• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From 'born again' to agnostic

Luminous

non-existential luminary
It’s just that we are running out of doers, we seem to spend more time in talking about the issues of poverty, immorality, drug usage, crime rates, etc than doing something about it, what is it that you find wrong with the great work that the Church does and what they teach?
It is a two-faced work, and It is false teaching... anything else?

The salvation doctrines brings hope to the lost, that. What it does!

What does that really mean? I have no desire to be in heaven with the god of the people who believe only the 'saved' go to heaven, or its acolytes!

This seems to really get to the heart of your rejection and unbelief. All other reasons are secondary to this fundamental reason. Ultimately, despite other objections I am sure you could post, your fundamental reason for unbelief in God is a heart/moral one.

I have just one question (currently) for you. According to Christianity, what kind of people do not end up in heaven?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
This seems to really get to the heart of your rejection and unbelief. All other reasons are secondary to this fundamental reason. Ultimately, despite other objections I am sure you could post, your fundamental reason for unbelief in God is a heart/moral one.

I have just one question (currently) for you. According to Christianity, what kind of people do not end up in heaven?

There is no single thing as "Christianity." The answer will differ with the Christian you ask, everything from "those whom God has chosen" to "everyone."

Misty

I don't understand the first part of your post? Christianity is a very broad church. The fundies think only the 'saved' go to heaven, the more liberal think that others will be let in too.

Wotan

MY kind.;)

I don't understand the first part of your post? Christianity is a very broad church. The fundies think only the 'saved' go to heaven, the more liberal think that others will be let in too.

You had written the following:

"...I have no desire to be in heaven with the god of the people who believe only the 'saved' go to heaven..."

The fact that you present this as an objection reveals a moral conviction on your part. You appear to believe that for only "the saved" to go to heaven is morally wrong (am I incorrect in this assessment?).Thus my response that I believe this is really your fundamental reason for unbelief or rejection of the God of the Bible.

- I apologize for lack of clarity on my part. Perhaps I should have said Bible instead of Christianity, hopefully this will narrow things down a bit.

Misty

You had written the following:

"...I have no desire to be in heaven with the god of the people who believe only the 'saved' go to heaven..."

The fact that you present this as an objection reveals a moral conviction on your part. You appear to believe that for only "the saved" to go to heaven is morally wrong (am I incorrect in this assessment?).Thus my response that I believe this is really your fundamental reason for unbelief or rejection of the God of the Bible.

- I apologize for lack of clarity on my part. Perhaps I should have said Bible instead of Christianity, hopefully this will narrow things down a bit.

I think the Biblical god is a product of the human imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty
I think the Biblical god is a product of the human imagination.

why do you think this?

Because that is how it reads to me. The authors also gave their character the nastiest of human characteristics, no doubt to make it look more powerful than the gods of other tribes.

- Your personal opinion, ok, thank you.

Do you have any actual evidence to the contrary?

What kind of evidence would persuade you and how much? Even if presented with such evidence, do you really think you would then suddenly become a Bible believing Christian after so many years ( has it been years?) of believing otherwise based solely upon the presentation of such evidence?

Do you have any evidence contrary to my belief?

Wotan

What kind of evidence would persuade you and how much? Even if presented with such evidence, do you really think you would then suddenly become a Bible believing Christian after so many years ( has it been years?) of believing otherwise based solely upon the presentation of such evidence?

Do you have any evidence contrary to my belief?

Since you asked. This little experiment would be most convincing. And if your god thingy is what theist claim it would be an easy thing to do.

On the next full moon a message appears on the face. "I am the Lord thy God." The message is seen by humans everywhere in their native language. Blind persons and those otherwise unable to see the message are nonetheless aware it is there and aware of its content. However no recording can be made, that is TV photos etc show NOTHING unusual. Yet every person looking at the moon sees this same message.

Further tides suddenly stop. As does the rotation of the moon in its orbit.

A month passes and a new message appears. "And I am ****** at all of you."

Damn well get MY attention.

But of course nothing like this has ever happened, except as recorded in your favorite book of myths. How - convenient.:rolleyes:

As for my evidence I don't need any. I am not making a positive claim. You are. The burden of proof is yours alone.

In 6k years of trying you guys haven't produced a single thing but myth legend delusion and wishful thinking. But hey, maybe you got something.

Have at it.

Since you asked. This little experiment would be most convincing. And if your god thingy is what theist claim it would be an easy thing to do.

- yup this is true

On the next full moon a message appears on the face. "I am the Lord thy God." The message is seen by humans everywhere in their native language. Blind persons and those otherwise unable to see the message are nonetheless aware it is there and aware of its content. However no recording can be made, that is TV photos etc show NOTHING unusual. Yet every person looking at the moon sees this same message.

Further tides suddenly stop. As does the rotation of the moon in its orbit.

A month passes and a new message appears. "And I am ****** at all of you."

Damn well get MY attention.

- I doubt it, your natural inclination would probally still be to initially look for a natural explanation.

But of course nothing like this has ever happened, except as recorded in your favorite book of myths. How - convenient.:rolleyes:

- Case in point. :)

As for my evidence I don't need any. I am not making a positive claim. You are. The burden of proof is yours alone.

- How convient for you. This is why I ask, I thought you might throw out the burden of proof argument. This clearly shows you could give a rip about what I may present, despite your claim otherwise. You have a belief and you are claiming that the Bible is a book of myths. Nice try though.

In 6k years of trying you guys haven't produced a single thing but myth legend delusion and wishful thinking. But hey, maybe you got something.

- mere opinion, opinion, and opinion with no reasons presented otherwise.

Have at it.

Responses above

emiliano

There is no single thing as "Christianity." The answer will differ with the Christian you ask, everything from "those whom God has chosen" to "everyone."

Your are right in his there is not a single one but there one or hat are more damming to the soul.
First is not believe that He exist as salvation is gift from God offered to every one many time through out our life, they musk and receive it and believe, if you don’t believe you’ll never ask for it .Right?
The others know but to pretending to know and believe but continue in ther way by the broad road that lead to destruction