• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay Marriage Issue and Obama

Warren Clark

Informer
Just what was this change we can believe in anyway?

Taxes are still low.

Gitmo is still open.

We still are in Iraq.

We still are in Afghanistan with more troops than Bush ever had there.

The economy still sucks.

Unemployment is even worse.

He spent over 4 trillion dollars in just over two years and promised it would help.

Banks are still open but no one can get a loan, (what was the point?)

Actually the more I think of it, he is pretty much just like George W. Bush, more debt, more troops and starting another "not war".

I should like Obama better than I do.

Alot of this Obama couldn't avoid.
Taxes, Debt, the economy Iraq, etc.
It was never going to change from the state we were in when obama took office.

He has done alot though.
Repealed DADT.
Healthcare reform. (whether we like it or not, he still did it)
increased unemployment benefits
cash for clunkers

so on and so forth

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Alot of this Obama couldn't avoid.
Taxes, Debt, the economy Iraq, etc.
It was never going to change from the state we were in when obama took office.
Obama agreed to extend the tax cuts for the wealthy for two more years due to Republican pressure in Congress, and I don't think he got enough in return. He vowed in a speech on economics a few months back that he would not stand for continued low taxes, and I plan to hold him to it. If the tax cuts for the wealthy are not expired in 2012, I will be very disappointed in him as a president.

He has done alot though.
Repealed DADT.
Healthcare reform. (whether we like it or not, he still did it)
increased unemployment benefits
cash for clunkers

so on and so forth
For a term of presidency, he needs more than this. As for health care reform, I think he fought as best as he could on that one, but the result isn't nearly as good as what he set out to do.

Warren Clark

Informer
Obama agreed to extend the tax cuts for the wealthy for two more years due to Republican pressure in Congress, and I don't think he got enough in return. He vowed in a speech on economics a few months back that he would not stand for continued low taxes, and I plan to hold him to it. If the tax cuts for the wealthy are not expired in 2012, I will be very disappointed in him as a president.

For a term of presidency, he needs more than this. As for health care reform, I think he fought as best as he could on that one, but the result isn't nearly as good as what he set out to do.

With the political pressure from the right, obama can only do so much.
I have high hopes for him during his second term once the pressure of re-election wears off.

Either way, he was the less of two evils.
I don't trust any politician.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I know a lot of folks who think bin Laden's death sealed it.

By election day, that will be old news. Now if the economy was to improve or unemployment was to turn around, I would say it is in the bag.

Bill Clinton said it best, "It's about the economy stupid".

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
By election day, that will be old news. Now if the economy was to improve or unemployment was to turn around, I would say it is in the bag.

Didn't say I agreed. :)

Warren Clark

Informer

I believe that the economy has a lot to do with the election.
However, the economy was already in the crapper when Bush left.
Obama did a lot to help extend relief for the unemployed.
I also believe that he has alot more to do and we are still waiting.
Now if he doesn't do anything to effect the economy in the next year, then I am sure his approval rating will go down, but I don't think it will kick him out of the top candidates running.