• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay

JoStories

Nestlé is Swiss, not that it makes any difference since the big companies are all global now. Been boycotting it since '00 since the CEO said drinking water should not be considered a human right.
Seriously? I never knew that. I only like Lindor anyway.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
The problem is this - people will not see us as equal human beings and will not understand unless we at least give them the option to hear what we have to say. I try to educate people, but within reason. If someone is putting their hands over their ears and yelling, I dont bother.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Seriously? I never knew that. I only like Lindor anyway.
Nestle has the blood of infants on their hands (check out the infant formula controversy), they purchase the stuff for their chocolate that was harvested via child slavery (and their CEO, Peter Brabeck-Letmathe says the Ivory Coast is better of because of those purchases), and Brabeck, although he has said water is a basic human need, he has also said that water as a basic human right is an "extreme position," and that like other food stuffs it should have a price tag on it so we, the consumer, knows the value of it. Nestle is also involved in a years-long battle in Fyreburg, Maine, where the community does not want Nestle to take their water and wants to maintain communal ownership, but Nestle has been fighting it in court in order to take their water. Simply put, Nestle is a terrible company, and anyone with anything that resembles a conscious and moral compass should not buy anything that has their label on it.

EyeofOdin

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

I may be wrong in holding people to standards. I'm just a human,I'm not perfect.It's God's judgement that matters and this verse right here is all that matters.
Your mythology, prophecies and biblical laws are irrelevant to me. I don't know a Yahweh. He is welcome in my temple like all benevolent spirits and gods, but my heathen ways prefer Odin's kin in Asgard and their allies the Van gods in Vanaheim and most importantly my own ancestors and beloved dead.

People just don't grasp the facts of Christianity. It's simply a "religion" based on the book God gave the people. The real substance comes from that Book and from having a relationship from God, not from following rules. Christianity is all about love and helping people reach their maximum potential with God. Judging can be looked at a lot of ways, but this kind of judging is a caring one, kinda like when your mom or brother tells you not to do something you shouldn't do. Not like a teacher scolding you for chewing gum.

Your mythology, prophecies and biblical laws are irrelevant to me. I don't know a Yahweh. He is welcome in my temple like all benevolent spirits and gods, but my heathen ways prefer Odin's kin in Asgard and their allies the Van gods in Vanaheim and most importantly my own ancestors and beloved dead.

Are you saying you believe in Thor lol

Marisa

People just don't grasp the facts of Christianity. It's simply a "religion" based on the book God gave the people. The real substance comes from that Book and from having a relationship from God, not from following rules. Christianity is all about love and helping people reach their maximum potential with God. Judging can be looked at a lot of ways, but this kind of judging is a caring one, kinda like when your mom or brother tells you not to do something you shouldn't do. Not like a teacher scolding you for chewing gum.
Telling people they are an abomination in the eyes of god is caring? Not hardly.

Telling people they are an abomination in the eyes of god is caring? Not hardly.

He's not calling a mere person an abomination, but instead referring to certain acts that humans willingly choose to do. God didn't make all of these "rules" to limit our potential and wants on Earth. He made them as a guideline in which He promises the best in return for people who actually listen to Him. I'm more than certain that being a gay person doesn't cause God to think of the person as worthless because He did indeed make us, but the actions that go against God do upset him in a more saddening way over an over reactive angry father kind of way.

And then there's the atheist, who's laughing just as hard at your mythology as you are at someone else's, and for the same reasons! :D

Believing in something doesn't make it true. Observable results are what keeps a theology going for a person. I wonder when the last time was that Thor helped someone in a time of need.

Marisa

He's not calling a mere person an abomination, but instead referring to certain acts that humans willingly choose to do. God didn't make all of these "rules" to limit our potential and wants on Earth. He made them as a guideline in which He promises the best in return for people who actually listen to Him. I'm more than certain that being a gay person doesn't cause God to think of the person as worthless because He did indeed make us, but the actions that go against God do upset him in a more saddening way over an over reactive angry father kind of way.
If you engage in homosexual sex, you are to be put to death according to the bible. That very much says that god thinks homosexuals are worthless. Thing about religion is that it creates an imaginary disease and then sells you an imaginary cure. You'd be much better off if you'd never been convinced that there was something wrong with you because you're a bit different. I for one, am more than a little weirded out by how much attention religions pay to people's sex lives. Big, giant, flashing neon red flag that is.

Marisa

Believing in something doesn't make it true. Observable results are what keeps a theology going for a person. I wonder when the last time was that Thor helped someone in a time of need.
I wonder the same thing about your god. Because the exact same proofs that Thor goes around helping folks out exist for your god, too.

The. exact. same. reasons.

If you engage in homosexual sex, you are to be put to death according to the bible. That very much says that god thinks homosexuals are worthless. Thing about religion is that it creates an imaginary disease and then sells you an imaginary cure. You'd be much better off if you'd never been convinced that there was something wrong with you because you're a bit different. I for one, am more than a little weirded out by how much attention religions pay to people's sex lives. Big, giant, flashing neon red flag that is.

If you're talking about the Old Testament, then yeah, they were stoned. But Christianity doesn't follow those laws since Jesus came to eventually provide the New Testament.

And while homosexuality was coined as a psychological disorder in the 20th century, I believe it is just that it is no longer considered one because it isn't a disease. It's not an illness or disorder. But it is a wrong act. The difference between stealing, lying, cheating to homosexuality is that those three(and whatever else fits into the category) go both against God and humans understanding of right and wrong. Homosexuality however is different because it deals with a sensitive aspect of life- love. Those who didn't know God but were in power to promote certain ideologies made a change in past generations that now are lingering into the more recent ones. Of course there's countless other reasons that this became so widespread, but the invention of all kinds of media really changed the worlds overall idea.

It's not that Christians were convinced that it was wrong, because it always has been. It's just that people are being convinced that it is right.

And as to why Christians care about others sex lives: 1 Corinthians 6:18//
"Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body."

When one messes with sex outside of God, they're abusing Gods gift of sex whether it's gay sex, orgies, or just unmarital in general. Sexual sin brings a lot more damage to ones soul or Spirit whether we want it to or not.

And I'm not just talking about what I've heard, read, or seen. I lived a rather "adventurous" homosexual life and by the time I started leaning towards God, I was mentally, emotionally, and physically drained. That's why it's so important to Christians.

I wonder the same thing about your god. Because the exact same proofs that Thor goes around helping folks out exist for your god, too.

The. exact. same. reasons.

Please, enlighten me on these proofs then. Or is it reasons? I mean you could just give me both I guess. I'd like a few comparisons too. Also make sure you're not trolling me even more than you are now.

Marisa

If you're talking about the Old Testament, then yeah, they were stoned. But Christianity doesn't follow those laws since Jesus came to eventually provide the New Testament.
I get so tired of hearing this. Jesus himself said that the old laws are still valid and that he won't be coming back until they are all in place.

And while homosexuality was coined as a psychological disorder in the 20th century, I believe it is just that it is no longer considered one because it isn't a disease. It's not an illness or disorder. But it is a wrong act. The difference between stealing, lying, cheating to homosexuality is that those three(and whatever else fits into the category) go both against God and humans understanding of right and wrong. Homosexuality however is different because it deals with a sensitive aspect of life- love. Those who didn't know God but were in power to promote certain ideologies made a change in past generations that now are lingering into the more recent ones. Of course there's countless other reasons that this became so widespread, but the invention of all kinds of media really changed the worlds overall idea.

It's not that Christians were convinced that it was wrong, because it always has been. It's just that people are being convinced that it is right.
Riddle me this grasshopper, if god thinks homosexuality wrong, why did he put it in almost every single species of animal he created? So he could pee himself laughing at the mental gymnastics some people will go through trying to deny their nature? Does he enjoy seeing people being tormented by "good, god fearing people" because of how they love?

And as to why Christians care about others sex lives: 1 Corinthians 6:18//
"Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body."
Well, that's no answer. God's still a voyeur, peeking in your bedroom windows to see what you're doing in the dark. Creepy.

When one messes with sex outside of God, they're abusing Gods gift of sex whether it's gay sex, orgies, or just unmarital in general. Sexual sin brings a lot more damage to ones soul or Spirit whether we want it to or not.
Sex is not a gift from god. It's a gift from nature. We are one of few species capable of engaging in sex for fun. And what you're telling me is that god created us with this ability, and then screams DON'T YOU DARE DO THAT! AND manages to convince you that YOU are the twisted one!

And I'm not just talking about what I've heard, read, or seen. I lived a rather "adventurous" homosexual life and by the time I started leaning towards God, I was mentally, emotionally, and physically drained. That's why it's so important to Christians.
The whole flipping world would be better off if we stopped moralizing sex. Sex is good. Sex is fun. Sex is not shame. And love is not guilt.

Last edited:

Marisa

Please, enlighten me on these proofs then. Or is it reasons? I mean you could just give me both I guess. I'd like a few comparisons too. Also make sure you're not trolling me even more than you are now.
I haven't made any claims of fact. What I've done is ridicule you for ridiculing someone else over who's imaginary friend is really real. You go ahead and show all the reasons why Thor isn't real, and never once pause to realize that the same reasons you reject Thor are why I reject both of your gods.

I get so tired of hearing this. Jesus himself said that the old laws are still valid and that he won't be coming back until they are all in place.

Riddle me this grasshopper, if god things homosexuality wrong, why did he put it in almost every single species of animal he created? So he could pee himself laughing at the mental gymnastics some people will go through trying to deny their nature? Does he enjoy seeing people being tormented by "good, god fearing people" because of how they love?

Well, that's no answer. God's still a voyeur, peeking in your bedroom windows to see what you're doing in the dark. Creepy.

Sex is not a gift from god. It's a gift from nature. We are one of few species capable of engaging in sex for fun. And what you're telling me is that created us with this ability, and then screams DON'T YOU DARE DO THAT! AND manages to convince you that YOU are the twisted one!

The whole flipping world would be better off if we stopped moralizing sex. Sex is good. Sex is fun. Sex is not shame. And love is not guilt.

Still valid, in spirit. What Jesus brought about was a switch that instead of being punished in order to receive forgiveness from God, one just has to ask for forgiveness. That sins forgiveness doesn't come from a physically external method but a spiritually internal and external way brought about by the death of Jesus. If you're tired of hearing it, then read it for yourself?

Almost every species is a big assumption. Might wanna bring that down to about 1,500 or maybe 2000(maybe a bit more)by now out of about 8.7 million, or 8,700,000 species. Pretty much about 0.0002% of species worldwide that have been known to engage in a form of homosexual behavior. Not to mention that we're talking about animals that aren't exactly as aware of the moral implications of their actions. Let's just stick to the topic of people lol.

Sex is a gift from God. Sex is also a part of our nature, just like sin is a part of our nature. Sex isn't for pleasure but reproduction, but it is a gift for its pleasuring ability. Using that gift outside of the intended use (reproduction in a marriage) is again, abusing that gift.

He gave us sex, and a life, and a soul and all of that. But Ge also gave us free will to do as we please, but He didn't give us free will to do as we please without Him but with Him. Of course following free will is the ability to choose to be holy minded or unholy minded. Being holy minded is to think about Gods wants from us as people of Earth and to work against what God says to work against.

God doesn't give it to us, and as you say "DON'T YOU DARE DO THAT.". But instead is saying, "Wait until the time is right, it'll be worth it."