy besides sexuality. There is the family associations, the awareness of one's body, and the broad, encompassing life experience along with sexuality (and maybe more). A propensity for a portion of the range of only one emotion is impossibly termed a "root" identity. And I'm not even sure a totality of emotion can be part of identity except as it occurs in life experience.

Ok then, allow me to word it better: The root component of this basic component, sexuality, is the propensity to enjoy. We don't necessarily have to enjoy in our sexuality, but sexuality is the most prominent outlet for this enjoyment in material life.

pah said:
You are sexual whether ot not it is enjoyable.

Then you are spirit-soul whether or not you accept it.

pah said:
"The essence of the body is the soul" is a contradiction. The soul is not of the body but of faith or spirituality which occurrs as concepts of the mind and is included in life experience. The body can be measured - the soul can not. The soul, or spirit if you will, is not part of everyone. I have no soul or spirituality but I do have a fully developed identity. To be "core" it must be present in everyone.

Ok, clarification: the essence that drives the body is the soul. Secondly, just because you deny the soul doesn't mean that it is non-existent. Actually, you are correct, you have no soul. I also have no soul. You are soul. I am soul.

pah said:
Identity begins when an infant in the crib first recognizes his or her hands and reaches for something. It is an awareness of the body and increases as the infant learns to control the body. The soul, if present at this stage, is totally immature, almost an empty spiritual vessel.to be filled with acquired faith.

Who's awareness? The child is becoming aware of the body, so who is the entity that is becoming aware?

pah said:
Sexuality remains as the universal self-identifier.

-pah-

That is understandable seeing that the universe was born of ignorance.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
sexuality is part of the body. the body will die. but the soul will live on. i wont give a little speech on the evidence of a soul, there is something called faith, and thats what i have. i have a personality, i have my individual identity. sorry, but i do not want to be identified for having a penis or being gay. i want to be identified with who i am, not my body, because i know my self worth and i want to be valued for that.

Pah

Uber all member
Paraprakrti said:
Ok then, allow me to word it better: The root component of this basic component, sexuality, is the propensity to enjoy. We don't necessarily have to enjoy in our sexuality, but sexuality is the most prominent outlet for this enjoyment in material life.

I just do not recognize emotion as an indicator of identity. And I disagree that sexuality is the most prominent. Enjoyment comes from the much more frequent act of eating and drinking. It also comes from the arts as often as an indulgence in sex.

Then you are spirit-soul whether or not you accept it.

Please don't tell me my make-up especially since we do not agree with what is core.

Ok, clarification: the essence that drives the body is the soul. Secondly, just because you deny the soul doesn't mean that it is non-existent. Actually, you are correct, you have no soul. I also have no soul. You are soul. I am soul.

What drives the body is the cerebellum and brain stem in a physical electro-chemical process. Is the soul an electo-chemical process as well? And what part of the brain is its location - the cerebrum?
Who's awareness? The child is becoming aware of the body, so who is the entity that is becoming aware?

Please don't ask factitious questions? You seem to have something in mind - why not just make your point.

That is understandable seeing that the universe was born of ignorance.

?????

-pah-

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
In answer to the origional question....

some native American tribes had as many as seven genders.
strait man
strait woman
gay man
gay woman
bisexual
transgender
ect cet.

In some tribes you needed members of the other genders to perform certain ceremonies. They were thought to have special powers as they mixed both the male and female medicine.

So the 'modern flourishing' of 'alternitive lifestyles' isn't so 'modern' or so 'alternitive'.

wa:do

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
haha, good point painted wolf. in ancient hindu society there were only three, the male, the female, then the third gender. the third gender can be broken into masculine gays or femine gays, this group also included eunuchs. some of them are used for oral sex, some of them are servants to rich houses, etc. they say its auspicious to have a third gendered person attend a wedding or any ceremony.

though the hindu dualism is only split between masculine and femine.

trishtrish10

human sexuality is a responsibility we all share. self control in this area is necessary for peace of mind and body. marriage is so sacred it is a sacrament blessed by God. sex is the highest urge we feel next to love. everyone craves love even angels who are neither male nor female. a friend once said he thought heaven felt like one huge orgasm. good thought. the eyes are a window to our soul. i've heard that heaven is bliss just gazing into God's eyes.