• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From Hell

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Anyone else seen the Johnny Depp movie "From Hell". It's a Jack the Ripper movie

Watched it a couple of times this week, and found it. . . . entertaining. :D

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Nope. I have grown to quite like Johnny Depp, so I will have to check it out. Just by the fact you watched it a couple of times indicates it is rather compelling.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I found it very interesting. I watched it shortly after "Lord of the Rings" came out, so seeing the range of Ian Holm (between the roles he plays in the two films) of Ian Holm was incredible. Since I really liked Johnny Depp's character, I was saddened by the end, though.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
FeathersinHair said:
I found it very interesting. I watched it shortly after "Lord of the Rings" came out, so seeing the range of Ian Holm (between the roles he plays in the two films) of Ian Holm was incredible. Since I really liked Johnny Depp's character, I was saddened by the end, though.
Yes, the ending was a real bummer.:(

ChrisP

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
It's a very sad ending, but quite well done too. I was watching it with my family the first time, and right at the start where the opium lamp comes on my little brother goes "whats' that".

The words "It's Opium" were nearly out of my mouth before I bit my tongue.

Slightly ruined for me at the end in the Cheesy way they dealt with Heather Grahams Character and the little Girl. . .

But Ian Holm, WOW!!! when he's talking to the Inspector, towards the end and turns around with that look in his eyes. Nearly kaka'd myself.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Seen it, loved it, own it. :p

FeathersinHair said:
FeathersinHair said:
it very interesting. I watched it shortly after "Lord of the Rings" came out, so seeing the range of Ian Holm (between the roles he plays in the two films) of Ian Holm was incredible. Since I really liked Johnny Depp's character, I was saddened by the end, though.

Have you seen 'Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes'? He's great in that too (it's the first movie I can remember seeing him in).

Master Vigil

I thought it was a masterpeice!! :D I am very impressed with Depps work. Every film I have seen of his has been good. Dunno if he's that good, or just lucky. :D

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Master Vigil said:
I thought it was a masterpeice!! :D I am very impressed with Depps work. Every film I have seen of his has been good. Dunno if he's that good, or just lucky. :D
He makes it look effortless, and he picks such different roles. Definitely one of my fav actors.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Master Vigil said:
I dunno, I had a bit of a Johnnyfest recently, and I just couldn't come at 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'. :areyoucra Of course, my viewing was hampered by the dvd stuffing up halfway through it, so I missed a major part of the story (about half an hour).

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Bastet said:
I dunno, I had a bit of a Johnnyfest recently, and I just couldn't come at 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'. :areyoucra Of course, my viewing was hampered by the dvd stuffing up halfway through it, so I missed a major part of the story (about half an hour).
I used to love it when I was.. .. .. Ether inclined, but now it just views rather poorly.