• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funny quotes about cricket

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings if you are a cricket fan.

If not, these quotes may not mean a whole lot :)

Anyway, here's a few quotes about the game -

quote-the-first-time-you-face-up-to-a-googly-you-re-going-to-be-in-trouble-if-you-ve-never-trevor-bailey-113-87-86.jpg

TOP 25 CRICKET FUNNY QUOTES | A-Z Quotes

"A very small crowd here today. I can count the people on one hand. Can't be more than 30"

~ Michael Abrahamson

Funny Cricket Quotes

Cricket is basically baseball on valium.

~ Robin Williams

Feel free to add your own!

:)

Heyo

Veteran Member
"Of all the races in the Galaxy, only the English could possibly revive the memory of the most horrific wars ever to sunder the Universe and transform it into what I'm afraid is generally regarded as an incomprehensibly dull and pointless game." - Douglas Adams, Life the Universe and Everything (1982)

Heyo

Veteran Member
"A very small crowd here today. I can count the people on one hand. Can't be more than 30"

~ Michael Abrahamson
Someone else who learned to count in binary.
I've been told that it's a Chinese invention. Also, in China the number 4 is considered unlucky, so, don't display 4 openly!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
“I bounced a cricket ball off his cheek and waited for him to fall down. He just carried on chewing gum and hit my next ball for six, 24 rows back.”
Former Australian fast bowler Rodney Hogg talking about Viv Richards.

exchemist

Veteran Member
“I bounced a cricket ball off his cheek and waited for him to fall down. He just carried on chewing gum and hit my next ball for six, 24 rows back.”
Former Australian fast bowler Rodney Hogg talking about Viv Richards.

What a legend. I like this anecdote:

....playing for Somerset in a county game against Glamorgan, Greg Thomas attempted to sledge Richards after he had played and missed at several balls in a row. He sarcastically informed Richards: "It's red, round and it's about five ounces, in case you were wondering." Richards then hammered the next delivery for 6, straight out of the stadium and into a nearby river. Turning back to the bowler, he commented: "You know what it looks like, now go and find it."[31]
:D