• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From where did we get the Bible?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Respectfully, not only are the majority of (secular) scholars wrong, they are contradicting the text, which says itself that inspired people wrote inerrant truth.
So the Bible can be relied on because it says it can be. If I say I can be relied does that mean I can be?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It seems to have become a "Don't ask, Don't tell" lottery
I have received all types of battery including Lithium thro the post. from various suppliers.
However I have not had cause to send any.

I have no Idea how they could tell the sort of battery that was enclosed except by looking at it.
One lithium battery came from Hong Kong by air, and it was marked as that on the customs slip.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
***Mod Post***

Please note that this is a sub-forum of the Christianity DIR. Only Christian members may post here.

10. Discuss Individual Religions Forums/Same Faith Debates/"Only Sections"
The DIR subforums are for the express use for discussion by that specific group. They are not to be used for debate by anyone. People of other groups or faiths may post respectful questions to increase their understanding. Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted. DIR areas are not to be used as cover to bash others outside the faith. The DIR forums are strictly moderated and posts are subject to editing or removal.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored blue, non-members of that area are limited only to respectful questions, and are not allowed to make any non-question posts.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored green, non-members of that area may make respectful posts that comply with the tenets and spirit of that area. This includes questions, as well as knowledgeable comments.

The Same Faith Debates subforum is specifically for debate between members of the same faith. Members that are not part of a same faith debate thread's selected faith may not post at all in those threads. The Political "Only" subforums are also used specifically for that group and may not be posted in by members that do not correspond to the political position of the subforum. These two forums are colored purple.

rusra02

Premium Member
Did a Big Hand reach down and hand someone the first Bible? Where did it come from, do you think?
I believe men were used by God to write down various portions of the Bible. Some 40 men were used and the writing proceeded over a 1,500 year period. Many of these writers acknowledged God's direction of what they wrote down. Jehovah God inspired these men to write down God's thoughts, not their own. Thus, IMO, "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness." (2 Timothy 3:16)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Torah was handed to Moses on Mount Sinai. Verbally. The words were written on the scrolls through God.

Any thoughts about the ' Book of Generations ' mentioned at Genesis 5:1 ?
Apparently Noah took it with him on the Ark. Moses could have compiled some of Genesis from those pre-flood writings.

Agent

codex were put together from scrolls

the scrolls were translated into Greek to make up the Septuagint
the Vulgate was translated from a codex to give us the latin bible that was used for a thousand years