• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From the Teachings from the Huainanzi

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
From Being Taoist
Wisdom for Living a Balanced Life
Edited and translated by
Eva Wong
Translation from the Teachings from the Huainanzi

The actions of humanity also affect the natural world. When there is lots of killing, gales, and tornadoes will appear. When power is misused, locusts and other harmful insects will multiply. When innocent people are killed, there will be drought. When there is injustice, there will be floods and rainstorms. Therefore, spring, summer, autumn, and winter are the enforcers of celestial judgement. The sun and the moon are celestial messengers, the conjunction of stars and planets signifies a gathering of celestial power, and rainbows and shooting stars are omens.

I just found it interesting how much the the first part of this sounds very much like the world we currently live in

Wu Wei

In a sense, it would seem to be, or at least that is what it seems to be suggesting

Baladas

An Págánach
Very interesting, thanks for sharing.
Also (on an unrelated note) I happen to have that book on my Amazon wish list.
Have you enjoyed it?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Very interesting, thanks for sharing.
Also (on an unrelated note) I happen to have that book on my Amazon wish list.
Have you enjoyed it?
I am also looking for good book recommendations. :)

Wu Wei

I am enjoying "Wisdom for Living a Balanced Life" The first chapter is from the Huainanzi but the other chapters are based on translations from other books, I will list those later if you like.

One note; I like the book, but I believe the translator is taking some liberties with the translation to make it more relevant for the time.

But the Huainanzi is also on Amazon and on my wish list

Baladas

An Págánach
I am enjoying "Wisdom for Living a Balanced Life" The first chapter is from the Huainanzi but the other chapters are based on translations from other books, I will list those later if you like.

One note; I like the book, but I believe the translator is taking some liberties with the translation to make it more relevant for the time.

But the Huainanzi is also on Amazon and on my wish list

Ah, I see. Thank you. :)