• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From this moment on, I am reborn

Ori

Angel slayer
Vedanta is one of the six major philosophies of Hinduism. Vedanta teaches that man's real nature is divine, and that the aim of human life is to realize that divinity through selfless work, devotion to God, control of the inner forces, and discrimination between the real and the unreal. It recognizes that Truth is one and accepts all religions, properly understood, as valid means of realizing the truth.
Religion is a way of life rather than a set of dogmas, and Vedanta places great importance on actually experiencing the truth for ourselves. Through spiritual practice we try to establish contact with the divine reality and then manifest that divinity in all our actions.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I can understand the attraction - from the little I know about it, it sounds incredibly peaceful, and full of Love.:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Ori, if you believe you have found what you are looking for, I can only give you my very best wishes, and am happy for you.:)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
LOL! Congrats, Ori. Now you'll have to learn to wrap a turban and cook chapattis, eh?

Out of curiosity, what led you to this decision? Do you have any good books or readings to recommend?